ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee -4.5

Get your facts straight before running your mouth...the SEC is 0-4 after Texas Tech's ass whoopin of Miss St.

Florida, Mizzouri, Auburn and Miss St.
And really TAMU should be a forfeit. So 0-5. Now if Bama, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, lose I'm happy.

I thought tenn would beat Purdue and that Purdue would have been better off going to the pin stripe bowl or taking Minnesota’s spot and playing West Virginia or having an interesting matchup against Louisville or Kentucky! With Covid, player portal transfers and star players opting out taking away players from teams, The results of Bowl games are basically worthless. Those who lose can always make up excuses for their losses. I’m confident many Purdue fans are already saying if only we had bell, kg, and Wright, we’d win. They are already making up excuses for losing. That’s like saying the election was rigged before it ever happened! And people believe the lies that they are told! Tennessee has an awesome offense. They have also given up a lot of points. If Purdue wants to play SEC teams in Bowl games, they need to start playing them in the preseason! I expect Tennessee to win big. And I fully expect to see 10,000 posts from Purdue fans making up excuses for the loss. Great teams have depth to make up for player losses! I still remember OSU’s third string QB leading them to a championship. And I remember Joe Montana leading ND to comeback victory over Purdue. You play the game with what you have. I wish players were more loyal to their team rather than themselves and $$$$, but that’s the current reality of the game. Maybe someday college football will become like college baseball and the game will be played by college athletes rather than athletes using colleges to showcase their pro aspirations. Call me old school. But in your response, refer to the points I make rather than your usual name calling! It is the ignorant fool that avoids debating a subject and resorts to name calling as their response!

• Haha
Reactions: pboiler18
SEC now 0-3 after Texas Tech ass whoopin of Miss St. But that’s just another one we all saw coming, right?
Get your facts straight before running your mouth...the SEC is 0-4 after Texas Tech's ass whoopin of Miss St.

And really TAMU should be a forfeit. So 0-5. Now if Bama, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, lose I'm happy.
I was thinking about that...but the NCAA said that COVID related cancellations would be treated as vacated, rather than forfeits. I would have been torn. While I would love to see aTm get their asses handed to them...I can never pull for Dave Clawson. The old joke used to be, who's the only person in the SEC that can hold Arian Foster under 100 yards...Dave Clawson. Hiring him as OC is what ultimately did in Fulmer at UT.

I was thinking about that...but the NCAA said that COVID related cancellations would be treated as vacated, rather than forfeits. I would have been torn. While I would love to see aTm get their asses handed to them...I can never pull for Dave Clawson. The old joke used to be, who's the only person in the SEC that can hold Arian Foster under 100 yards...Dave Clawson. Hiring him as OC is what ultimately did in Fulmer at UT.
Sorry. I guess the SEC is even more overrated than I though.

Sorry. I guess the SEC is even more overrated than I though.
Meh...

9-4 Army beat 6-7 Missouri
9-4 UCF beat 6-7 Florida
11-2 Houston beat 6-7 Auburn
7-6 Texas Tech beat 7-6 Mississippi State

In reality...Texas Tech vs Mississippi State is the only one that should have even been a game. In my opinion...there shouldn't be any 6-6 teams playing in bowl games.

Meh...

9-4 UCF beat 6-7 Florida

In reality...Texas Tech vs Mississippi State is the only one that should have even been a game. In my opinion...there shouldn't be any 6-6 teams playing in bowl games.
Miss St was 7-5 just like the Vols

Meh...

9-4 UCF beat 6-7 Florida

you used the bowl results to widen the gap in the records.

That's not how that works, when comparing matchups going into the games.

you used the bowl results to widen the gap in the records.

That's not how that works, when comparing matchups going into the games.
Sorry...I was just copying the record off of the results page...here you go:

8-4 Army beat 6-6 Missouri
8-4 UCF beat 6-6 Florida
10-2 Houston beat 6-6 Auburn
6-6 Texas Tech beat 6-6 Mississippi State

Again...not a fan of 6-6 teams making bowl games. I think you should be above .500 to play in them.

Sorry...I was just copying the record off of the results page...here you go:

8-4 Army beat 6-6 Missouri
8-4 UCF beat 6-6 Florida
10-2 Houston beat 6-6 Auburn
6-6 Texas Tech beat 6-6 Mississippi State

Again...not a fan of 6-6 teams making bowl games. I think you should be above .500 to play in them.

No need to be sorry. It just made it look worse than it really was. 8-4 vs 6-6 isn't a huge spread, especially given the conference disparity.

I don't disagree on the winning record issue. Without 6-6 I think they'd have a hard time filling bowls. Then again, that might not be a bad thing.

One created the conference Texas is striving to be in. The other is paying 7 million dollars to go under .500 in the lesser conference.
Who cares who started the SEC. You'll now be losing to all the teams you have been losing to, plus Texas and Oklahoma...

UT ain't better than Texas now or historically....

Tennessee had a much better than Texas, both under first year head coaches.

Historically, Texas is better but it’s close.

Wins Texas is 5th, Tennessee 9th.
Bowl Games Texas is 2nd, Tennessee 5th.
Tennessee has 2 more national Titles than Texas.
Texas has a large gap in conference titles.
All time draft picks and first round draft picks are virtually even.

Tennessee had a much better than Texas, both under first year head coaches.

Historically, Texas is better but it’s close.

Wins Texas is 5th, Tennessee 9th.
Bowl Games Texas is 2nd, Tennessee 5th.
Tennessee has 2 more national Titles than Texas.
Texas has a large gap in conference titles.
All time draft picks and first round draft picks are virtually even.
And Texas will have the recruiting edge over UT in every aspect moving forward...

One created the conference Texas is striving to be in. The other is paying 7 million dollars to go under .500 in the lesser conference.

"...created the conference..."

I do not think that makes the point(s) you think it does.

The only reason the SEC went after TX and OK is to make more $$$. Nothing wrong with that, but they BOTH expect to make a ton more money.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Doubtful. Heupel will embarrass OU for what they did to him. And hate for Texas isn’t something that goes away.
LMFAO. No...

You seem to think someone's magically bringing UT back to the glory days of Fullmer. UT is now like Nebraska football and IU basketball. Lots of arrogant fans who think they're still nationally relevant...

LMFAO. No...
Texas isn’t good and Slurkisian isn’t going to be the coach to make them better.

Edit: I keep getting restricted from posting because this free board seems to want to be an echo chamber. I’m not saying anything disrespectful to posters or about Purdue and it’s players other than thinking my favorite team is better. I just want this on the record that win or lose tomorrow, if I’m not posting tomorrow, it’s not my doing.

That’s why their last few hires have been on par to Tennessees. G5 coaches and Bama coordinators?
You don't seem to get it. Texas will figure this out. Just like Texas A&M did. And you'll regret that they and Oklahoma joined the SEC. Because it'll make UT even less relevant than they already are. And that's a fact.

You don't seem to get it. Texas will figure this out. Just like Texas A&M did. And you'll regret that they and Oklahoma joined the SEC. Because it'll make UT even less relevant than they already are. And that's a fact.
Texas A&M just paid a million dollars a win this season. Congrats I guess. Throwing money at problems in CFB doesn’t fix them. Good coaching does.

Reactions: VFL1970
Texas A&M just paid a million dollars a win this season. Congrats I guess. Throwing money at problems in CFB doesn’t fix them. Good coaching does.
Not sure what that has to do with making UT more relevant? That's what Texas schools have. Lots of money for football and lots of players to recruit. My point is, Texas will do the same thing. And UT will continue to fall down the pecking order in the SEC. So congrats on starting up the SEC. Even though it's meaningless...

Not sure what that has to do with making UT more relevant? That's what Texas schools have. Lots of money for football and lots of players to recruit. My point is, Texas will do the same thing. And UT will continue to fall down the pecking order in the SEC. So congrats on starting up the SEC. Even though it's meaningless...
Tennessee has been in a non traditional football state for a century. Most schools run the wing T here. Our All Americans usually come from surrounding states. They’re the second most successful team in their conference because of good coaching from the likes of Neyland, Majors, Fulmer and others. Tennessee’s boosters have money. Like own their own NFL franchise level money. Yes Texas and TAMU have money but they also have heavily meddling boosters that get in the way. Tennessee has the facilities, fanbase and finances to compete with anyone in the country. Coaching is what they’ve lacked. Same with TAMU. Same with Texas. If the only thing that mattered in CFB was money, Clemson wouldn’t have national titles because despite their recent success, they operate at about 60% of what the Texas, Bamas and others of the CFB do.

Reactions: VFL1970
A caveman could predict what's gonna happen. Even you should be able to see that. You just can't handle the truth that UT ain't ever gonna matter in the future of the SEC...
I bet people thinking like you claimed Nebraska was going to come in and run the division, huh? The same type of people who claimed Miami would be a dominant force in the ACC (no ACC titles in almost 20 yrs).

Tennessee has been in a non traditional football state for a century. Most schools run the wing T here. Our All Americans usually come from surrounding states. They’re the second most successful team in their conference because of good coaching from the likes of Neyland, Majors, Fulmer and others. Tennessee’s boosters have money. Like own their own NFL franchise level money. Yes Texas and TAMU have money but they also have heavily meddling boosters that get in the way. Tennessee has the facilities, fanbase and finances to compete with anyone in the country. Coaching is what they’ve lacked. Same with TAMU. Same with Texas. If the only thing that mattered in CFB was money, Clemson wouldn’t have national titles because despite their recent success, they operate at about 60% of what the Texas, Bamas and others of the CFB do.
Just wait and see...

I bet people thinking like you claimed Nebraska was going to come in and run the division, huh?
I've never said that. They weren't all that relevant when they joined the B1G. What major recruit wants to play ball in Lincoln, NE? That ship sailed when the triple option lost it's effectiveness and the spread offense emerged.

I've never said that. They weren't all that relevant when they joined the B1G. What major recruit wants to play ball in Lincoln, NE? That ship sailed when the triple option lost it's effectiveness and the spread offense emerged.
Have you ever been to College Station? It’s not any better.

I'm just looking forward to an actual game to watch, and no more COVID issues with either team. Hoping for an exciting game!

(btw - I did not attend, but I watched the '79 Bluebonnet Bowl as a young Vol fan, was the first bowl game I saw UT play in)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT