ADVERTISEMENT

The Silence of the Libs

Do you believe we should leave Afghanistan? (Not as we currently are - the answer to that is painfully obvious - just "should we leave?")

I'm curious who you think made the decision to abandon Bagram/Khandahar if not the military leadership?
Yes.
If they advised such an idiotic plan they should be courtmartialed.
Who appointed the current military advisors?

Yes.
If they advised such an idiotic plan they should be courtmartialed.
Who appointed the current military advisors?
The current commanders, you mean? Those guys are on rotation, they are not appointed politically.

I would guarantee the military command made the call to abandon those bases. They were already stretched thin defending them, and when tasked to defend the airport, they were basically left with no choice but to concentrate force. Now, we could try to argue about flying in and out of those bases instead of Kabul, but I don’t even know if those bases can support C-5s, etc.

Thanks for answering about getting out. I’ve yet to meet a vet or parent who thinks we should’ve stayed… just a bunch of political hacks arguing because Biden sucks.

the jcs?

assignment dates
Milley, chairman --------------- oct 2019
Hyten, vice chairman -------- nov 2019
McConville, army -------------- aug 2019
Gilday, navy --------------------- aug 2019
Brown, air force ---------------- aug 2020
Berger, marines ----------------- jul 2019
Hokanson, national guard ---- aug 2020
Raymond, space force --------- dec 2019
The Joint Chiefs are on rotational orders and are not strictly political appointees like the Secretaries are.

Granted Biden's incompetence finished the job. When will Trump apologize to the American military and people for his botched negotiations and practices? They paved the way for this debacle
Nice deflection. Biden reversed or changed everything Trump did, so this mess is on his hands. Trump hasn't been President for over 7 months, so you can't blame him for Biden's incompetence.

biden had few voters.
trump had a landslide victory.
It's pretty obvious all the Biden voters were MORONS, since Biden had almost 5 decades of incompetence on his record that you ignored. Then you convinced yourselves that despite being incompetent as a Senator & VP, if we make him President, maybe he'll be competent there. Nope. wrong again.

Admit it, it was pure TDS that led you to this calamity.

Sadly, all the Trump voters have been proven right voting against Biden. Unfortunately, our country is swirling down the drain.

What in God’s name are you talking about? This travesty? Only delusional righties out of touch with reality (which these days does seem like a large chunk of the GQP) don’t think we’re better off as a country with Biden in office.
Biden is murdering US troops along with hundreds of thousands of civilians even though Trump gave him three vaccines.
Do you believe we should leave Afghanistan? (Not as we currently are - the answer to that is painfully obvious - just "should we leave?")

I'm curious who you think made the decision to abandon Bagram/Khandahar if not the military leadership?
Of course we should. It's a shit hole. You could have got everyone else out and let it collapse. Instead, Biden, or his handlers since he's obviously weekend at Bernie's, chose to sacrifice Americans and our Afghani allies.

Reactions: Crayfish57
It's pretty obvious all the Biden voters were MORONS, since Biden had almost 5 decades of incompetence on his record. Then you convinced yourselves that despite being incompetent as a Senator & VP, if we make him President, maybe he'll be competent there. Nope. wrong again.

Admit it, it was pure TDS that led you to this calamity.

Sadly, all the Trump voters have been proven right voting against Biden. Unfortunately, our country is swirling down the drain.
Don't forget that Biden raped an intern. Democrat voters hate women too.

When a new president takes office he inherits what the last guy left him. Trump left Biden with an agreement that did not include the Afghan gov't and the Taliban did not follow. Trump undercut his negotiators. He also left too few troops in the country to make a difference. The art of the deal? The performance of an idiot. That all said, Biden totally F'd the withdrawal. Neither Trump nor Biden should be POTUS.
The amazing powers of rationalization. Biden wasn't bound to that agreement any more than he felt tied to the agreement with Canada, when he cancelled the XL Pipeline. Biden couldn't carry out the agreement with the Taliban, because they realize that Biden is all talk and no action. Perhaps if CornPop were running the Taliban he's have a shot.

Trump could have carried out the plan, because the Taliban was afraid of Trump. He had cut the head off the snake in a couple terrorist groups and their leaders knew they were vulnerable.

If he left too few troops, why were there NO US death for the last 18 months? Fear of reprisal, perhaps? Trump realized that terrorist leaders like to live. They send their minions out to die, but they rather enjoy living. Biden hasn't figured out that he has the leverage, if he grows a set and uses it.

Despite the Dem's/MSM's best efforts to undermine Trump from the day he got the nomination, he did a lot of good things. Biden is systematically destroying the country. At some point, you may open your eyes and see what's going on and who's responsible for it. You can't blame Trump any longer. Trump was annoying, but he was competent.

What in God’s name are you talking about? This travesty? Only delusional righties out of touch with reality (which these days does seem like a large chunk of the GQP) don’t think we’re better off as a country with Biden in office.
When Trump was in office, Mexico patrolled the Southern Border and intercepted most of the people that wanted to enter the country illegally. Biden cancelled that agreement with Mexico and we have had over a Million illegals enter the country with 210K coming in July. They have had approximately a 10% Covid positive rate, which means Biden has not only allowed over 100K Covid carriers into the US, but he has bussed & flown them all over the country. Biden's Super Spreader Event. Don't forget to wear your mask.

It's anticipated that we will add 2 Million illegals from Third world countries this year. A safe estimate is that 100K will be criminals with Cartel or MS-13 affiliations and even some potential terrorists. Best case scenario is we start turning our country into a wealthier version of a Third World country, since we can't assimilate that many people from such disparate cultures comfortably. It's not an ethnic issue, it's an education, culture & poverty situation. Another huge drain on tax dollars, which you get to pay more of.

Since Biden's been in office, he extended the unemployment benefits into September, so there has been a labor shortage, which has hurt a lot of businesses. The businesses have to pay more for labor, which increases the cost of their products and services. YOU get to pay that increase. Inflation is rising at the highest rate since the Carter administration & Biden is oblivious.

Biden's not directly responsible for it, but he's done nothing to fix the problem. There is a pandemic of lawlessness in the country. Dem City Councils around the country are defunding the Police. Dem prosecutors around the country are letting criminals go without prosecuting them. In major Democrat controlled cities all over the country, crime is running rampant.

The World didn't necessarily like Trump, but our Allies trusted him to cover their backs. NATO Allies finally started paying their agreed upon share for Defense at Trumps behest, because he said the US wasn't going to pick up the full tab. I wonder how long it takes for them to stiff Biden & the US?

Trump got out of the Iranian Nuclear deal and put severe sanctions on Iran. Biden eased the sanctions and asked Iran to let him back into the deal. They wouldn't even meet with him.

I could go on for quite a while, but I'll close with the Afghanistan fiasco. Biden sneaked the troops out of Bagram Airfield in the middle of the night. Then he tried to remove the troops from Kabul. The guy that was supposed to bring the world together, because they would all like & respect him more than Trump, has DESTROYED our relationship with some of our best allies, because he didn't bother to tell any of our allies that we were pulling out. He didn't even talk to Boris Johnson until the day after he started the pullout. Biden was the first US President to get denounced by a PM in the British Parliament in history. Joe is #1...

I've not heard whether he bothered to talk with any of the other NATO leaders. I don't believe that any of our NATO partners ever disliked or disrespected Trump more than they do Biden now. Joe is leaving his mark, but it looks a lot like a skid mark.

Biden has monumentally poor judgment. Robert Gates (Obama's SecDef) once said of Biden that he has been on the wrong side of virtually every foreign policy decision in the last 40 years.
Afghanistan has kept him batting 1.000.

You really need to stop watching CNN. They are the people that told you for over 3 years about Russian Collusion, which was a lie based on more lies.

History will be the true judge of Trump. It won’t be kind.
If Biden resigned tomorrow, he may have done enough damage to this country in 7 months to qualify as the worst President in history. What can you say, he has honed incompetence to a razor sharp edge.

If giving up Bagram in the middle of the night was a Centcom decision, McKensie should tender his resignation. You don't give up a valuable asset like Bagram, which provides a valuable option, until you're taking out the last of the troops. Bagram has two landing strips and is more easily defended, than Kabul.

Now they're bottlenecked in Kabul and dependent on the Taliban to get our Civilians. What a Fuster Cluck.

It's amazing that they couldn't come up with a reasonable extraction plan, during the 20 years we were there. It's like nobody said, "Hmmm, we might be leaving here one day. Perhaps we should come up with an effective plan to do it safely & efficiently."

Since Trump had been talking about getting out for a while, since 2017, the buck stops at Centcom's desk. I wasn't impressed, when I saw him talking about giving the Taliban a list of names of American civilians and Afghani Green card holders, who need to get to the airfield. He seemed confident that the Taliban would deliver those people to the airfield unscathed. The same Taliban, who allowed the suicide bomber into the airport. smh

Again, remember that Trump was "trusting" the Taliban as well. I'm fine with stone throwing; it's deserved. But you guys at least need to recognize that Trump's plan wasn't that much different. The execution may well have been better; we'll never know, and anyone saying that is just guessing.
The one advantage Trump had was he knocked off two top level terrorist leaders, so he had the element of fear working for him. The terrorist leaders want to live, so I feel a lot more comfortable that they would honor an agreement with Trump, than they would with Biden.

Biden likes to posture and talk tough, but he doesn't scare anyone. It will be interesting to see what retaliation Biden takes for the murder of our troops and how long it will take him to get around to it? He's already given them a good tongue lashing, so they've got to be worried.

The current commanders, you mean? Those guys are on rotation, they are not appointed politically.

I would guarantee the military command made the call to abandon those bases. They were already stretched thin defending them, and when tasked to defend the airport, they were basically left with no choice but to concentrate force. Now, we could try to argue about flying in and out of those bases instead of Kabul, but I don’t even know if those bases can support C-5s, etc.

Thanks for answering about getting out. I’ve yet to meet a vet or parent who thinks we should’ve stayed… just a bunch of political hacks arguing because Biden sucks.
Bagram can handle C-5s.

Again, remember that Trump was "trusting" the Taliban as well. I'm fine with stone throwing; it's deserved. But you guys at least need to recognize that Trump's plan wasn't that much different. The execution may well have been better; we'll never know, and anyone saying that is just guessing.
IMO Trump was dead wrong to negotiate without the Afghan Gov. That said, the whole concept of getting out of our ”longest war” is foolish. Keeping our military presence in Afghanistan was strategic in that part of the world and with a few troops, air support, and could have easily kept the Taliban in their Fox holes while the Afghan people and fledging government continued to make progress.

Trump had a good plan in place according to the generals that told Bidet to follow it. He chose not to simple because orange man bad. This is all on Bidet and has nothing to do with Trump no matter how much your TDS tells you otherwise.
Your typo or Freudian Slip had me laughing and then again...perhaps it wasn't a slip? ;) A Bidet is to wash your A$$ and such after removing that toxic waste. ;)

Where is builder bob or Indy 35? They are sooooooo much smarter than the rest of us and have dominated this board lecturing the rest of us about everything. Why don't you geniuses weigh in and fix what's happening right now. Let's trust the Taliban; we don't need police; the new NY governor admitted they hid 12,000 nursing home deaths. I could go on and on.
Right here, what do you want to ask?

• Haha
IMO Trump was dead wrong to negotiate without the Afghan Gov. That said, the whole concept of getting out of our ”longest war” is foolish. Keeping our military presence in Afghanistan was strategic in that part of the world and with a few troops, air support, and could have easily kept the Taliban in their Fox holes while the Afghan people and fledging government continued to make progress.
Says the guy with no skin in the game.

You don't need to have 'skin in the game' when the dumbassary is this blatantly obvious.
Pulling out of Afghanistan is anything but dumb. It should’ve been done 15 years ago. I’m not even talking about how it’s been executed. Just continuing to point out to Bruce that he’s about the only person who thinks we should’ve stayed there ad Infinitum because no one he cares about has anything to do with it. Those soldiers that died there the last 20 years are just volunteers who got what they signed up for to him. He doesn’t care about wasting $45billion per year or the soldiers who die there so long as America is “winning!!!”

Pulling out of Afghanistan is anything but dumb. It should’ve been done 15 years ago. I’m not even talking about how it’s been executed. Just continuing to point out to Bruce that he’s about the only person who thinks we should’ve stayed there ad Infinitum because no one he cares about has anything to do with it. Those soldiers that died there the last 20 years are just volunteers who got what they signed up for to him. He doesn’t care about wasting $45billion per year or the soldiers who die there so long as America is “winning!!!”
There's a long long list of military people that wanted to keep a military presence in Afghanistan. If the military leaders were in charge (those with skin in the game as you say) we wouldn't have withdrawn. The reason we withdrew is mainly people "without skin in the game" (2 presidents and majority of American people wanted to withdraw).

BTW do we apply the same "skin in the game" to other issues. Can only police officers talk about policing debates? Can only teachers talk about education issues? Was Mitch Daniels unqualified to lead Purdue University because he didn't have "skin in the Education area"?

There's a long long list of military people that wanted to keep a military presence in Afghanistan. If the military leaders were in charge (those with skin in the game as you say) we wouldn't have withdrawn. The reason we withdrew is mainly people "without skin in the game" (2 presidents and majority of American people wanted to withdraw).

BTW do we apply the same "skin in the game" to other issues. Can only police officers talk about policing debates? Can only teachers talk about education issues? Was Mitch Daniels unqualified to lead Purdue University because he didn't have "skin in the Education area"?
Generally speaking, when I don't have any idea about something and the reasoning behind it, I keep my ****ing mouth shut. You could learn a lot from that. You don't have to express an opinion about every damn thing, you know.

Military leaders are charged with a mission, and they are not publicly going to say that they think their mission is bullshit. You probably wouldn't understand that, either. If you want the honest answer, go read what someone like David Patreaus thinks.

Not the point. How it was done was very dumb.
That may not have been YOUR point, but it was definitely the point I was making in response to Bruce who was making his point (again) that we shouldn't have pulled out in the first place. Bruce is wrong, but Bruce doesn't care about the faceless soldiers who are other people's kids and taxpayer money we sacrificed over 20 years to achieve... jack shit.

That may not have been YOUR point, but it was definitely the point I was making in response to Bruce who was making that same point.
I am keeping up just fine. But I'll try and slow down from now on for you since you take extra time to understand things.

I am keeping up just fine. But I'll try and slow down from now on for you since you take extra time to understand things.
That may not have been YOUR point, but it was definitely the point I was making in response to Bruce who was making his point (again) that we shouldn't have pulled out in the first place. Bruce is wrong, but Bruce doesn't care about the faceless soldiers who are other people's kids and taxpayer money we sacrificed over 20 years to achieve... jack shit.

So no, you are not keeping up. You're having a discussion with me that I'm not having with anyone. So keep up or butt the **** out.

Generally speaking, when I don't have any idea about something and the reasoning behind it, I keep my ****ing mouth shut. You could learn a lot from that. You don't have to express an opinion about every damn thing, you know.
Hello pot, meet kettle. Might want to practice what you preach.

So no, you are not keeping up. You're having a discussion with me that I'm not having with anyone. So keep up or butt the **** out.
And right over your head again. I made a counter point to your 'skin in the game' comment that you simply didn't get. It's alright my expectations of you are already low so I am not surprised.

And right over your head again. I made a counter point to your 'skin in the game' comment that you simply didn't get. It's alright my expectations of you are already low so I am not surprised.
What counterpoint was that? That you think I don't/didn't have skin in the game?

What counterpoint was that? That you think I don't/didn't have skin in the game?
Go back and read it again, more slowly this time. You don't need to have 'skin in the game' to know that dumbassery is afoot. And based on how this is going to impact our country in the long run, every American has 'skin in the game' in one degree or another.

Reactions: Bruce1
Go back and read it again, more slowly this time. You don't need to have 'skin in the game' to know that dumbassery is afoot. And based on how this is going to impact our country in the long run, every American has 'skin in the game' in one degree or another.
No, they don't. Sorry, pal. Just because $2.50 of your taxes went to the fight doesn't mean you can compare with parents who lost or worried about sons and daughters over there, or that you can compare how much you care to people who actually spent time in that shithole.

You and Bruce can go ahead and have your opinion, but your opinion doesn't mean shit because you don't know the first goddamn thing about what went on in those places. To you, it's just someone else's son or daughter you see on a video on FoxNews before you flip to something else on Netflix or take the dog for a walk while muttering about America kicking terrorist ass.

So you'll excuse me if I don't give a single flying **** what you think about whether or not we should be in Afghanistan.

No, they don't. Sorry, pal. Just because $2.50 of your taxes went to the fight doesn't mean you can compare with parents who lost or worried about sons and daughters over there, or that you can compare how much you care to people who actually spent time in that shithole.

You and Bruce can go ahead and have your opinion, but your opinion doesn't mean shit because you don't know the first goddamn thing about what went on in those places. To you, it's just someone else's son or daughter you see on a video on FoxNews before you flip to something else on Netflix or take the dog for a walk while muttering about America kicking terrorist ass.

So you'll excuse me if I don't give a single flying **** what you think about whether or not we should be in Afghanistan.
What is ironic is your opinion means less than shit contrary to you trying to pass it as law. I have friends that served over there and I talk to frequently so as usual, you are talking out of your ass without having any clue where people are coming from.

You preach on here like you are the only person that can talk to these things, but that is furthest from the truth. It's called the first amendment and it doesn't just apply to you and your hurt feelings.

So you'll excuse me if I don't give a flying *** what you think since you're obviously full of shit. One thing you got right is yeah we can have our opinion and knowing it pisses you off makes it all the better.

What is ironic is your opinion means less than shit contrary to you trying to pass it as law. I have friends that served over there and I talk to frequently so as usual, you are talking out of your ass without having any clue where people are coming from.

You preach on here like you are the only person that can talk to these things, but that is furthest from the truth. It's called the first amendment and it doesn't just apply to you and your hurt feelings.

So you'll excuse me if I don't give a flying *** what you think since you're obviously full of shit. One thing you got right is yeah we can have our opinion and knowing it pisses you off makes it all the better.
I can't control what people talk about. I can tell them that their opinion is based on bullshit. You don't like that? I couldn't care less.

You have friends who served there? What do they think? Do they think we should still be there? Because if they do, I'd be very surprised since I can't even count the people I know who've served there, but I CAN count the people I know who died there, and I know every... single... one... believes/believed that we should've been out of there in 2003 or 2004. Bush ****ed this up. Obama, Trump, and now Biden have perpetuated that, but at least Biden has the balls to put an end to it, as ****ed up as it has been. Trump seemed like he was going to as well, so kudos to both of them for doing what Bush and Obama wouldn't.

The First Amendment doesn't have a thing to do with this message board. I shouldn't waste my time with some tithead who invokes the first amendment on the internet. Just idiotic.

I can't control what people talk about. I can tell them that their opinion is based on bullshit. You don't like that? I couldn't care less.
Except that you do care because you keep circling back to it. But tell yourself whatever you need to so you can feel better.

You have friends who served there? What do they think? Do they think we should still be there? Because if they do, I'd be very surprised since I can't even count the people I know who've served there, but I CAN count the people I know who died there, and I know every... single... one... believes/believed that we should've been out of there in 2003 or 2004. Bush ****ed this up. Obama, Trump, and now Biden have perpetuated that, but at least Biden has the balls to put an end to it, as ****ed up as it has been. Trump seemed like he was going to as well, so kudos to both of them for doing what Bush and Obama wouldn't.
They believe they shouldn't of been in there in the first place, but some believe we shouldn't of left. Especially the way we did which is my original point you keep glossing over or just flat out missing even after explaining it so many times.

And our disagreement/argument aside, I am sorry for the loss of your friends. I am most certainly an unapologetic prick, but I can separate loss and a meaningless argument. And out of respect for them, I will drop arguing with you on this to not diminish their sacrifice. If you want to keep going that is your business.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT