ADVERTISEMENT

Trayce Jackson Davis

A zillion years ago is when IU was close to "elite". But PU still managed to beat you...….just kind of interesting is all. And IU has always had good recruits.....what your program has done with that talent has been the question.
Did I say Purdue isn’t good? IU doesn’t always land top recruits but they have stretches when they land a lot of good players. Purdue is always well coached and have decent talent and smart kids. Of course they do well.

Oh you mean like back when IU was putting up all those moldy banners?
It was way way way before then. I’ve looked it up. It was when colleges started playing basketball games. Archie got Jerome Hunter and Romeo last year and this year Jackson Davis and probably Brooks. I think he’s doing what he needs to do talent wise to have a chance to possibly hang another banner. I don’t think either is a OAD but we’ll see.

Painter needs a good recruiter. He is honest and upfront and excellent X's and Os .. but one are he needs help is a closer.

We are doing good enough to get noticed by the elite players now, but I think when his no BS approach doesn't work, he needs someone to fill that gap.

I'm glad he is our coach and don't think anyone else would do much better here, but clearly he needs some backup.

This is why Purdue has not won 1 NCAA title ever even with all the basketball talent coming from Indiana. Always settling for medicority.

The press recruits for IU. I thought the Knight mystique would RUB off by now. It hasn't.
FYI under the masterful Knight, our beloved Keady held a winning record against IU. Purdue's dominance over IU in all sports except mens soccer, continues.
IU has had some runs over the years but the dominance is obvious in the head to head record. And it isn't a fluke.
Which is hard for them to brag about since Purdue doesn't have a men's soccer program.

This is why Purdue has not won 1 NCAA title ever even with all the basketball talent coming from Indiana. Always settling for medicority.

Mediocracy owns you! No shame in that.

Purdue is not mediocre they are a solid top 25 program who hasnt been able to get over the hump. Painter is in his prime and has a good 10 years left in said prime what he does now will determine how he is viewed by history. Will he go down in the history books like Keady or become the coach who gets them over the proverbial hump? Time will tell

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I was alive for the last 3 and the 2 ither final four appearances. Where you alive for your 1 final four?
Yep. And long enough to watch Purdue win more head-to-head and B1G titles against IU's superior talent. And I actually attended the school I cheer for, with out reversing my jacket between football and basketball season.

I’ll play along; good pickup and Archie has some nice momentum right now. I like our guys and our class but this just makes the Hall recruitment sting that much more.
And the Nnaji recruitment, and the Okoro, and Brooks, and Davis, Campbell..........

Reactions: echs86
I mean seriously how does Purdue not have 1 NCAA title in basketball? A big ten school in the basketball rich state of Indiana. Quite frankly its pathetic.
The real question is, how can IU not have any titles since RMK left with all of the talent they've had? Kentucky, Illinois, Michigan, MSU, and OSU (surrounding states) have been to a FF or won titles since IU has with all of their talent.

I was alive for the last 3 and the 2 ither final four appearances. Where you alive for your 1 final four?
Yep. And long enough to watch Purdue win more head-to-head and B1G titles against IU's superior talent. And I actually attended the school I cheer for, with out reversing my jacket between football and basketball season.

Well i hate ND and have degrees from both university's. And i am sure you would rather be down in the head to head and have been to 5 final 4 and won 3 of them. Unless you put that much weight in head to head and conference titles

Reactions: DannyGranger
Purdue is not mediocre they are a solid top 25 program who hasnt been able to get over the hump. Painter is in his prime and has a good 10 years left in said prime what he does now will determine how he is viewed by history. Will he go down in the history books like Keady or become the coach who gets them over the proverbial hump? Time will tell

Not unlike your program's situation really. Once a nationally respected winning program...…….then comes along that hump that you mentioned. It has been awhile whether IU fans want to admit it or not. The banners still hang, but the luster most definitely is gone. After a few coaching changes, and a movement or two, will Archie take you to the promised land or not? Assuming he's running a clean program, which I hope he is.

Never had a coach who could recruit Indiana kids. They do now.

Well i hate ND and have degrees from both university's. And i am sure you would rather be down in the head to head and have been to 5 final 4 and won 3 of them. Unless you put that much weight in head to head and conference titles
No, I would rather be on another school's board seeking affirmation. This happens every time something positive happens to your program. You guys rush over here looking for big brother to give you an "atta boy!" As if you personally accomplished something (like winning 5 banners). LOL!

The real question is, how can IU not have any titles since RMK left with all of the talent they've had? Kentucky, Illinois, Michigan, MSU, and OSU (surrounding states) have been to a FF or won titles since IU has with all of their talent.
They haven’t really had that much other than a few years. Archie seems to be doing good in the recruiting dept though. You couldn’t even keep Phinisee. That has to be a bad sign to you all.

And yet, you created an account just to get on the Purdue board, seeking our affirmation. Sad.

Just picking on our little red headed step brother. Quit your crying! Very sad! The saddest! All kidding aside it would be nice to see IU and PU both of a prolong length of success together. It can only help in keeping Indiana talent in Indiana

Reactions: echs86
That’s part of it. But that doesn’t explain all the four star defensive players that Brohm is getting, like Karlaftis, Grant, and Stephen Faucheaux. There just seems to be a buzz, and enthusiasm and energy in the football operation that we may not have in the basketball building right now.
Don’t you enjoy listening to CJB? I always listen to his call in show fr the Stacked Pickle. I loved listening to the Deener interview. I love listening to his interview right after a victory. I loved seeing all his pre game speeches. I love catching his daily pressers. I love listening to his interviews from the locker room. Do you see a pattern here?

And the Nnaji recruitment, and the Okoro, and Brooks, and Davis, Campbell..........
giphy.gif

I mean seriously with the head to head record. I would much rather have the championships. Keep kidding yourself
Talk to us when you can beat us. I mean seriously, you claim to be this ultimate "banner" school in basketball...…..but you can't even beat an in state rival. And that record will always stand.

They haven’t really had that much other than a few years. Archie seems to be doing good in the recruiting dept though. You couldn’t even keep Phinisee. That has to be a bad sign to you all.
You guys all came over here saying the same about Samscum. And then Crean. Sorry if we aren't lifting your spirits with the affirmation from us that you crave.

Reactions: PU pit bull
You guys all came over here saying the same about Samscum. And then Crean. Sorry if we aren't lifting your spirits with the affirmation from us that you crave.

…….and, I'm still hearing that Billy Donovan is on campus. He was seen eating with Brad Stevens:)

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Well i hate ND and have degrees from both university's.
Sure you do.

BS in land surveying used to be one of the top programs in the country but sadly the degree is no longer offered it is now geomatics but most just go for the civil now. And an associates in business from iu. If you look at my post i am prettt complimentary of your program. You have a hell of a football coach and i am not going to lie in a few years one of the big boys are going to come calling and he cant say no to. Kibd of like when we lost our baseball coach to ASU a few years ago.

Winning the tourney is hard and they’ve had bad coaches for a while but Archie is good, it’ll just take a little time. I think IU wins the big 10 and gets to at least the sweet 16 this year. This is the last year that Purdue has a chance to do anything. You can’t recruit with Archie and he’s a good coach. Archie dominates the conference along with OSU and MSU starting next year...maybe this year...time will tell

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT