ADVERTISEMENT

Stefanovic

He had his struggles, but he did some things well. He was really good at feeding the post and when he was open he was good. I think teams really new how to defend him late in his career.
Opposing coaches game planned around him. He could bury a team if you left him open. That alone contributed to our overall success. The OP is probably trolling with his 5th or 6th post, so, respond if you like. I think it’s probaly a garbage post.
:cool:

He was sort of accurate in his statement although he probably could have stated it differently. Sasha was very inconsistent in his scoring. Some days he was hot while he was cold in many other games. Take some time and read the game threads and you can read all the posts from people defending Sasha now that were screaming at his misses during games.

And the reality is our defense is a lot better this year with two freshman starting. It appears our freshman are a lot better defenders than the senior guards they replaced. And what were the names of the players that left? It, Hunter and Sasha.

I am wondering. they have a +/- stat in the pros. If they applied the same formula to college players, I believe it would be very revealing about the contributions of players and how bad some players actually are. I believe some players who score points and who the fans love may also be giving up more points than they score. In some cases we may be a better team without their scoring and that player.

Advanced stats for total numbers last year have Sasha tied for 4-6 on our squad for ‘defensive win shares’ with Hunter and Gillis. Trevion at 1, jaden at 2 and Edey at 3. Sasha comes in at fourth for total ‘win shares’. For more of the per minute type metrics he came it 6th for win shares per 40 minutes and he came in at 9th on our squad for “defensive box plus minus” and 5th for “offensive box plus minus.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 3ZSDAD
To be fair, the way we've been shooting 3's these last few games, his shoot % would fit right in with the rest of the team. At least the D has still looked good

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT