ADVERTISEMENT

That's a wrap. The Sweet 16 is our ceiling under Painter.

I can't understand why we always look so lost on the big stage. It happens every year regardless of the roster...what is the common denominator?

4 minutes left and Vince has 6 turnovers.
Soft like coach. Carsen only player with fire.

Reactions: cprh9u
The modern NCAA is about guard play. Painter spent 4 minutes with Nojel and Cline as our guards. That tells you all you need to know. The dude just continually trys to force a square peg into a round whole.

Painter will retire after 25 years with three big ten regular season titles,m two tournament titles and two more sweet sixteens. No further in the tournament that counts . Nice program. That is all.

If they don't make the NCAA's in the next year or two, Bobinski needs to make a change. We've seen the best that Painter can do at Purdue.

Reactions: cprh9u
Well, a lot of Boston fans and Cubs fans said the same thing for years. Miracles do happen.

Haha... I don't think I would use those examples considering the time frames between championships (Cubs 108 years, Boston 86 years). I get your point. However, multiple decades of being a Purdue fan has taught me not to get too excited when the team excels in January. :D

How many seasons can we give him and not get further in the tournament. He doesn't improve his players so that they thrive when we need to. He's a good regular season coach, he just doesn't make it happen when it counts.

Reactions: nagemj02
I can't understand why we always look so lost on the big stage. It happens every year regardless of the roster...what is the common denominator?

4 minutes left and Vince has 6 turnovers.

You people that post like you are a freaking joke. I just came on here because I knew a poster like you would show up. What do you want Matt to do? He lost a key player. Haarns was not ready developmentally to play big in a game like this. How many passes did he lose off his hands? That's on Painter right? Haarns needed to play big and he didn't do it. Where was Mathias at? That is a very good def team. Credit to Texas Tech.

Even with Haas I don't think they would have beaten Nova. I expect Nova to win Sunday and is the best team in the tournament.

This idea that Painter should leave is a joke. Illinois ran off Bruce Weber and how has that worked out for Illini. I expect Purdue will have a very good team in 2 years with Carsen as a senior.

BTW it is about matchups and with Texas Tech having a very good 3pt def I knew it was going to be an uphill climb considering Purdue's success hinged on the 3.

How many seasons can we give him and not get further in the tournament. He doesn't improve his players so that they thrive when we need to. He's a good regular season coach, he just doesn't make it happen when it counts.

Oh losing Hass didn't hurt the team. Unbelievable you people come on here with these comments. I just laugh at you....

Reactions: Ben Shadeland
Cubs and boston fans didn't accept mediocrity they fired it.

Painter will get an extension... Kirk Ferentz of basketball

LOL at you people. Look at the upsets in the tournament. Let me EXPLAIN something to you fans., OK here goes... You don't fire coaches who make the NCAA tournament. You fire them for not making the tournament. Do you think Cincy is going to fire their head coach after blowing a 22 point lead. Because I was over on the Cincy Enquirer. They were whining how that Cincy coach can't get Cincy to the Sweet 16. LOL

I tell you if Matt gets Purdue in the tournament next season I will be impressed and I think he will.

Bottom line Matt needed players to step up tonite off the bench and in the post and they didn't do it and they lost. They lost to a 3 seed. A team that was in the top 10 most of the year. Tough way to end the season as any tourney loss is.

But if you thought Purdue was going to beat Nova if they had beaten Tech. I just did not see that happening without Haas.

LOL at you people. Look at the upsets in the tournament. Let me EXPLAIN something to you fans., OK here goes... You don't fire coaches who make the NCAA tournament. You fire them for not making the tournament. Do you think Cincy is going to fire their head coach after blowing a 22 point lead. Because I was over on the Cincy Enquirer. They were whining how that Cincy coach can't get Cincy to the Sweet 16. LOL

I tell you if Matt gets Purdue in the tournament next season I will be impressed and I think he will.

Bottom line Matt needed players to step up tonite off the bench and in the post and they didn't do it and they lost. They lost to a 3 seed. A team that was in the top 10 most of the year. Tough way to end the season as any tourney loss is.

But if you thought Purdue was going to beat Nova if they had beaten Tech. I just did not see that happening without Haas.

68 teams get in the tourney It isn't something special. It is something expected of every coach to do within in 2-4 years of getting a new job at a P5 program.

Getting to the elite 8 should happen at least once a few years and maybe after some luck and some trials you make a final 4. Matt painter has 4 S16 total

He had 3 completely terrible years followed by multiple years of underachieving in the tourney. He is 13 and 11 in the tourney.

You people that post like you are a freaking joke. I just came on here because I knew a poster like you would show up. What do you want Matt to do? He lost a key player. Haarns was not ready developmentally to play big in a game like this. How many passes did he lose off his hands? That's on Painter right? Haarns needed to play big and he didn't do it. Where was Mathias at? That is a very good def team. Credit to Texas Tech.

Even with Haas I don't think they would have beaten Nova. I expect Nova to win Sunday and is the best team in the tournament.

This idea that Painter should leave is a joke. Illinois ran off Bruce Weber and how has that worked out for Illini. I expect Purdue will have a very good team in 2 years with Carsen as a senior.

BTW it is about matchups and with Texas Tech having a very good 3pt def I knew it was going to be an uphill climb considering Purdue's success hinged on the 3.
I m afraid Carsen will be in the NBA before he is a senior.

We were in the game down five with 5 minutes to go and Painter wasn’t smart enough to put the ball in Carsens hands as a point guard every time down the floor. Instead of winning or losing with the ball in our best players hand, we went down firing a cap pistol. Carsen was the only reason we were in the game and Painter didn’t give the team the best chance to win.

We were in the game down five with 5 minutes to go and Painter wasn’t smart enough to put the ball in Carsens hands as a point guard every time down the floor. Instead of winning or losing with the ball in our best players hand, we went down firing a cap pistol. Carsen was the only reason we were in the game and Painter didn’t give the team the best chance to win.

Painter sat PJ and Carsen to put in Nojel and Cline... The moment the defended Nojel he looked like complete a$$. Maybe don't force the freshmen who is rough around the edges to bring the ball down.

Reactions: pb1941
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT