ADVERTISEMENT

"They just shouldn't cover basketball" - Painter's response to the "He's just tall" crowd.

Painter has been throwing that stuff into interviews all year. He’s always been a polite and respectful interviewee but this year is a little different. More of an edge. He’s not holding in the fact that he doesn’t suffer fools.

That's exactly what I thought! In the same vein of Knight's "If you think that you're illustrating your relative lack of knowledge" remark.

Haha.....that Knight interview did not end well for the reporter, IIRC.....and included some expletives, unsurprisingly.

Painter is candid and relatively unfiltered.....no nonsense.....to a fault.....sometimes to his detriment from a perception perspective.

Man dropping the "local walmart" is just amazing.
Meijer being a corporate sponsor,
the uninformed fans get referenced to Walmart lol

Screenshot-20240324-191128.png

Last edited:
That's not a bad thing. Is it?
No! Bobby went over the edge at times...something Matt won't do, but stating the obvious after it went on for a long time is fine with me. Matt is sticking up for Zach and circling the wagons with the team. No distractions...full confidence for the team. If they want to disagree with Matt and take the media focus off the team...that too is okay. It is the Boilermakers against the world...and they are fine with it! The takes here and ON3 when I go over there are generally pretty good, but Facebook can provide some interesting takes...although they do get some video and stuff to see that is good at times.

It doesn't matter what it is in any part of life when there are no prerequisites to express an opinion there are bound to be a few that make you shake your head. Sadly, as Purdue gets more popular it will see more of the lower tail of the curve I fear. This is not to be confused with a wrong take, but a monumental post outside of reason and solely based on emotion.

No! Bobby went over the edge at times...something Matt won't do, but stating the obvious after it went on for a long time is fine with me. Matt is sticking up for Zach and circling the wagons with the team. No distractions...full confidence for the team. If they want to disagree with Matt and take the media focus off the team...that too is okay. It is the Boilermakers against the world...and they are fine with it! The takes here and ON3 when I go over there are generally pretty good, but Facebook can provide some interesting takes...although they do get some video and stuff to see that is good at times.

It doesn't matter what it is in any part of life when there are no prerequisites to express an opinion there are bound to be a few that make you shake your head. Sadly, as Purdue gets more popular it will see more of the lower tail of the curve I fear. This is not to be confused with a wrong take, but a monumental post outside of reason and solely based on emotion.
As far as I know, Painter isn't dropping f-bombs in interviews. The worst I've heard from Painter this year has been "No shit" when somebody asks him how he responds to people who say Purdue wouldn't be as good without Zach Edey.

As far as I know, Painter isn't dropping f-bombs in interviews. The worst I've heard from Painter this year has been "No shit" when somebody asks him how he responds to people who say Purdue wouldn't be as good without Zach Edey.
He dropped another shi...wait, that sounds wrong.

He said "shit" again in today's post game.

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk and tjreese
THAT WAS funny. Forgot about the no shit comment. Painter is so ninja like when dropping bad words.

That word doesn't bother me personally, but I understand others might feel differently.
Yeah, I couldn't give a shit. But my initial reaction every time he says it on live is the same noise that Peter Griffin makes when he scrapes his knee.

• Haha
Reactions: rgarlitz
Painter has been throwing that stuff into interviews all year. He’s always been a polite and respectful interviewee but this year is a little different. More of an edge. He’s not holding in the fact that he doesn’t suffer fools.
shat, should have read all the posts first. ;)
We think WE get annoyed responding to some of the inane opinions here, can you imagine what he goes through?

Yeah, I agree. Corporate media "journalists" (cnn, fox, etc) that cheerlead for their team.
I used to work on Madison Avenue, and I was fortunate to work for two of the best editors of advertising business magazines. I think they would lose lunch listening to NBC, CBS, or ABC's hosts report the news. They report news in a way that they know is a false interpretation of the fact. They do this to build ratings. However, even more egregious is that they give their opinion when reporting news. Whenever they say so and so falsely climed, the listener is automatically influenced not to be open to the other side. This is propaganda and if a first year journalism student wrote or said that, they would get an automatic F.

I rarely watch CNN, Fox, MSNBC, or any Cable TV Network News because these channels have opinion news.

In my day, magazines had a extremely strict code of not mingling editorial with advertising. Today, I think Network TV (ABC, NBC, and CBS) should not be owned by Globalist Corporations. Where is Teddy Roosevelt when you need him? What people don't realize is the story, Invasion of the Baby Snatchers, warned us about the potential propaganda machine of the media. Even intelligent people are manipulated.

These, 'he's just tall" morons do exist.....

Some idiot on WIBC (Rob Kendall) of Kendall & Casey, was making the case Edey's "just tall" and refs are in the tank to get him all these bogus fake foul calls..... according to him. Said Edey is not a pro and won't get drafted. Did admit he was a great college player. Also said we will see if Purdue can beat Gonzaga.
I just laughed as we already did once, he obviously didn't know that. The co-host played CMPs sound bite and laughed at him as she follows basketball more than he does.

All fun or not.??.....they lost a listener today.

Another gem take. Zac Edu. Last year take before the big dance. I think this guy should get a bonus 3 months away from social media even though this is 1+ years ago. And he needs to pass a basketball competentcy test.

• Haha
Reactions: rgarlitz
Another gem take. Zac Edu. Last year take before the big dance. I think this guy should get a bonus 3 months away from social media even though this is 1+ years ago. And he needs to pass a basketball competentcy test.

Big point in the "he is only tall" response. Being so tall, he was ranked #440 as a center coming out of HS.

Reactions: Flot
I'm a IU guy. I think the world of Matt Painter. He has the right approach when it comes to roster building. I like how he tells the media. You don't know jack! Edy has been a great player for Purdue. Why would anyone be critical of his skill level? Good luck the rest of the way. Bring a title home to the Big!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT