ADVERTISEMENT

They Say "Money Talks" So Let's Talk

FDA published its approval of Twirla late Friday evening. I saw an article indicating after hours AGRX went up 8% maxing at 4.40
Tuesday may be interesting.
EDIT-
I must say that I wasn't very excited in reading an article that included the following which seemingly suggests Twirla won't be available for purchase for approaching a year:
Agile isn’t ready to launch its Twirla yet. The company says it will spend the first quarter of this year working with managed care systems and insurers to gain coverage of its product. In the second quarter, Agile will put a sales team in place and validate its manufacturing process. The company expects to begin shipping the product to wholesalers in the fourth quarter of 2020.​

Just got back from my fishing trip in the Bahamas and trying to get my mind out of the islands.
On AGRX, I think we still got in at the right time. The hard part is over for them, now it's just commercialization, maybe a buyout or licensing with a big pharma? Either way, the news should be viewed as positive considering the result had it not received approval.

Just got back from my fishing trip in the Bahamas and trying to get my mind out of the islands.
On AGRX, I think we still got in at the right time. The hard part is over for them, now it's just commercialization, maybe a buyout or licensing with a big pharma? Either way, the news should be viewed as positive considering the result had it not received approval.
Clearly positive. I was somewhat baffled at their thinking as to the method that management segmented their future actions. I suppose that I was presuming they might be able to walk and chew gum simultaneously - waiting to begin to develop a sales force and validate manufacturing process rather than doing so while pursuing managed care and insurer supports. At least, I am not seeing any alternatives making rapid headway toward seizing the market.

Clearly positive. I was somewhat baffled at their thinking as to the method that management segmented their future actions. I suppose that I was presuming they might be able to walk and chew gum simultaneously - waiting to begin to develop a sales force and validate manufacturing process rather than doing so while pursuing managed care and insurer supports. At least, I am not seeing any alternatives making rapid headway toward seizing the market.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on CUE.
It's had a dip recently but that seems to be a pattern with this stock.
I first started watching it on 12/13/19 when it was 13.31, it moved north of $20 and not back down to $17.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on CUE.
It's had a dip recently but that seems to be a pattern with this stock.
I first started watching it on 12/13/19 when it was 13.31, it moved north of $20 and not back down to $17.
That was one I recall coming across a while ago but never really got around to looking at. The technicals look pretty good for some upward movement in the near term. I could see it surpassing the recent historic high.

Norton attempted a comeback with a thoroughly modern and exciting bike, but just went into what we would call receiver ship this
norton-motorcycles-administration-9.jpg
month. Hoping the same Russian who now owns MV Agusta may buy it.
Uh-ohhhh...
https://www.rideapart.com/articles/399128/norton-motorcycles-factory-closed-sealed/

That was one I recall coming across a while ago but never really got around to looking at. The technicals look pretty good for some upward movement in the near term. I could see it surpassing the recent historic high.

Went in on CUE this morning at $18.14.

AGRX has had some daily 20% swings. Lot of stocks getting beat up today.
One of the crazier things I've done (take stock advice from two anonymous guys on a message board) but what the hell. Bought into AGRX and CUE today. Also put in an order for LUNA but buy price expired at close. Oh if the wife only knew.... Ha ha!

Reactions: 70boiler
One of the crazier things I've done (take stock advice from two anonymous guys on a message board) but what the hell. Bought into AGRX and CUE today. Also put in an order for LUNA but buy price expired at close. Oh if the wife only knew.... Ha ha!
Hopefully, she will be smiling when she finally finds out.. lmao

Reactions: hunkgolden

As they say, "high risk/high reward". I've been completely honest in what I've bought, sold, when and for how much. So, I'm either going to be laughing or crying right along with you. But, it does require both patience and nerves to ride the swings. If you don't like that aspect of these types of stocks, put in a stop loss order so if a stock does tank, you're only losing whatever % or $ you put in the stop loss order at.

Kicking myself for sitting on my hands a couple weeks ago on GNPX... oh well, there will be more opportunities in life.
Edit... 5 minutes after posting I see that while premarket price has risen to about $5.50 an SEC filing indicates they are having a $3m new stock offering.

Last edited:
Kicking myself for sitting on my hands a couple weeks ago on GNPX... oh well, there will be more opportunities in life.
Edit... 5 minutes after posting I see that while premarket price has risen to about $5.50 an SEC filing indicates they are having a $3m new stock offering.
Instead of sitting on your hands, you should be patting yourself on the back! GNPX getting killed, down 20% today. But, then again, had you gotten in Nov-Dec 2019, you would have rode a rocketship.
Agree that other opportunities will show themselves.
BLDP was a great call that proved profitable but I got out way too early.

Instead of sitting on your hands, you should be patting yourself on the back! GNPX getting killed, down 20% today. But, then again, had you gotten in Nov-Dec 2019, you would have rode a rocketship.
Agree that other opportunities will show themselves.
BLDP was a great call that proved profitable but I got out way too early.
GNPX priced new shares at $3.50 so it will depress for a while certainly. I do suspect a recovery upon things balancing out.

...BLDP was a great call that proved profitable but I got out way too early.
BLDP had a 52 week high today at $14.14. Naturally, I wish that I had bought more than I did, but that's the investor's slogan, I suppose. Lol.
Looks like CUE is being kind to you today.

BLDP had a 52 week high today at $14.14. Naturally, I wish that I had bought more than I did, but that's the investor's slogan, I suppose. Lol.
Looks like CUE is being kind to you today.

You still holding BLDP? Good job. I definitely left some $ on the table on that one.
Yes, CUE doing well today, as is FATE, but taking it on the chin with both AGRX and VERU.

You still holding BLDP? Good job. I definitely left some $ on the table on that one.
Yes, CUE doing well today, as is FATE, but taking it on the chin with both AGRX and VERU.
Yes, I stayed long on both my small chunk of BLDP as well my more robust piece of its companion alternative energy related FCEL.
I think AGRX is suffering, at least partially, over what we talked about earlier of their rather laissez-faire view of getting Twirla to market and actually turn a profit. I still think of it as another long that will ultimately be well worth the wait. I certainly hope it doesn't fall into the pump and dump/bear shorting that has driven me crazy with FCEL.
I, just as you, think your CUE holding will reward you

As they say, "high risk/high reward". I've been completely honest in what I've bought, sold, when and for how much. So, I'm either going to be laughing or crying right along with you. But, it does require both patience and nerves to ride the swings. If you don't like that aspect of these types of stocks, put in a stop loss order so if a stock does tank, you're only losing whatever % or $ you put in the stop loss order at.
Hunk - here's an article with which you can maybe calm down your wife if she becomes aware of AGRX being a bit scary at the moment -
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4324799?source=ansh $AGRX, $MDCO

Reactions: bonefish1
Reactions: bonefish1
Solid info 70. Pretty similar to what I had mentioned before as AGRX could be a buy out candidate for a bigger company in women's health. Definitely some volatility right now, considering upping my stake.
I did a few days ago, although it may have been a bit premature...lol

Thanks 70! Even with AGRX tanking yesterday I still came out ahead on the day with my positions in CUE (14% wow!) and LUNA. BLDP's chart is crazy. Didn't pull the trigger on that one - may wait for a dip...if there is one. Ha ha!

Solid info 70. Pretty similar to what I had mentioned before as AGRX could be a buy out candidate for a bigger company in women's health. Definitely some volatility right now, considering upping my stake.

I did a few days ago, although it may have been a bit premature...lol
Uh-oh... AGRX missed EPS by .02 and has indicated there is going to be a new public offering. Ouch!!
Edit - In early afterhours trading its down 14%.

Last edited:
Uh-oh... AGRX missed EPS by .02 and has indicated there is going to be a new public offering. Ouch!!
Edit - In early afterhours trading its down 14%.
Yeh, if someone hasn't jumped ship at this point, gonna have have to take these lumps and stay in for some time now. No reason for it not to come back, just have to have some patience. I'll pick up more if it goes into the 2s.

Yeh, if someone hasn't jumped ship at this point, gonna have have to take these lumps and stay in for some time now. No reason for it not to come back, just have to have some patience. I'll pick up more if it goes into the 2s.
Btw, may want to check BNGO for possible quick hit or if the following is as I read it for a bit of long
Bionano Genomics Data Drives Scientific Discoveries in Solid Tumors and Leukemias, To Be Presented at the 2020 AGBT Conference
EDIT-
Link

Particularly 1 protocol capable of replacing 3

Thanks 70! Even with AGRX tanking yesterday I still came out ahead on the day with my positions in CUE (14% wow!) and LUNA. BLDP's chart is crazy. Didn't pull the trigger on that one - may wait for a dip...if there is one. Ha ha!
Some positive info here
Agile Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:AGRX) to Post Q2 2020 Earnings of ($0.06) Per Share, William Blair Forecasts - American Banking News

It’s going to be a rough start for the market this week. Futures down 2.5 to 3.0 percent or more. Coronavirus fear takes over. Foreign markets down 3-4 percent.

Earnings this week - A few notables. Home Depot, Lowe’s. Three Canadian banks, Bank of Montreal, Bank of Nova Scotia and Toronto-Dominion. All three are nice dividend stocks. Added all three to my watchlist. Would try to get a small position on 5-10% dip, add more on price dips. There are a lot of mid-caps reporting. A couple stocks I own reporting are Oneok and Cracker Barrel. CBRL has paid a very nice special dividend on top of the July dividend the last 4-5 years.

Economic news - As stated earlier, Coronavirus fears putting a huge stress on global economies. The 10/2 yield spread is tightening again. I could see a Fed rate cut in April. A 1/4 percent would be good. Copper and oil has had a couple down months.

It’s going to be a rough start for the market this week. Futures down 2.5 to 3.0 percent or more. Coronavirus fear takes over. Foreign markets down 3-4 percent.

Earnings this week - A few notables. Home Depot, Lowe’s. Three Canadian banks, Bank of Montreal, Bank of Nova Scotia and Toronto-Dominion. All three are nice dividend stocks. Added all three to my watchlist. Would try to get a small position on 5-10% dip, add more on price dips. There are a lot of mid-caps reporting. A couple stocks I own reporting are Oneok and Cracker Barrel. CBRL has paid a very nice special dividend on top of the July dividend the last 4-5 years.

Economic news - As stated earlier, Coronavirus fears putting a huge stress on global economies. The 10/2 yield spread is tightening again. I could see a Fed rate cut in April. A 1/4 percent would be good. Copper and oil has had a couple down months.
The virus has a lot of folks scared. Read yesterday where some health org says this could be the big one.

The virus has a lot of folks scared. Read yesterday where some health org says this could be the big one.
Maybe Tuesday will be a calmer day. Not to downplay the coronavirus issue, but to me it appears to be blown out of proportion. Influenza for 2019-2020 has killed thousands in the US.

Read today that WHO said coronavirus was not pandemic.

Maybe Tuesday will be a calmer day. Not to downplay the coronavirus issue, but to me it appears to be blown out of proportion. Influenza for 2019-2020 has killed thousands in the US.

Read today that WHO said coronavirus was not pandemic.
I hope so, but thinking this is way worse than being reported.

Reactions: TwinDegrees2

I’m treating this coronavirus scare like i do during hurricane season in S.C. Some people run around screaming the end is near, board up and evacuate. I just stay calm, make rational decisions and not get hysterical.
My sense is the CV is good for media news but not the global crisis it’s being portrayed.

I’m treating this coronavirus scare like i do during hurricane season in S.C. Some people run around screaming the end is near, board up and evacuate. I just stay calm, make rational decisions and not get hysterical.
My sense is the CV is good for media news but not the global crisis it’s being portrayed.
It certainly has me rethinking my fall travel plans to Italy.

I agree with you as there are some things about this virus that are serious and difficult to understand.

1. It appears that virus can be spread for a longer period (24 to 27 days rather than 14) .
2. It appears that virus can be spread in more ways than initially thought
3. Cases are appearing with no known exposures.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I agree with you as there are some things about this virus that are serious and difficult to understand.

1. It appears that virus can be spread for a longer period (24 to 27 days rather than 14) .
2. It appears that virus can be spread in more ways than initially thought
3. Cases are appearing with no known exposures.

People should be much more worried about the flu than the coronoavirus.

OK, let's be honest: Who's sold in the last 3 days?
I've held onto everything. While most of my biotech stocks are withstanding this ugly market fairly well, none have got terribly hammered.
Now, my Fidelity account, where I hold my mutual funds and ETFs, that's another story. Havent sold anything but those fund are definitely getting pummeled. Going to ride it out.

I agree. See similar hysteria for snowstorms. Stay calm about investment portfolio. Or as Vanguard says, “Stay the Course”. Markets should normalize in a couple days.

If I had beers in the fridge, would be having one now.

I agree. See similar hysteria for snowstorms. Stay calm about investment portfolio. Or as Vanguard says, “Stay the Course”. Markets should normalize in a couple days.

If I had beers in the fridge, would be having one now.

Why do you have no beers in the fridge? Got anything in the liqour cabinet?

OK, let's be honest: Who's sold in the last 3 days?
I've held onto everything. While most of my biotech stocks are withstanding this ugly market fairly well, none have got terribly hammered.
Now, my Fidelity account, where I hold my mutual funds and ETFs, that's another story. Havent sold anything but those fund are definitely getting pummeled. Going to ride it out.
No moves from me. My overall portfolio went down 1.75% Monday. Prob see a similar number today, maybe down 1.60%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT