ADVERTISEMENT

The seeding is simple

Jun 13, 2002
PU & IU win Purdue a 4 Iowa a 5
PU & Mary win Purdue a 5 Iowa a 4
PU loss Purdue a 6

The interesting thing to me is if Purdue is a 5, they may get the chance to avenge losses to Illinois, Iowa and IU.
bracket_image.php

Can't wait to avenge those losses. Especially Iowa and IU.....Illinois is a no-brainer. Painter > Groce. There is no way in _ell that IU beats us twice in the same season, no friggin' way.

PU & IU win Purdue a 4 Iowa a 5
PU & Mary win Purdue a 5 Iowa a 4
PU loss Purdue a 6

The interesting thing to me is if Purdue is a 5, they may get the chance to avenge losses to Illinois, Iowa and IU.
bracket_image.php
And six dollar tickets to both Thursday sessions on stub hub

I knew we would fall to 6 with a loss, but I didn't realize we would have to turn around and play Wisconsin again if we win on Thursday. Wisconsin would have rest and a bunch of confidence having just beaten us at our place. Translation: We really need to win this game tonight, regardless what happens at IU.

Any seeding is okay with me. I'd even take a rematch with MSU. I think you stop Valetine, and the rest is downhill from there. We beat them once, and can again. I am tired of hearing about this "body man".

:cool:

Any seeding is okay with me. I'd even take a rematch with MSU. I think you stop Valetine, and the rest is downhill from there. We beat them once, and can again. I am tired of hearing about this "body man".

:cool:
Valentine can't be stopped. He is a future NBA hall-of-famer. Let's avoid playing them at all costs.

Valentine can't be stopped. He is a future NBA hall-of-famer. Let's avoid playing them at all costs.
I think you make too much of MSU. We stopped MSU before, and we were winning going away. We led most of the game. I think Purdue is one of the few teams that is an over-match for sporty. They should avoid us.

Last edited:
I think you make too much of MSU. We stopped MSU before, and we were winning going away. We led most of the game. I think Purdue is one of the few teams that is an over-match for sporty. They should avoid us.
That might be true, I hate to tempt our fate against I & V but you're probably on to something with regard to match-ups

Sorry to appear so contrary, but MSU is playing at a different level now than a month ago, especially now that Nairn is back in the lineup to take PG responsibilities away from Valentine. MSU abused OSU the two times they played recently with the pick and roll, and we all know how well Purdue traditionally defends that. Forbes had a down game against Purdue (Ray's defense undoubtedly was a factor), but in his last six games he's shot 4-7, 6-12, 9-14, 4-7, 11-18, and 4-10 from behind the arc.

I'm not throwing in the towel by any means, but a one-point win in OT at home after blowing a 16-point halftime lead doesn't exactly fill me with confidence...I just wouldn't dismiss MSU so easily.

If Purdue fires on all cylinders for 40 minutes, they will be difficult for anyone, anywhere to beat. Problem is, that doesn't happen all that often.

Redemption tourney for Purdue....get a shot at beating Illinois, Iowa and Indiana.......

I like it!

Boiler Up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT