ADVERTISEMENT

Some Florida St. info.....

boilerman101

True Freshman
Nov 11, 2011
Tues. 11/30 ESPN doubleheader 7:30pmET FSU at Purdue, 9:30pm Duke at OSU
Announcers for the Purdue game: Same guys that did UNC & Villanova, Fran Fraschilla & ......

Florida St (5-1), Offensive avg: 75.7pts/g, Defensive avg: 63.0pts/g
Blew out Penn, Loyola Marymount, & Missouri.
Beat Tulane at home by only 5pts.
Beat a good Boston U. team at home by 1pt.
Got blown out at Florida by 15pts.

Top four scorers:
#10 Malik Osborne, RS-Sr, 6’9”, F, in 6 games avgd 26.3min, 12.5pts, 7.7reb
#35 Matthew Cleveland, Fr, 6’7”, G, in 6 games avgd 22.9min, 10.8pts, 5.5reb
#4 Caleb Mills, RS-So, 6’5”, G, in 6 games avgd 25.9min, 10.5pts, 2.5reb
#2 Anthony Polite, RS-Sr, 6’6”, G, in 6 games avgd 26.9min, 9.3pts, 6.5reb
2 others avg 7pts/g, see link below for all stats

Four 7-footers gives them plenty of fouls to spread around in the post:
#22 John Butler, Fr, 7’1”, in 6 games avgd 13.7min, 1.8reb, 5.0pts, has made 4 of 10 3’s
#11 Tanor Ngom, Sr, 7’2”, in 4 games avgd 10.7min, 2.5reb, 3.8pts
#24 Naheem McCleod, Jr, 7’4”, in 4 games avgd 10.1min, 0.8reb, 2.5pts
#15 Quincy Ballard, So, 7’0”, in 4 games avgd 4.8min, 1.3reb, 1.0pt

I watched the Boston U game. It came down to the end, and FSU pulled it out by a point at home.
Boston U is picked to win the Patriot League. FSU would probably be in the Top25 if not for the
Florida loss. I think FSU will hang with Purdue for a while, but will get worn down in the end. I’m
hoping for a 20pt win, but that may be asking for too much. OK, OK, I’ll just take a win.
Boiler Up! & Gooooo! Boilers!

Link to FSU Schedule: https://seminoles.com/sports/basketball/schedule/

Link to FSU Roster: https://seminoles.com/sports/basketball/roster/

Link to FSU Stats: https://seminoles.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/MBB-Stats-5.pdf

We need to handle our business in this one. We owe this team. If I'm not mistaken, they beat us down pretty good in CMP's first season and then stole one from in the 2018-2019 season I think. Think there was another loss in between those two but the details escape me at the moment.

We need to handle our business in this one. We owe this team. If I'm not mistaken, they beat us down pretty good in CMP's first season and then stole one from in the 2018-2019 season I think. Think there was another loss in between those two but the details escape me at the moment.

Purdue also lost 63-60 in overtime in '19/20 season.

Tues. 11/30 ESPN doubleheader 7:30pmET FSU at Purdue, 9:30pm Duke at OSU
Announcers for the Purdue game: Same guys that did UNC & Villanova, Fran Fraschilla & ......

Florida St (5-1), Offensive avg: 75.7pts/g, Defensive avg: 63.0pts/g
Blew out Penn, Loyola Marymount, & Missouri.
Beat Tulane at home by only 5pts.
Beat a good Boston U. team at home by 1pt.
Got blown out at Florida by 15pts.

Top four scorers:
#10 Malik Osborne, RS-Sr, 6’9”, F, in 6 games avgd 26.3min, 12.5pts, 7.7reb
#35 Matthew Cleveland, Fr, 6’7”, G, in 6 games avgd 22.9min, 10.8pts, 5.5reb
#4 Caleb Mills, RS-So, 6’5”, G, in 6 games avgd 25.9min, 10.5pts, 2.5reb
#2 Anthony Polite, RS-Sr, 6’6”, G, in 6 games avgd 26.9min, 9.3pts, 6.5reb
2 others avg 7pts/g, see link below for all stats

Four 7-footers gives them plenty of fouls to spread around in the post:
#22 John Butler, Fr, 7’1”, in 6 games avgd 13.7min, 1.8reb, 5.0pts, has made 4 of 10 3’s
#11 Tanor Ngom, Sr, 7’2”, in 4 games avgd 10.7min, 2.5reb, 3.8pts
#24 Naheem McCleod, Jr, 7’4”, in 4 games avgd 10.1min, 0.8reb, 2.5pts
#15 Quincy Ballard, So, 7’0”, in 4 games avgd 4.8min, 1.3reb, 1.0pt

I watched the Boston U game. It came down to the end, and FSU pulled it out by a point at home.
Boston U is picked to win the Patriot League. FSU would probably be in the Top25 if not for the
Florida loss. I think FSU will hang with Purdue for a while, but will get worn down in the end. I’m
hoping for a 20pt win, but that may be asking for too much. OK, OK, I’ll just take a win.
Boiler Up! & Gooooo! Boilers!

Link to FSU Schedule: https://seminoles.com/sports/basketball/schedule/

Link to FSU Roster: https://seminoles.com/sports/basketball/roster/

Link to FSU Stats: https://seminoles.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/MBB-Stats-5.pdf
They seem to be what I expect from recent FSU teams. Look to be long and physical at all positions. Will probably be tough to score on them in the halfcourt. We could be in for a rough game if we don't give great effort on defense and create transition opportunities for ourselves.

Bottom line is if we can be the better team on defense, we should be in good shape. If we are not good on defense, we could get upset because I expect FSU to make us earn our points.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Purdue also lost 63-60 in overtime in '19/20 season.
That's right. That was a neutral site game. I don't remember what exactly happened there but now I remember it was a game I felt we should have won (as is the case with most OT games) but somehow managed to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
That's right. That was a neutral site game. I don't remember what exactly happened there but now I remember it was a game I felt we should have won (as is the case with most OT games) but somehow managed to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.

A defensive slugfest TC.....in the Emerald Coast Classic championship. Teams combined for 6/41 from deep. And Florida State outscored Purdue 5-2 in overtime, as a precursor of things to come in that season.

A defensive slugfest TC.....in the Emerald Coast Classic championship. Teams combined for 6/41 from deep. And Florida State outscored Purdue 5-2 in overtime, as a precursor of things to come in that season.
Typical Purdue overtime wet fart. Basically the precursor to North Texas. Frustrating games! Let's just score 95 and leave no doubt!

Just went and looked at the game we lost in 18-19. Had a 72-64 lead with 3:41 left. Didn't score the rest of the way and lost 73-72. Carsen Edwards had 2 turnovers and went 0-2 from the free throw line in the last 2 minutes. 24 turnovers offset a 48-33 rebounding advantage. We were up 1 with the ball and no shot clock and FSU was trying to give a foul to send us to the free throw line. They mugged Cline with 16 seconds left and instead of calling the foul, they nailed Cline with a travel and gave the ball to FSU who hit a jump shot to take the lead and win the game.

Just went and looked at the game we lost in 18-19. Had a 72-64 lead with 3:41 left. Didn't score the rest of the way and lost 73-72. Carsen Edwards had 2 turnovers and went 0-2 from the free throw line in the last 2 minutes. 24 turnovers offset a 48-33 rebounding advantage. We were up 1 with the ball and no shot clock and FSU was trying to give a foul to send us to the free throw line. They mugged Cline with 16 seconds left and instead of calling the foul, they nailed Cline with a travel and gave the ball to FSU who hit a jump shot to take the lead and win the game.
haha oh man that Cline "travel". That brings back some rage.

If FSU freshman big guard at 6/8 Scotty Barnes had stayed for this season; they would be elite. Went NBA route in top five for Raptors and a serious candidate for Rookie of the Year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT