ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee -4.5

Lol we lost to Ole Miss by a touchdown and we’re in the red zone to end the game with a chance to win it.

Florida was a different team early in the year before the wheels fell off… Similar to Purdue finding their stride and getting a lot better.

Bama game was a touchdown game in the 4th. Score doesn’t reflect how close the game actually was.

You boilermakers love to scoreboard watch and ignore context.
And you love to point out how Wisconsin was unranked when we played them when they were actually a lot better than that. If Wisconsin actually played Tennessee at that time, you would have lost big...

And you love to point out how Wisconsin was unranked when we played them when they were actually a lot better than that. If Wisconsin actually played Tennessee at that time, you would have lost big...

I didn’t say that, another Tennessee fan did.

Beating Wisconsin is a quality win. They’re a lot like Kentucky with a little less offense and a little better defense, IMO.

Lol we lost to Ole Miss by a touchdown and we’re in the red zone to end the game with a chance to win it.

Florida was a different team early in the year before the wheels fell off… Similar to Purdue finding their stride and getting a lot better.

Bama game was a touchdown game in the 4th. Score doesn’t reflect how close the game actually was.

You boilermakers love to scoreboard watch and ignore context.
Not all of us scoreboard watch. I see Purdue having a problem with Tennessee’s offense. Ohio State was the only real good offense the boilermakers played all year, and they got completely dominated - damn near as bad as the Auburn bowl game. I just hope Purdue’s offense can perform like it did the second half of the season. With Purdue missing key receivers it’s gonna be tough. Vols 41, Boilers 31

Not all of us scoreboard watch. I see Purdue having a problem with Tennessee’s offense. Ohio State was the only real good offense the boilermakers played all year, and they got completely dominated - damn near as bad as the Auburn bowl game. I just hope Purdue’s offense can perform like it did the second half of the season. With Purdue missing key receivers it’s gonna be tough. Vols 41, Boilers 31

From Tennessee’s perspective it’s about getting off the field defensively. We have struggled on 3rd and 4th down and Purdue time of possession statistic would suggest that they are capable of long plodding drives where they dink and dunk you to death.

If Purdue is able to sit on the ball and/or win the turnover margin, it could spell big trouble for Tennessee.

From Tennessee’s perspective it’s about getting off the field defensively. We have struggled on 3rd and 4th down and Purdue time of possession statistic would suggest that they are capable of long plodding drives where they dink and dunk you to death.

If Purdue is able to sit on the ball and/or win the turnover margin, it could spell big trouble for Tennessee.
Turnovers will be a big factor. Should be a good game to watch. Purdue has to control the clock and get in the endzone - FG’s won’t be enough.

Reactions: RockyTopRowdy58
I never bet against Purdue, but if I were going to, this would be the game I'd do it. Tough replacing your two best players on both sides of the ball.

My bad. Confused you with the other poster who was stating that your record/final score was the only relevant info to be had in college football.

No problem.

A suggestion... here, we "entertain" posters from other programs quite often. Some come here and are treated like royalty. Others get the full wrath of forum regulars. And, there are some in between.

The difference is conduct.

Banter is fine. For awhile. With limits.

If visiting posters go aggressively at the forum regulars, they'll get all manner of sh*t thrown their way. In other words, they'll get what they give.

If you're getting grief from other posters, you might want to step back and evaluate your own posts.

Just friendly feedback. What you do with it is both up to you, and will also be reflective of my comments above...

Reactions: purduepat1969
I think Karloftis not playing hurts us more than Bell. Our other receivers have been really good this year too. Not worried about our offense at all. Karloftis put pressure on the QB all game long. That makes a huge difference. If we don't get pressure I think we lose. Hopefully we manage to get pressure on their QB to slow down their offense.

I think Karloftis not playing hurts us more than Bell. Our other receivers have been really good this year too. Not worried about our offense at all. Karloftis put pressure on the QB all game long. That makes a huge difference. If we don't get pressure I think we lose. Hopefully we manage to get pressure on their QB to slow down their offense.
With Wright out also, and Thompson playing hurt, I hope a few guys that haven’t played much will do ok

GTFOH. Notre Dame has a “really good” offense. So does Michigan State. The score vs OSU was 59-31 and O’Connell had 423 passing yards (Purdue had like 480 yards total offense.). Offense vs OSU wasn’t the issue. It was defense. OSU is a significantly better team than Tennessee overall, despite the Michigan loss.

Who is “Karloftis”?

• Wow
Reactions: Purdue85
Who is “Karloftis”?
not picking on you, but can we stop this sh*t?

Carson/Carsen Edwards, as an example.

It's a dadgum forum. The IU trolls were carping about spelling, when they were being played with Indinia.

I have more to say, but it would seem like piling on, and I really don't want to do that, but if people incorrectly spell the name of a player, who gives a d@mn?

Sorry, SDB. I hope we're cool. Rant off.

Reactions: C'ville Boiler
not picking on you, but can we stop this sh*t?

Carson/Carsen Edwards, as an example.

It's a dadgum forum. The IU trolls were carping about spelling, when they were being played with Indinia.

I have more to say, but it would seem like piling on, and I really don't want to do that, but if people incorrectly spell the name of a player, who gives a d@mn?

Sorry, SDB. I hope we're cool. Rant off.
If someone is a Purdue fan, they should know after seeing it spelled in GBI articles hundreds of times how to spell it correctly?

Regardless, we’re cool Purdue85.

If someone is a Purdue fan, they should know after seeing it spelled in GBI articles hundreds of times how to spell it correctly?

Regardless, we’re cool Purdue85.
Got it, and thank you.

I've spelled Carsen's name wrong before, and I don't think anyone would question whether or not I'm a Purdue fan. (If they would, they're an idiot! 😉)

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Tell that to the SEC. They finished 4th in the SEC East. (LINK to SEC football official home page with SEC Standings.)

Florida is still an SEC school, even with the coaching excuses.
Lol to talking down to the team that finished just below you in the standings.

And wasn’t Mizz 3rd in the East last year a couple spots ahead of Tenn? In fact hasn’t Mizz finished ahead of Tenn like 6 out of the 10 years they have been in the SEC including actually winning the East a couple times?

I guess Tenn doesn’t qualify as an SEC school either.

Last edited:
Tell that to the SEC. They finished 4th in the SEC East. (LINK to SEC football official home page with SEC Standings.)

Florida is still an SEC school, even with the coaching excuses.

Lol to talking down to the team that finished just below you in the standings.

And wasn’t Mizz 3rd in the East last year a couple spots ahead of Tenn? In fact hasn’t Mizz finished ahead of Tenn like 6 out of the 10 years they have been in the SEC including actually winning the East a couple times?

I guess Tenn doesn’t qualify as an SEC school either.

Tennessee beat Missouri 62-24. It was 28-3 at the end of the first and we were playing members of the band in the 4th quarter.

Missouri, like South Carolina, got the benefit of playing Florida after they had completed imploded. Tennessee played them the week after they lost to Bama by a field goal.

Context gentlemen, context.

Tennessee beat Missouri 62-24. It was 28-3 at the end of the first and we were playing members of the band in the 4th quarter.

Missouri, like South Carolina, got the benefit of playing Florida after they had completed imploded. Tennessee played them the week after they lost to Bama by a field goal.

Wha...?

how did you add context to my point that Mizzou is a part of the SEC? And coaching is not an excuse?

Are you okay?

Wha...?

how did you add context to my point that Mizzou is a part of the SEC? And coaching is not an excuse?

Are you okay?

Missouri sucks at everything. They’re the definition of a bottom dweller in the conference.

I was being sarcastic when I said they’re not a real member of the league, Jameis Christ man.

And if you couldn’t see UCF beating UF from a mile away I don’t know what to tell you lol

Florida didn’t play anyone until Alabama. After starting 2-0 against nobody’s they lost 7 of their last 11. They were never any good. Bama just played like shit against them.

Context gentl….. lol

Missouri sucks at everything. They’re the definition of a bottom dweller in the conference.

I was being sarcastic when I said they’re not a real member of the league, Jameis Christ man.

And if you couldn’t see UCF beating UF from a mile away I don’t know what to tell you lol
Except they have been mostly better than Tennessee in football since they joined the SEC.

Reactions: Cleanface
Florida didn’t play anyone until Alabama. After starting 2-0 against nobody’s they lost 7 of their last 11. They were never any good. Bama just played like shit against them.

Context gentl….. lol
This guy reminds me of the Indinia fans that insisted they played a top 10 Penn State team last year, but also “broke” them so that they were mediocre the rest of the season.

Context gentl….. lol

Wrong. Florida gave Bama legit problems in that game. Out rushed them by a mile.

Wrong. Florida gave Bama legit problems in that game. Out rushed them by a mile.
Aka Bama played like shit. I watched the game and came away thinking both teams looked average that day. For wat it’s worth I saw part of the Tenn vs Fla game and thought you guys played like shit that game too.

Florida at no point this season was a good team.

Aka Bama played like shit. I watched the game and came away thinking both teams looked average that day. For wat it’s worth I saw part of the Tenn vs Fla game and thought you guys played like shit that game too.

Florida at no point this season was a good team.

Tennessee always plays like shit against Florida. It’s science at this point.

Reactions: Beorik

Don't know what to tell you. Your conference bought Mizzou, and they finished in the middle of the pack in the East, and qualified for a bowl. One spot behind UT. One. Not a good look to try to distance yourself from them.

I couldn't see UCF beating UF from a mile away because I didn't care... and was more than a mile away. Bursting your bubble, I know, but not everyone cares about the SEC. lol

Merry Christmas.

Don't know what to tell you. Your conference bought Mizzou, and they finished in the middle of the pack in the East, and qualified for a bowl. One spot behind UT. One. Not a good look to try to distance yourself from them.

I couldn't see UCF beating UF from a mile away because I didn't care... and was more than a mile away. Bursting your bubble, I know, but not everyone cares about the SEC. lol

Merry Christmas.

You don’t seem to know a lot about the sport.

You a podcast guy? I recommend The Late Kick with Josh Pate. National guy. No BS or politics and he loves college football, just like me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT