ADVERTISEMENT

Terrible broadcast

Emartin70287

Sophomore
Nov 17, 2015
For me at least, the video looked like it was recorded with 20 year old cameras, the announcers voice dissapeared in the 1st half, and while we did get a glimpse of trophies, we saw no such trophies handed out. What a joke of a broadcast. Two possible 1 seeds come March and this is what we get. I wont be complaining about Espn after this one.

For me at least, the video looked like it was recorded with 20 year old cameras, the announcers voice dissapeared in the 1st half, and while we did get a glimpse of trophies, we saw no such trophies handed out. What a joke of a broadcast. Two possible 1 seeds come March and this is what we get. I wont be complaining about Espn after this one.
They had to rush for some sort of soccer game. Ugh!

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Thgis was by far the worst that national TV has provided. I and my family pay for FOUR different streams plus have good antennas for local Tv is different areas. The ONLY person who got to watch this game was in Phoenix

And yet you worship at the alter of Brandon.

Watched it on ABC.
For me in NW Indiana the game was not on the Chicago ABC affiliate channel 7. It was on some jive ABC channel 217 on Xfinity system. Very faint background noise and no broadcasters. Yet the NC/Tennessee game is on ESPN.

And so no one called or contacted WLS-ABC 7 to bitch about this crap?

ABC carried the Villanova-Purdue final in Lafayette and Indianapolis and most of the world that matters -- just as it did for three Purdue football games inside five weeks -- but for this we see 150,000 Chicagoland Boilermakers are content to be sheep led to slaughter.

Contact those assholes and speak your minds instead of just crying about it here. Jeezus. If our players acted like that, we’d be freakin’ winless.

https://abc7chicago.com/about/

I also had no hd it was on abc local wtf

Watched it on ABC. Color great, volume great, balance of coverage great, play by play great, analysis great, beer great, results phenomenal
Wasn’t on ABC in Chicago. Had to watch on ABC Localized (?)channel which had poor picture quality and no sound. The no sound was not all that bad as I am sure they wouldn’t have been pro Purdue.

And so no one called or contacted WLS-ABC 7 to bitch about this crap?

ABC carried the Villanova-Purdue final in Lafayette and Indianapolis and most of the world that matters -- just as it did for three Purdue football games inside five weeks -- but for this we see 150,000 Chicagoland Boilermakers are content to be sheep led to slaughter.

Contact those assholes and speak your minds instead of just crying about it here. Jeezus. If our players acted like that, we’d be freakin’ winless.

https://abc7chicago.com/about/
Add BTN to the recent slight and absence of the Purdue /Minnesota Oct 2 football on Comcast in Chicago. Apparently Comcast doesn't list/allow an alternative BTN channel because only the Illinois game was shown. So much for coverage of all Big 10 games. DishTV never had this problem with alterative channels. Comcast actually had an alternative channel listing without proper info label or feed, as UofI game was aired on both channels( no Purdue or Minnesota)

All you needed to do was have the ESPN app and put in your cable credentials if you weren’t getting it in your area. I thought this was an engineering school?

Reactions: SCBoiler1
All you needed to do was have the ESPN app and put in your cable credentials if you weren’t getting it in your area. I thought this was an engineering school?
If you don’t have that particular channel in your current cable package you still won’t be able to watch that channel. I don’t have ESPN News. Therefore, even when I log onto the Xfinity app I get an error message when I try to watch something on ESPN News.

If you have ESPN in your cable or satellite package, you should be able to watch any game on the majority of ESPN channels/ABC. I think it’s only ESPNPlus you won’t be able to watch without a specific subscription though. I think that’s the exception

Only on ABC in some markets. I had to stream(live in Georgia-ABC had a wildlife special 😆
Same in Chicago. I was curious on Saturday when I found out the time and network so I went to the guide to confirm it. Instead it was showing 4 30-minute wildlife-type shows. And that's what ended up being on. No understanding at all since these are all pre-taped shows. My kid eventually found it on some streaming app, but it was extremely blurry. Couldn't even see the ball go in.

Same in Chicago. I was curious on Saturday when I found out the time and network so I went to the guide to confirm it. Instead it was showing 4 30-minute wildlife-type shows. And that's what ended up being on. No understanding at all since these are all pre-taped shows. My kid eventually found it on some streaming app, but it was extremely blurry. Couldn't even see the ball go in.
Did u have sound

I have the Espn App (we have U-verse and ESPN). I finally figured out I could watch it on that. No idea why it wasn't on National. TV. I also had to deal with some streaming issues. Hated watching on my tablets vs movie screen but got some Thanksgiving baking done while propping the old tablet up in the kitchen. I'm getting so sick of having to have different streaming services/apps to watch stuff!

The point is 2 good teams playing you should not have extra work to watch a game its 2021. And the 3rd place game was national broadcast.
Common misconception but the third place game on ESPN was not a national
Broadcast game as no games on a cable network are “national broadcast” CBS, ABC, Fox and NBC would be national broadcast that anyone with a tv can access

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT