ADVERTISEMENT

Roy Williams 'dumbfounded' by college basketball scandal

I'm dumbfounded that he is dumbfounded.

Actually, I am not. He apparently thinks that because he is a "legendary" coach at a "legendary" program that we are all just hanging on his every word as if it were gospel. Frankly, over the last year or two it seems to becoming more and more likely that all along, the best coaches were really just the best cheaters. And that is sad, because college basketball is my favorite sport.

Of course he is dumbfounded. What else would he say with his 5 star Freshman phenom Nasir Little's name being dropped left and right in the FBI investigation?

The NCAA let Sexton and Ayton play last year. So if Roy turns his head and plays dumb, he can let Little help him get another ACC title and Final Four. No integrity or respect for that guy after this and the academic scandal.

Reactions: echs86 and Schnelk
"Ahm sa gwarsh-darn upset that Ah may have to limit mah-self tuh two Co-Colers and one Moon Pie fuh lunch bafore mah Aferkin-Merican Studies leck-shure tuh-day."
deputy-dog-5.gif

reminds me of the bobby bowden skit
Tim wilson did on bob & tom

"they did. they did. but theyre good kids"

Tarkanian said thirty years or so ago that 9 out of 10 programs cheat and the one who doesn't is in last place.
Studies show that most people think they are "normal". If they are doing something wrong, then everyone else is doing it, too. If they lie or cheat, everyone does it. Because Tark was a cheater, he assumed everyone else was cheating.

Reactions: mathboy
Studies show that most people think they are "normal". If they are doing something wrong, then everyone else is doing it, too. If they lie or cheat, everyone does it. Because Tark was a cheater, he assumed everyone else was cheating.
There is a lot of truth in this. Cheaters justify their actions by thinking that everyone else is cheating too. Bank robbers will tell you that banks rob people, so it's okay to rob them back. You guys have seen the same thing in politics as well. If you don't have a strong moral compass, you do what is expedient and justify it by saying "everyone else is doing it".

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I agree however Tarkanian was being sarcastic in that instance and he did win his lawsuit against the NCAA. I believe, although it's been a long time, that Tarkanian was the guy who said if X program (big time school) got busted some small school would pay the price.

Reactions: PU pit bull
Daggum, I can't beee-leeeeeve it. Why, I never.....I mean this is an OUTRAGE, sir.......I Deeee-mannnd satisfaction and an investigation into this prepostorusss situation.

giphy.gif

Reactions: PU pit bull
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT