ADVERTISEMENT

The new ad makes a statement

My Dad thought they would wait til lthe end of season because of Purdue past, today a new Era in Purdue history starts.
great call by the new AD, I posted here we would show up and lose by 10 or 11 to the Illini, but then get steam rolled by Iowa, embarrassing the program in front of a HC crowd and then making the decision.

I think this is a great statement by MBob.
The other thing I'm hearing is that one of the reasons he left GT was because he thought PU was more committed to success in athletic than GT.
If true, that's great to hear.

I give him lots of credit because Burke and board were too afraid to pull the trigger. Got to give him lots of props. It's a new day in Purdue history:)

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I give him lots of credit because Burke and board were too afraid to pull the trigger. Got to give him lots of props. It's a new day in Purdue history:)

Burke was not too afraid to pull the trigger. Firing Hazell would've meant admitting he made and awful hire and negotiated an even more disastrous contract. His ego is what prevented him from pulling the trigger, plain and simple. I am encouraged that Bobinski and Mitch have pulled the plug. It gives us a shred of hope that the "stepping over dollars to pick up nickels" days of MJB are over and hopefully not too late that Purdue football can recover. I think this shows enough commitment from the powers that be that we can expect to see the change necessary to reclaim our rightful place on the national stage of college football, and athletics in general.

Burke was not too afraid to pull the trigger. Firing Hazell would've meant admitting he made and awful hire and negotiated an even more disastrous contract. His ego is what prevented him from pulling the trigger, plain and simple. I am encouraged that Bobinski and Mitch have pulled the plug. It gives us a shred of hope that the "stepping over dollars to pick up nickels" days of MJB are over and hopefully not too late that Purdue football can recover. I think this shows enough commitment from the powers that be that we can expect to see the change necessary to reclaim our rightful place on the national stage of college football, and athletics in general.

I think you can go back to an ESPN article last year where Burke was adamant about stating he couldn't wait for Hazell to succeed so HE could prove the naysayers wrong. Sorry, but Burke was a giant P****Y

This can't be said enough. He wasn't too afraid. He was too stubborn (or too stupid, but I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt) to admit that he made the absolute worst financial deal in the history of Purdue's existence, and that it was going to be the lasting rememberance of his 20+ years of service. He selfishly WANTED Hazell to succeed way more than any reasonable person could EXPECT him to succeed, perhaps even Burke himself. But he didn't care; he was itching to rub the fan base's noses in it when his hire proved to be a success. It's sad.

And people should leave the Board out of it on this decision... there is not a shred of evidence to suggest that Burke wanted to fire Hazell but the Pres or Board held him back. That's nothing more than crazy speculation. And it makes even less sense to think a guy who's been on the job for a mere 60 days would have been more successful than Burke - the longest tenured AD in the B1G - in convincing the Purdue Board or Pres that Hazell was the wrong guy for the job.

Last edited:
I got to the point were I didn't want to hear excuses I just wanted to see hazell gone. The bottom line is that he is gone and now the rebuilding process can begin.

Reactions: Cleanface
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT