ADVERTISEMENT

So uhhhhh......Session was let go.

Scheffler90

True Freshman
Jul 15, 2017
And now Rosenstein has apparently been pulled off the Mueller probe, in favor of Whitaker, who has been very public about his desire to stop the investigation.

This seems like a HUGE risk by Trump on a number of fronts, both legal and politically. I suppose that given Don Jr now telling Mueller will indict him at any moment and Assange/Stone likely to be likewise hit, it makes sense in a very narrow, Nixonian frame of mind.

With Dems now in charge of the House, Nader and Schiff can drill Whitaker to the wall on any attempt to impede the investigation. Also remember, by rule, any limitits imposed by the DOJ on Mueller must be reported to the relevant house committees. This will likely play out in a very public sorta way.

The general theory is a President can delay the inevitable in an investigation, but he can't stop it in the long term. The Saturday Night Massacre likely bought Nixon 2–3 more months, but didn't stop it.

Nobody knows what Mueller has or has not found, but the WH behavior on this is odd. As Trey Gowdie says "If the White House is innocent, they need to start acting like it".

Reactions: Bill4411
We're watching obstruction of justice in real time. Trump is panicking and the rule of law is under threat.

The optics are awful given how public Withaker has been on calling Mueller a lynch mob, writing articles about how to stop the investigation and a host of other public pronouncements.

This is the kind of thing Don Mcgahn or Ty Cobb would have shot down instantly. There is no longer any lawyers on the inside that can stop Trump from diving into the legal/political deep-end.

You only do this if you're scared of what an investigation will uncover. If Trump and his inner circle are innocent, then this is an insanely stupid move. It will bog DC to a hault and now guarantee an investigation.

Trumpers won't care. Currently working through their potential talking points on /r/The_Donald. The most upvoted ones will make their way to Twitter, which will then feed over to Fox News hosts and conservative talk radio.

And now Rosenstein has apparently been pulled off the Mueller probe, in favor of Whitaker, who has been very public about his desire to stop the investigation.

This seems like a HUGE risk by Trump on a number of fronts, both legal and politically. I suppose that given Don Jr now telling Mueller will indict him at any moment and Assange/Stone likely to be likewise hit, it makes sense in a very narrow, Nixonian frame of mind.

With Dems now in charge of the House, Nader and Schiff can drill Whitaker to the wall on any attempt to impede the investigation. Also remember, by rule, any limitits imposed by the DOJ on Mueller must be reported to the relevant house committees. This will likely play out in a very public sorta way.

The general theory is a President can delay the inevitable in an investigation, but he can't stop it in the long term. The Saturday Night Massacre likely bought Nixon 2–3 more months, but didn't stop it.

Nobody knows what Mueller has or has not found, but the WH behavior on this is odd. As Trey Gowdie says "If the White House is innocent, they need to start acting like it".
Session's time was up long ago when he recused himself from the Mueller witch hunt. Nice guy, but not qualified for the position. Hopefully Trump brings in Trey Gowdy to replace Jeff as the permanent AG.

The "probe" has cost everyone enough money and if they have any critical information to incriminate President Trump, show your cards.

Session's time was up long ago when he recused himself from the Mueller witch hunt. Nice guy, but not qualified for the position. Hopefully Trump brings in Trey Gowdy to replace Jeff as the permanent AG.

The "probe" has cost everyone enough money and if they have any critical information to incriminate President Trump, show your cards.
So who had TwinDegrees at 5:29pm in the pool?

Lol. This has been the most ridiculous argument against Sessions by Trump.

Exactly how......EXACTLY.......could Sessions, when he was hired, have told Trump he was going to recuse himself from the Mueller probe........when the Mueller probe started months after Sessions was hired as AG? Lol. Trump has said that all along and it still makes no sense.

Sh!t is about to get real.

One hell of a presser today. Calling out pubs who lost, "didn't want the embrace", was truly historic. Threatening to sic the senate on dems if the house starts investigations.

Two of my favorites.
"We've had tremendous support, and tremendous support in the Republican Party, among the biggest support in the history of the party. I've actually heard at 93%, it's a record, but I won't say that, because who knows?"

"You can't do them simultaneously, by the way. Just think, if somebody said 'Oh, you can do them,' no you can't. Cause if they're doing that, we're not doing the other, just so you understand."

Where was it stated that Rosenstein was pulled off the Mueller probe? Pure speculation? Seems like you're making a big leap here....

Firing Sessions is at the President's discretion. With his executive powers, he's entirely within his rights to have people in his cabinet he wants. Sessions offered to resign twice before in 2017. This move was not a surprise in the least.

Also, the Ds are not in charge of the House until January, right? The 116th Congress is in place starting January 3, 2019.

Chuck Schumer is such a p.o.s. Here is what he said about Sessions 1 year+ ago. So which is it, Chuck? Sessions is bad choice for AG or Trump crossed a "red line" for getting rid of him?

Last edited:
Reactions: pboiler18
The optics are awful given how public Withaker has been on calling Mueller a lynch mob, writing articles about how to stop the investigation and a host of other public pronouncements.

This is the kind of thing Don Mcgahn or Ty Cobb would have shot down instantly. There is no longer any lawyers on the inside that can stop Trump from diving into the legal/political deep-end.

You only do this if you're scared of what an investigation will uncover. If Trump and his inner circle are innocent, then this is an insanely stupid move. It will bog DC to a hault and now guarantee an investigation.
How many times do we have to go over this crap again? The Mueller investigation was started on false pretenses to begin with. (The bogus Russian golden shower dossier.) It was supposed to be about Russian collusion by the Trump campaign. It morphed into something completely different when nothing was found about Trump himself. Mueller told him twice that he was not the target of the investigation. The indictments handed down against Manafort, Page, etc., have nothing to do with the Trump campaign. The charges were for things prior to their time on the Trump campaign. For Manafort, it wasn't even about the Russians - it was the Ukrainians.

Mueller just has to release his report on this sham. It is supposed to come out soon - in the next couple of months. I'm sure that the Ds will try to use whatever is in the report as a cudgel against Trump and will yell IMPEACH! IMPEACH!

Reactions: Purdue97
How many times do we have to go over this crap again? The Mueller investigation was started on false pretenses to begin with. (The bogus Russian golden shower dossier.) It was supposed to be about Russian collusion by the Trump campaign. It morphed into something completely different when nothing was found about Trump himself. Mueller told him twice that he was not the target of the investigation. The indictments handed down against Manafort, Page, etc., have nothing to do with the Trump campaign. The charges were for things prior to their time on the Trump campaign. For Manafort, it wasn't even about the Russians - it was the Ukrainians.

Mueller just has to release his report on this sham. It is supposed to come out soon - in the next couple of months. I'm sure that the Ds will try to use whatever is in the report as a cudgel against Trump and will yell IMPEACH! IMPEACH!
Sham? You say I make "leaps", but you apparently know more than Mueller and us to state with resolute confidence this is a sham before the report? You may be right, but as you say, we'll only know after Mueller submits his report. That's the concern...people trying to muck this up in such a way as to influence or impede the process for gathering the details of that report. It seems like Trumpers have this manner of a two pronged approach...one good and one bad. The good being that Trump's innocent until proven guilty and focusing on the fact that indeed, nothing to date links Trump to Russian collusion...to date. The bad one seems like an odd reguritation of "it was a sham justification for the council's appointment" and "the bogus dossier", etc...almost seeming to say "well if Trump does pull out all the stops to destroy the probe, it's totally ok because of the aforementioned problems with the SC appointment in the first place".

I agree the D's need to tread carefully on the Mueller results and the decision to impeach. They need to think of what is our "hurdle" for calling for impachement? Would it need to be as bad as proof positive that Trump knowing conspired with the Russians? Would it be enough that a big chunk of his inner circle conspired with the Russians, but he didn't personally? What if they find him innocent on the question of collusion, but he gets hit on financial crimes? That's what Dems and Senate Rs need to consider...what is the legal hurdle for evidence to say go/no-go on impeachment?

Where was it stated that Rosenstein was pulled off the Mueller probe? Pure speculation? Seems like you're making a big leap here....
According to reports from media
"The Acting Attorney General is in charge of all matters under the purview of the Department of Justice," a spokeswoman for the department said Wednesday when asked if Whitaker would oversee Mueller's investigation.
Maybe Rosenstein will be left in some supervisory capacity but it's pretty clear DOJ views Whitaker in charge of it.
-
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/07/tru...ke-over-mueller-probe-oversight-nbc-news.html

Reactions: Scheffler90

Firing Sessions is at the President's discretion. With his executive powers, he's entirely within his rights to have people in his cabinet he wants. Sessions offered to resign twice before in 2017. This move was not a surprise in the least.

Also, the Ds are not in charge of the House until January, right? The 116th Congress is in place starting January 3, 2019.

Chuck Schumer is such a p.o.s. Here is what he said about Sessions 1 year+ ago. So which is it, Chuck? Sessions is bad choice for AG or Trump crossed a "red line" for getting rid of him?

I'm not leaping.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/07/rod-rosenstein-no-longer-overseeing-russia-probe/

If there’s proof that Trump colluded with the Russians, it will come out and he’ll be impeached. If not, he won’t. I would prefer Pence as president anyway.

Interesting that you point out how the investigation has "morphed into something completely different."

I've been listening to the second season of the Slow Burn podcast, which dives deep on the Clinton/Lewinsky Scandal of the 90s. In one of the episodes, they talk about how Ken Starr's investigation was supposed to be about Whitewater, but he shifted directions to the Lewinsky thing because he was determined to "get" Clinton for something. It's a fascinating counterpoint to all the GOP hand wringing about Mueller. Many of the same people crying about Mueller were cheering Starr (and, to be fair, many of the same people who cried about Starr are now cheering on Mueller).

It's yet another symptom of how broken and hypocritical our entire political system has become. If you want a perfect example of this, go look up what Bill Bennett had to say about Clinton and honesty in the oval office and compare it to what Bennett has to say about Trump.

Why can't we just have people with the integrity to be consistent in their beliefs and actions?

Reactions: kescwi
So Rettig writes an op-ed that the IRS should not release Trump's tax returns, Trump makes him head of the IRS. Whitaker writes an op-ed saying Mueller should be reigned in, Trump makes him acting Attorney General. Ronny Jackson gives Trump a glowing bill of health and he tries to make him head of the VA. His personal pilot was on the short list to head the FAA. It's almost like flattery of Trump is the biggest qualification one can have.

Reactions: BuilderBob6
If there’s proof that Trump colluded with the Russians, it will come out and he’ll be impeached. If not, he won’t. I would prefer Pence as president anyway.

I think most people clamoring for the ouster of Trump don't understand that the Presidency then doesn't go to the 2nd place finisher....

Say what you want about Pence's personal beliefs but you're not going to find him caught up in some Russia-Gate or Lewinsky type scandal.

. It's almost like flattery of Trump is the biggest qualification one can have.
even Rs must express fealty to trump.

as trump voiced his displeasure and went down the lengthy list of Rs who all lost midterm races because they did not fully embrace him. they were not trumplicans.

So Rettig writes an op-ed that the IRS should not release Trump's tax returns, Trump makes him head of the IRS. Whitaker writes an op-ed saying Mueller should be reigned in, Trump makes him acting Attorney General. Ronny Jackson gives Trump a glowing bill of health and he tries to make him head of the VA. His personal pilot was on the short list to head the FAA. It's almost like flattery of Trump is the biggest qualification one can have.
Foreign despots have picked up on that too.

Flattery will get you everywhere with this insecure narcissist.

Reactions: atmafola
even Rs must express fealty to trump.

as trump voiced his displeasure and went down the lengthy list of Rs who all lost midterm races because they did not fully embrace him. they were not trumplicans.
NeverTrumper politicians are going the way of the dodo bird. There aren’t many left.

NeverTrumper politicians are going the way of the dodo bird. There aren’t many left.
They have all made enough money and can afford to leave. They are very fortunate to be able to do that. They will all go out on the lecture circuit and write books. It is amazing how on the salaries they make as congressmen, senators, and presidents, how their net worth is 50 to 500 million.

Foreign despots have picked up on that too.

Flattery will get you everywhere with this insecure narcissist.
Most Presidents are narcissists. Obama certainly was. Clinton was. GWB was. Trump might be a little more narcissistic but he hasn’t cornered the market on it, that’s for damn sure. You just don’t like Trump’s style so you constantly fixate on it and give his predecessors a pass.

if they are defined as those who happen to lose, sure ha.

what about the numerous people who were selected by trump, but have since quit/fired. how are they defined or classified?

Reactions: MANelson85
Most Presidents are narcissists. Obama certainly was. Clinton was. GWB was. Trump might be a little more narcissistic but he hasn’t cornered the market on it, that’s for damn sure. You just don’t like Trump’s style so you constantly fixate on it and give his predecessors a pass.
I don't know if they were or not. If they were, they didn't demonstrate it on a daily basis like Trump does. Check out his presser just yesterday. Those reps that lost did so because they didn't "embrace" Trump. HE retired Jeff Flake.

" I Iknow more about renewables than any human being on Earth."

"I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world. Nobody knows more about taxes." —

"Nobody knows banking better than I do" —

"Nobody knows more about trade than me."

"Nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump."

"There's nobody bigger or better at the military than I am." —

"I know more about ISIS [the Islamic State militant group] than the generals do. Believe me." —

Would you like more? Sell your bullshit somewhere else. You are Trump's bitch with no desire at all to be honest with yourself. History will judge Trump.......badly.

I don't know if they were or not. If they were, they didn't demonstrate it on a daily basis like Trump does. Check out his presser just yesterday. Those reps that lost did so because they didn't "embrace" Trump. HE retired Jeff Flake.

"I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world. Nobody knows more about taxes." —

"Nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump."

"I know more about ISIS [the Islamic State militant group] than the generals do. Believe me." —

Would you like more? Sell your bullshit somewhere else. You are Trump's bitch with no desire at all to be honest with yourself. History will judge Trump.......badly.
Actually, you are Trump’s bitch because you are absolutely obsessed with him. Your hatred of him obviously consumes you. Your TDS is exposed every.damn.day.

I’ve said repeatedly on here that Trump has some obvious character flaws. You never acknowledge this.

Still, I’d rather have a pompous narcissist as President who actually does what he says he will do or at least tries to do what he said he would, instead of some smooth-tongued devil who promises the world and then delivers on little or non of it, like most Establishment politicians do.

Reactions: herrli and Purdue97

This thread is a bit mind boggling. The new AG is an acting AG, not the permanent one. Rosenstein was not pulled off the case. Trumps quotes the other day were quite to the contrary. He repeated that he does not care much about the Russia investigation because nothing will be found. He did seem more contentious about tax returns. And we all know how Dems treat red lines.

I think most people clamoring for the ouster of Trump don't understand that the Presidency then doesn't go to the 2nd place finisher....

Say what you want about Pence's personal beliefs but you're not going to find him caught up in some Russia-Gate or Lewinsky type scandal.

I will add to that. If one thinks Kavanaugh and Gorsuch are conservative one has seen nothing. I am certain that is why Dems may investigate, go ahead with impeachment knowing it will not get by Senate, but do not really want Trump out of office.

You know if they are or not. You just do not want to admit it. You have a problem with projection. See issues with lying and Russia that I brought up with you before. Obama in Florida campaign speech used I, myself, and my 80 times in 10 minutes.

Politics and narcissism go hand in hand. One has to think like that to think they have the answers for everybody.

Here is his State of the Union Comparison. That said, I, myself, and me might be narcissistic, but it more associated with depression/distress.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/ego...-times-as-often-as-trump-in-first-sotu-speech

Reactions: SDBoiler1
You know if they are or not. You just do not want to admit it. You have a problem with projection. See issues with lying and Russia that I brought up with you before. Obama in Florida campaign speech used I, myself, and my 80 times in 10 minutes.

Politics and narcissism go hand in hand. One has to think like that to think they have the answers for everybody.

Here is his State of the Union Comparison. That said, I, myself, and me might be narcissistic, but it more associated with depression/distress.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/ego...-times-as-often-as-trump-in-first-sotu-speech
Sounds like that article is factual, he used I or me nearly 100 times and Trump only 1/4 as much. AND? WHAT?!! Because Obama referred to himself a lot in some speeches means his narcissism equals that of Trump?

" The hallmarks of Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) are grandiosity, a lack of empathy for other people, and a need for admiration. People with this condition are frequently described as arrogant, self-centered, manipulative, and demanding. They may also concentrate on grandiose fantasies (e.g. their own success, beauty, brilliance) and may be convinced that they deserve special treatment.
Individuals with NPD seek excessive admiration and attention in order to know that others think highly of them. Individuals with narcissistic personality disorder have difficulty tolerating criticism or defeat, and may be left feeling humiliated or empty when they experience an "injury" in the form of criticism or rejection.”

Lol. How much of that sounds like Trump?

Since you were kind enough to tell me my problem, let me tell you yours.......and all the other default defenders of Trump. False equivalence. All powerful people are narcissists to some degree......but that's the key word, degree. It doesn't mean all narcissists are created equal. Trump's crowds are bigger, his lines are longer, his brain is bigger. In the history of the world, his accomplishments are always the greatest. You know exactly what I'm talking about but for some reason you just can't admit it.

It's the same with the lies. The standard reply from Trumpers is "all politicians lie". Of course they do but Trump has taken it to a new level and you know it. Fact check sites are setting traffic records because of this guy. And since people like you refuse to call him out, he keeps lying to you. There is no equivalence here, not even close.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411 and indy35
today:
"I dont know Matt Whitaker"

last month:
"I can tell you Matt Whitaker is a great guy, I know Matt Whitaker,"
Just another lie that Trumpers don't care about.

He knows him, he knows Whitaker has been angling for a position in this admin, he knows what Whitaker has said about the Mueller investigation. That's why he put him in the position. This is checkers, not chess. We'll see if the legal challenges go anywhere.

Reactions: indy35
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT