ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Your recruiting class this year was terrible and part of the reason was CAM. He's trashing your program and the kids are listening. Archie could be a blessing in disguise for you all. His success over the next 3 or 4 years will be shadowed by your failure which will lead to Painter being fired. I think Painter is a pretty good coach but he just can't consistently bring in enough good recruits to take it to the next level. As Archie wins wins and wins some more, and Purdue doesn't, he will be let go and then you can go out and potentially find someone better. It is what it is.

Your recruiting class this year was terrible and part of the reason was CAM. He's trashing your program and the kids are listening. Archie could be a blessing in disguise for you all. His success over the next 3 or 4 years will be shadowed by your failure which will lead to Painter being fired. I think Painter is a pretty good coach but he just can't consistently bring in enough good recruits to take it to the next level. As Archie wins wins and wins some more, and Purdue doesn't, he will be let go and then you can go out and potentially find someone better. It is what it is.

First, CMP's program isn't "trash." 30-7 this year with a school-record 19-straight wins? B10 regular-season champs by 2 games the year before? How did IU compare in that time span?

Sure, Archie is going to sell IU as compared to his in-state competitor. I'd expect nothing less. Good for him.

But if the kids he is selling think PU's program is "trash," they are dumb enough for me to ask why PU wants them.

Reactions: joseole101
Are you trying to say that Romeo was paid to go to IU? He's just a year away from being a multi millionaire ya know and he's not from the gutter. He's not the type of kid that would take what Adidas was giving. It wouldn't make any sense to.

You do realize that somebody in the same class that is ranked higher, Little, was found to have taken money from Arizona in the FBI probe right?

I am not saying he took money, but I am also not going to ignore all of the signs. Painter has said in previous interviews that when he finds out a kid is wanting financial benefit, he immediately moves on.
Again, Painter never hinted at foul play, nor would he. But he knew there was no way he was getting Romeo incredibly early.

First, CMP's program isn't "trash." 30-7 this year with a school-record 19-straight wins? B10 regular-season champs by 2 games the year before? How did IU compare in that time span?

Sure, Archie is going to sell IU as compared to his in-state competitor. I'd expect nothing less. Good for him.

But if the kids he is selling think PU's program is "trash," they are dumb enough for me to ask why PU wants them.
I didn't say that your program was trash. I'm saying I'm sure CAM is talking bad about Purdue while recruiting in the Midwest and apparently it's working. Phinisee, Hunter, and Anderson are guys you have to get but didn't. We'll see what happens in the 2019 class.

Last edited:
You do realize that somebody in the same class that is ranked higher, Little, was found to have taken money from Arizona in the FBI probe right?

I am not saying he took money, but I am also not going to ignore all of the signs. Painter has said in previous interviews that when he finds out a kid is wanting financial benefit, he immediately moves on.
Again, Painter never hinted at foul play, nor would he. But he knew there was no way he was getting Romeo incredibly early.
I just don't think his family would do that but who knows, I guess.

Is Billy Donovan still on campus LOL? IU fans are entertaining, I'll give them that.
I got the coach I wanted and so far so good. No one expected anything last year but this year is different. 21-11 and a first rd exit to me would be a failure. Unless of course injuries come into play.

I got the coach I wanted and so far so good. No one expected anything last year but this year is different. 21-11 and a first rd exit to me would be a failure. Unless of course injuries come into play.
Actually, much of your fan base expected to squeak into the tourney. Not sure how a 16-15 record while getting dumptrucked at home by IPFW and Indiana St. and losing convincingly to Rutgers in BTT is "so far so good."

Reactions: PUQBMan.
You're seriously saying this crap after Painter just won 30 games, nearly twice as many as the great CAM, and Indiana missed the tourney for the second straight season? This is the type of lunacy that makes it impossible to have a reasonable conversation with IU fans. Painter is going to be at Purdue for as long as he wants. Fact is, IU is considered a blueblood and over the past 15 years has a winning percentage of just over .500. That is unbelievably awful. No blueblood has ever been that mediocre for that long. No program that has been such trash the last two seasons like yours should be talking shit, especially on another team's board.

You're seriously saying this crap after Painter just won 30 games, nearly twice as many as the great CAM, and Indiana missed the tourney for the second straight season? This is the type of lunacy that makes it impossible to have a reasonable conversation with IU fans. Painter is going to be at Purdue for as long as he wants. Fact is, IU is considered a blueblood and over the past 15 years has a winning percentage of just over .500. That is unbelievably awful. No blueblood has ever been that mediocre for that long. No program that has been such trash the last two seasons like yours should be talking shit, especially on another team's board.
Delusional bunch!!!

Also, I have to say. You don't win the conference ever again under Painter or make another S16. I could be wrong but with IU coming back it will hurt Painter's recruiting. Go get someone young and hungry that better recruits want to pay for. It's not like you can afford to pa
Actually, much of your fan base expected to squeak into the tourney. Not sure how a 16-15 record while getting dumptrucked at home by IPFW and Indiana St. and losing convincingly to Rutgers in BTT is "so far so good."
You have no idea what you're talking about. If IU stays healthy and only wins 20 games next year I'll come back here and say that I was wrong but I know I won't have to.

Also, I have to say. You don't win the conference ever again under Painter or make another S16. I could be wrong but with IU coming back it will hurt Painter's recruiting. Go get someone young and hungry that better recruits want to pay for. It's not like you can afford to pa

You have no idea what you're talking about. If IU stays healthy and only wins 20 games next year I'll come back here and say that I was wrong but I know I won't have to.
Fryer down again? Maybe grab a broom? Challenge yourself.

Top Set, I am understanding from your comment, and I note that on the other rivals site you are referred to as being knowledgeable by those there, that Miller is using negative recruiting against Purdue.

It is ironic that when that very charge was made previously by some here, the IU faithful denounced it as fantasy. I guess that it is now accepted as true. Given the apparent facts, I am sure that if Painter chose to use those very tactics against IU, it would be OK with you and the brethren. (Somehow I would predict indignation but what do I know?)

I also note that you are not banned here despite your prediction/hope? that you would be.

There isn't much coming back for IU to be optimistic about. Hunter and Romeo are going to be good but they are just freshman. Anderson can shoot, but can he defend? At this point, I would say IU winning a single game in the tournament is optimistic. Maybe little Archie can put all the pieces together and surprise everybody. But, if he doesn't, that rope is going to get really short really quick.

Top Set, I am understanding from your comment, and I note that on the other rivals site you are referred to as being knowledgeable by those there, that Miller is using negative recruiting against Purdue.

It is ironic that when that very charge was made previously by some here, the IU faithful denounced it as fantasy. I guess that it is now accepted as true. Given the apparent facts, I am sure that if Painter chose to use those very tactics against IU, it would be OK with you and the brethren. (Somehow I would predict indignation but what do I know?)

I also note that you are not banned here despite your prediction/hope? that you would be.
I guess it’s our Purdue mentality that prevents us from being able to step back and appreciate and be as impressed with TopSet as he is himself. Someone associated with IU basketball chose to grace us with his presence, knowledge, and perspective. I’m truly humbled.

"Next year!" That is what IU basketball is now. "Look at our talent!" Just over .500 winning percentage. Yeah. Utter nonsense. Posting to elicit a reaction is typical. Go find a basketball to piss on, and you'll be doing the IU delusional a favor. Cutting to the chase.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Blackmon a 5-star? I think that it is reasonable to say that he did not perform over his career as predicted by the IU brethren. My point is that just because someone is a 5-star coming into college, he need not turn out to be a great player. Romeo may be great, but maybe he won't be. The proof will be in the pudding but nothing is pre-ordained.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
You are an idiot!

You expecting another Big Movement at IU? I am.

You are an idiot!
Of course your going to think CAM is good after putting up with Crean, but after watching him blow the Ohio st. game and loses to FT.Wayne and Rutgers, you might out recruit us but we will still win more than you will. P.S Any high school coach would of made sure to run a play to take the last shot with no time left for OSU.

Of course your going to think CAM is good after putting up with Crean, but after watching him blow the Ohio st. game and loses to FT.Wayne and Rutgers, you might out recruit us but we will still win more than you will. P.S Any high school coach would of made sure to run a play to take the last shot with no time left for OSU.
He did as much with last years team as anyone could have

False. Did you see what Jeff Brohm did with the complete lack of talent at Purdue? Brohm would have at least gotten an NIT bid.

Then what happened to Painter in his first year (well technically his 2nd year on the bench. He was with the team a full year & recruiting before his first season)? Do you have short term memory? Painter won 9 games total!!! (3 B10 games). PU had terrible losses including Evansville, Loyola (IL) and a 40 point loss to FSU. Don’t give me the typical PU injury excuse as AM lost his only big man last year and he was finally improving in season before the injury. Lots of coaches have a tough year transitioning in their first year or 2nd year if you want to include Matt in the discussion. Sean Miller had the exact same record at AZ as Archie did in his first year at IU. In year 2, sean won 30 games. I know I present facts so my post will get trashed but that’s cool. Facts are facts.

Reactions: TopSet80
Facts are facts.
Cool story brah.

1st - we weren't talking about Painters record in his first few years.
2nd - You and your uncle cousins came onto our board to discuss how great Archie is
3rd - Archie was middle of the pack coach at Dayton.

Lastly - proof will be in the pudding to see how well this AmAZIng ClAss iS GoiNG To BE. I realize the Indy Star has now written 20 articles about it since this post started.

Cool story brah.

1st - we weren't talking about Painters record in his first few years.
2nd - You and your uncle cousins came onto our board to discuss how great Archie is
3rd - Archie was middle of the pack coach at Dayton.

Lastly - proof will be in the pudding to see how well this AmAZIng ClAss iS GoiNG To BE. I realize the Indy Star has now written 20 articles about it since this post started.

It’s not a story, it’s facts. You just tried to compare Brohm to AM...Yeah, it’s real tough to win 6 in the BIGW. Now that’s a cool story, at least I compare apple to apples and not bricks to apples.

Middle of the pack coach at Dayton, tell that to Dayton fans. He only holds Dayton’s only 2 A10 Conf titles which he won his last 2 years there and the schools only 3rd E8 ever. Yeah, he was so middle of the pack. Dumb.

Last, all the trailer talk makes sense from PU fans as WL’s county has the largest population of trailers in the state. Talk about ironic. Keep talking...

It’s not a story, it’s facts. You just tried to compare Brohm to AM...Yeah, it’s real tough to win 6 in the BIGW. Now that’s a cool story, at least I compare apple to apples and not bricks to apples
So EaSY YoU OnLY Won 5 last year. And the only guy to win 6 back to back you FIRED.

He only holds Dayton’s only 2 A10 Conf titles which he won his last 2 years there and the schools only 3rd E8 ever. Yeah, he was so middle of the pack. Dumb
aND HE Lost in the 1st RounD HiS Last 2 TRies. SorRY thAT IsN'T GooD

Reactions: BoiledSteel

PU insecurity at its best... that’s why H&R’s Romeo article had 600 comments while the other 8 PU articles had less than 400 comments combined. The IndyStar understand PU fans would rather read about IU than PU. Very smart on their part, you understand clicks matter. It is a business after all.

So EaSY YoU OnLY Won 5 last year. And the only guy to win 6 back to back you FIRED.

aND HE Lost in the 1st RounD HiS Last 2 TRies. SorRY thAT IsN'T GooD
Remind me of Painter tourney success... oh yeah, he has none. 40 years is approschicing fast....

It’s not a story, it’s facts. You just tried to compare Brohm to AM...Yeah, it’s real tough to win 6 in the BIGW. Now that’s a cool story, at least I compare apple to apples and not bricks to apples.

Middle of the pack coach at Dayton, tell that to Dayton fans. He only holds Dayton’s only 2 A10 Conf titles which he won his last 2 years there and the schools only 3rd E8 ever. Yeah, he was so middle of the pack. Dumb. Keep talking...

Hoogolf, I hate to present logic to you but I will try:

Whatever success Miller had with Dayton has/had nothing to do with Dayton being middle of the pack in their conference. While you are correct to point out that Miller achieved the apex of Dayton's success that does not disprove the contention that Dayton is middle of the pack (historically) in their conference. Both statements can be simultaneously true.

Miller's 0-9 record against tournament teams suggests he wins only when he has a talent advantage. Recognizing that the B1G was very bifurcated last year at least raises the possibility that the league standings are not as accurate a predictor of the future as you seem to believe.

Reactions: Knights2715
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT