ADVERTISEMENT

Shame we can't fire the fans...

EastCoastBoiler

True Freshman
Feb 6, 2010
...who continue to accept mediocrity by donating to the JPC club; who continue to accept mediocrity by going to games; who continue to accept mediocrity by being happy with OT wins over other shitty programs.

You people hold us back. Get lost.

Reactions: cjf04 and ahhculdee
...who continue to accept mediocrity by donating to the JPC club; who continue to accept mediocrity by going to games; who continue to accept mediocrity by being happy with OT wins over other shitty programs.

You most likely couldn't afford to do any of the above from your moms basement anyhow.

Reactions: TC4THREE
Lol you are making a spectacle of yourself.

Supporting my team and being realistic? Ok...

We look bad today. We aren't deep at all. It's clear.

Firing the coach to make yourself feel better at this point is silly. The team isn't going to get better without Hazell this year. Fire him when we are out of it and move on.

We fire him this week and you'll want the quality control GA fired next week and then the AD fired the next for not having a football coach to coach the team.

Supporting my team and being realistic? Ok...

We look bad today. We aren't deep at all. It's clear.

Firing the coach to make yourself feel better at this point is silly. The team isn't going to get better without Hazell this year. Fire him when we are out of it and move on.

We fire him this week and you'll want the quality control GA fired next week and then the AD fired the next for not having a football coach to coach the team.
You're not seriously saying we're still in it, are you?

Reactions: cjf04

Purdue has to have fans to fire them first. Good point though because right, these idiots act like they've won the Super Bowl because of an OT win against Illinois. It just shows how embarrassed they are because they can say we aren't that bad. We at least have one big ten win. That is their attitude. It is the coaches attitude. It is their attitude. The JPC is not the club to be in nor to rely on to make decisions to better Purdue football. I'd rather be at the dance club later tonight than the JPclub.

Reactions: EastCoastBoiler
News flash, we can't make a bowl.
That's what they said about Hopes 2012 team when we were 3-6.

Doesn't hurt to let him try then cut him loose when he can't.

The only thing firing him now does is make you feel better about yourself when you cry into your pillow at night.

The only thing firing him now does is make you feel better about yourself when you cry into your pillow at night.
LOL- you are serious!

Reactions: cjf04

Hazell needs fired right now today. Firing Hope at the end of the season led to hiring Hazell. Purdue needs to announce the position is open and begin NOW. The new coach needs to come in now and take over the recruiting so that next year's team has at least a chance to build momentum.

Reactions: cjf04 and pu1985
Hazell needs fired right now today. Firing Hope at the end of the season led to hiring Hazell. Purdue needs to announce the position is open and begin NOW. The new coach needs to come in now and take over the recruiting so that next year's team has at least a chance to build momentum.

That's not how it works. No matter what, our new coach won't be hired until after November. No coach is going to leave their current team mid season.

If he stays at least he won't be getting our money from the comfort of his couch on Saturdays

Have been a season ticket holder for both FB and BB since the late 80's. Have club seats for both sports since they came into existence. I dropped my JPC donation this year to the minimum amount required, down well over $2000 dollars a year. I did not renew my BB tickets which were about $8k per season. Next year will be the last year of my contract for FB tickets and I will not renew. My education from Purdue University has served me and my two Purdue alum kids extremely well. I will continue to donate generously to the university, but not to the athletic department.

I am going to continue to support this team no matter who is our head coach. A change NEEDS to be made, but are you really a true fan by saying we can't support our team and be happy we won a conference game? As boilers, we need something positive to build on. OP, your negativity is something you can continue to live with, but it does no good in being in that state of mind.

Reactions: rgarlitz
We've had that argument many times

How much change can be created/initiated if there is no change in fans financial support etc

Let's never compare hope firing situation with Hazel. Hope was a few games out of .500. He wasn't fired because he couldn't win 6 games. He was fired because he would get blown out by 50 pts amidst every big game. 3 wins doubles Hazel wins at Purdue? At this point he isn't going to win the 8 games he would need to stay as our hc.

Nope. I've owned for several years and have gained substantial property value in doing so. I'll have pocketed roughly $80,000 when I sell.

Keep reaching for straws, asshole.

My one story ranch will sell for $150k more than I paid for it when I'm ready to move on in 3 years.

I don't live in Indiana

I own over an acre within a major metropolitan area before the age of 30. You're picking the wrong fight.

You're better off self hating here instead of directing your hate towards me.

Pboiler18 is right. All firing the coach right now does is appease some of our butthurt fans (many in this thread).

Yet you certainly cared enough about it to respond, Nancy. Have fun falling asleep alone tonight!

Wow, EastCoastBoiler, you really come off as a child. PBoiler18 and TC4three are right. A little bit of tradition and the 25K loyal fans who still attend are all this program has left -- and we need that to build on. A completely empty stadium would only make it harder to recruit a good replacement for Hazell. And don't suggest the loyal fans are satisfied just because they still attend games.

Leroy Keyes and Bob Griese were in attendance today, and they're both JPC members.
Are they also part of the problem?!

Grow up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT