ADVERTISEMENT

Ranks 1-3 lose

Emartin70287

Sophomore
Nov 17, 2015
Doesn't make me feel too much better, but interesting how this probably means Purdue stays number #1 next week. 2 loss #4 Uconn isn't going to jump Purdue.

Dang bloodbath on the road for high ranked teams the last two nights! I will give credit to NIL for one thing it helps keep some of the fringe NBA or Europe guys in college longer becuase of the $$$ and being able to stay in the states. Parody this year is great. Lots of really good teams. Tournament should be nuts as always.

Dang bloodbath on the road for high ranked teams the last two nights! I will give credit to NIL for one thing it helps keep some of the fringe NBA or Europe guys in college longer becuase of the $$$ and being able to stay in the states. Parody this year is great. Lots of really good teams. Tournament should be nuts as always.
I would counter with the fringe nba guys all played for the teams that lost. I think it’s more the transfer rules allowing kids to transfer wherever is what’s helping teams. Apparently, some article said after a crazy tournament, usually more chalk that wins than prior…I hope that’s wrong except for us 😂

#5 has lost this week too. #4 Uconn is in a battle right now as well. Might be a crazy week.

You have some parity for the top 70 or so teams. But how do you feel if you are say SIU? You hate the NIL. Its great for the teams at the top, but mis majors will never be able to compete like they could in years past. Fyi SIU lost Lance Jones obviously, but the guy from IL that scored 25 or so on us. They also have Xavier Johnson 25ppg. They would have a great team without NIL.

You have some parity for the top 70 or so teams. But how do you feel if you are say SIU? You hate the NIL. Its great for the teams at the top, but mis majors will never be able to compete like they could in years past. Fyi SIU lost Lance Jones obviously, but the guy from IL that scored 25 or so on us. They also have Xavier Johnson 25ppg. They would have a great team without NIL.
I don't really care about the sub 70 teams. A sub 70s team can still make a run in the NCAA tournament even in the land of NIL with the right culture and guys. And even before NIL, players were transferring from mid to high majors. It is what it is.

Purdue football is in the same boat as the "sub-70s" basketball teams. Purdue football will never win the BIG ten again much less a natty in my lifetime with the way the NIL rules are currently constructed. Its life now. Good for the players to get paid.

Honestly, if a university/college can't keep the doors open because the athletic department went into the tank, maybe they shouldn't be around or have as big of a footprint as they do. The purpose of a school is education.

Again good for the players to get theirs. Time to stop thinking about these corporate universities as victims.

Yes and hire knuckleheads to bring in more variation in players and approaches on offense and defense . It would be a lot more entertaining than watching Nebraska hitting everything. That got old real quick!
Just use zone. It worked for ucf vs KU

Purdue won’t be #1 next week. They were crushed, the other top 5 were in close games.
Ohhh no. Maybe we won’t get court stormed then 😏 😏

KU lost to a worse team and UT now has 4 losses.

I’m going to guess (pending none lose the rest of the week)
UConn, Houston, Purdue, UK and KU

Houston wasnt ahead of PU before their loss, why would their loss jump PU's loss. Uconn didn't lose, so maybe there is recency bias for losing teams, but UConn doesnt have the quality of wins PU has for a 2 loss team.

Butler beat #11 Marquette, and almost took down likely #1 UConn last week. Butler is having a fine year......oops wait forgot, we have to wait to March to determine that.

And Wisky won on road last night @ a tough OSU venue. Remarkablely, W is fun to watch this year.....not the plodding slow team they have been so many years. W keeps doing that they will be top 10, by the time we play them.

Last edited:
Butler beat #11 Marquette, and almost took down likely #1 UConn last week. Butler is having a fine year......oops wait forgot, we have to wait to March to determine that.
Shaka needs to really understand how to adjust since he continues to underwhelm with good teams during big east play and especially the tourney!!

Also, IU shoulda kept Matta 😂

Purdue won’t be #1 next week. They were crushed, the other top 5 were in close games.
Obviously dependent on what happens the rest of the week, but if none of them lose, Purdue, UConn and Kentucky for sure will get #1 votes. Houston might too. Kansas‘ loss was bad as UCF was projected to be the worst team in the B12.

The road in conference is a tough place to play no matter what conference you are in. 3 of our next 6 are road games including back to back with IU and Iowa. Got to be mentally tougher and show up ready to fight from the opening tip.

The road in conference is a tough place to play no matter what conference you are in. 3 of our next 6 are road games including back to back with IU and Iowa. Got to be mentally tougher and show up ready to fight from the opening tip.
Yes, this. With two losses already our margin for error is shrinking. Especially with bloody Wisconsin being 4-0.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
would rather be be top 10, don't need to be #1 now.

Agree.

But still Purdue needs a 6 game win streak going into Wisconsin game. There are teams there we should beat, and one team in particular I hope they dismantle.

Likely the 2 Wisconsin games are for the B10 championship.

Reactions: typeviic
Kansas should really be on a two game skid, having been beaten at home until the refs bailed them out with a dubious flagrant foul.

KY just lost to an unranked TXAM.....despite the best efforts of the refs @ the end in OT to keep KY in it. 5th top team to go down.

Called an offensive foul on a 3 pt shooter who hit a 3. As his leg went slightly forward, but not out of his cone.. on the jump. That call was crazy bad.

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT