ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Tournament by the odds

Chi-Boiler

All-American
May 8, 2010
Your friendly neighborhood bookie is back with some odds and ends for the tournament. We're getting more things pop up on our system all the time.

Purdue to win title still at +1100, good for 4th. Houston still at the top at +550.

Zach Edey +1300 to be MOP of the Final 4. Loyer is the only other Purdue player at +2100. 44 total players listed, led by Sasser at +720.

Purdue -250 to reach the Sweet 16.

Purdue +250 to make the Final 4. Marquette next in the region at +400. Tenn +600, Duke +700.

Any 16 seed to win in the round of 64 is +900

#1 seed to win tournament +150

Winning Conference: B1G +600. Big 12 on top at +285

We had a "Winning State" bet up this morning, but it only had 6 states on it. I questioned it and it has gotten taken down. Indiana was on the list but I don't remember the number. Texas was best. Several logical states were missing.

Opening spreads of note:

Texas Southern -2 vs FDU
Maryland +2 vs West Virginia
Illinois +2.5 vs Arkansas
Iowa +1 vs Auburn
Northwestern -1.5 vs Boise St
Penn St +2.5 vs Texas A&M
Michigan St -2 vs USC
Indiana -4 vs Kent St

One thing of note that hasn't been brought up yet as far as I know, Iowa, and to an extent Houston, get a raw deal having to play Auburn in Birmingham, Alabama. I have a guy working for me who went to Auburn and he said it's inside of 2 hours away. Top 5 seeds are not supposed to have a "home court" disadvantage in the 1st or 2nd round.

Your friendly neighborhood bookie is back with some odds and ends for the tournament. We're getting more things pop up on our system all the time.

Purdue to win title still at +1100, good for 4th. Houston still at the top at +550.

Zach Edey +1300 to be MOP of the Final 4. Loyer is the only other Purdue player at +2100. 44 total players listed, led by Sasser at +720.

Purdue +250 to make the Final 4. Marquette next in the region at +400. Tenn +600, Duke +700.

We had a "Winning State" bet up this morning, but it only had 6 states on it. I questioned it and it has gotten taken down. Indiana was on the list but I don't remember the number. Texas was best. Several logical states were missing.

Opening spreads of note:

Texas Southern -2 vs FDU
Iowa +1 vs Auburn
Michigan St -2 vs USC
Indiana -4 vs Kent St

One thing of note that hasn't been brought up yet as far as I know, Iowa, and to an extent Houston, get a raw deal having to play Auburn in Birmingham, Alabama. I have a guy working for me who went to Auburn and he said it's inside of 2 hours away. Top 5 seeds are not supposed to have a "home court" disadvantage in the 1st or 2nd round.

Maybe they changed that, but I thought it was just the first four seed lines and only for the first round (Round of 64). Still, it's a bad deal to me and especially for Houston. Auburn is a little over 100 miles from Birmingham. Some really good Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail courses in each city.

Can I short Houston?

Blue Horseshoe loves the Cougars. :)

giphy.gif

Opening spreads of note:

Texas Southern -2 vs FDU
Iowa +1 vs Auburn
Michigan St -2 vs USC
Indiana -4 vs Kent St

Thanks Chi.

I think the one that surprises me the most is a #16 seed to win their game is only +900. It's more likely for that to happen (only once since 1985) then for Edey to be MOP? Or for PU to win it all.....

images

Couple of dogs that I like are Furman plus 5.5 against VA and Kent State plus 4 against IU. Kent’s got a good team, I can see them beating the Hoosiers, might play them on the ML. Lots of Duke and Texas love, I actually think Gonzaga might be a good final 4 pick.

One bet we had on our system is ANY 14,15,or16 to win a first round game. The "NO" to that was +300 this morning. It has moved to +240 and I'm not sure I like it anymore.

I actually had to correct our service on the Conference bet. There was a "Any other conference" bet at +8000. But the B1G and Big East were mistakenly not offered with their own number. OOPS!

ADVERTISEMENT