ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Update on 2020's

oldboiler52

True Freshman
Jan 5, 2012
A lot to love with these three . I am not trying to be critical of anyone although it may come off that way .
Jaden Ivey the good : I am impressed with his maturity and will to win . He and Ethan both have the will to win in spades . His game is complete he can and will shoot from anywhere hits over 40 % would be slightly higher but he is the guy to have to force it up late . Great in the open court and usually has at least one high flying dunk per game . His game is similar to Eric's with a better jumping ability .
The bad : He has a tendency to take a back seat in games against lessor teams . He will come out and amaze you against the nations best and then goes on cruise control when he has a huge advantage . Gambles often on defense yes he gets away with it . But I can see it being a liability against D1 players .
My projection: is that he will have a tough battle with Eric for minutes at the 2 he can play 1-3 and will be an asset when on the floor rarely makes a turnover and has an advanced knowledge of the game the whole game . Kid has more than some Ray Davis in his game . He is my pick of the class which I rank along the line of the 2014's .

Ethan Morton the good : Kid is a Nojel Clone . Great defender even better rebounder . Great passer especially in the open court . Honestly I could have just said Nojel . I am referring to the hs Nojel mainly . Kid can take over a game and practically win single handedly . Talks like PJ on both ends of the court when it tips off he is locked in probably till the next day . Outstanding will to win ! he makes things happen when you think it can't . He makes his teammates better and is a coach on and off the court . He has the knack for drawing fouls which if used properly can effect many parts of a game .

The bad : Is really bad turnovers and lots of them more than once I have watched him turn it over five or more times a game . He tries to force his passes and while it produces some great high lights when it works IMO it doesn't work enough to give up that many possessions a game . He needs balance on his outside shot which is lacking mainly . I have seen him hit 3 three's in a row so when in rhythm he is capable .

My projection : Ethan has the best chance to play right away . He is going to be a special player at which position I have no clue . He plays center on defense and PG on offense ( Yes literally ) listed at 6'6 by his HS which seems about right has a build similar to Evan . We must have been his dream team kid loves to play physical without fouling like Nojel and like Nojel he never stops . IMO he is a warrior and leader players like him win !

Zach Edey the good : 7'3 he has learned that in his 3 years . He is Isaac's size with exceptional mobility . His help defense is outstanding his closeout when going for the shot block on three's is at least as good as Hammons . He owns the paint there is no pushing him out any shot from 10 ft in he will effect it . I can not say enough about his size yes we have had bigs many times but Zach is different he is scary BIG . Every time I have watched him he gets better . His switching on to a guard is a thing of beauty not only does he easily stay with them there is a whole lot of him to get around only to have him block your shot . Great free-throw shooter for a big he must shoot around 90 % from the field normally 10 ft or less .

The bad : He needs floor time . But by no stretch of the imagination is he a project .

Projection : Sky is the limit . Playing on a team with nothing but 4 and 5 star players who run on every play their shot clock is 10 seconds . Ranked top ten in the country they play a killer schedule .
He plays 15 minutes per game and they run . I have no clue how high his ceiling is . IMO he will challenge any and all for pt . When I first seen him I thought great Isaac 2.0 Painter knows just how to make that work . His game is much more mobile than Isaac and much much more physical than Haarms . So here's where I struggle with watching him IMG has no clue how to use him . Even if they did try telling a top 5 recruit your going to slow things down . He does well playing this style but the whole time I am wanting to see Isaac ball . If he doesn't succeed I will be shocked .

I really hope that Ethan is not a Nojel clone. Love that he is a good defender, but if he is as challenged offensively as Nojel is, this team will go nowhere with him at the point.
I was excited about Ethan, now I'm depressed I will have 4 more years of watching a guard that can't shoot...I hope the comparison to Eastern is completely wrong.

I was excited about Ethan, now I'm depressed I will have 4 more years of watching a guard that can't shoot...I hope the comparison to Eastern is completely wrong.
I am not sure that was a great comparison...for several reasons, including it leading to posts like this.

Morton, by all accounts, is a prototypical PG and floor leader...and, an actual leader. Yes, he struggles to shoot, but, he can handle and distribute the ball and run a team...those are not things that anybody does well right now for Purdue.

The issue is that he needs to be distributing it to guys that can shoot and score...and, Purdue does not have that right now...and I am not sure that they do a year from now either unfortunately.

I am not sure that was a great comparison...for several reasons, including it leading to posts like this.

Morton, by all accounts, is a prototypical PG and floor leader...and, an actual leader. Yes, he struggles to shoot, but, he can handle and distribute the ball and run a team...those are not things that anybody does well right now for Purdue.

The issue is that he needs to be distributing it to guys that can shoot and score...and, Purdue does not have that right now...and I am not sure that they do a year from now either unfortunately.
I have not seen him play, but have heard several reports say his shooting is suspect. When I read this comparison to NE it made me question even more. We don't need another guard that can't shoot. We have plenty of those already. I agree with you, I'm not confident he will have anyone to pass to that can shoot either.

Reactions: PUQBMan.
I’ve been saying Morton is Nojel 2.0 since we started recruiting him. I don’t think Morton will be as bad of a FT shooter, but he struggles to shoot from 3. He is a guard that thrives being a ball dominant guard making plays for his teammates. The motion offense doesn’t fit that.

I’ve been saying Morton is Nojel 2.0 since we started recruiting him. I don’t think Morton will be as bad of a FT shooter, but he struggles to shoot from 3. He is a guard that thrives being a ball dominant guard making plays for his teammates. The motion offense doesn’t fit that.
Nojel was a top 100 shooting guard..I'll trust a comparison when he hits the floor for Purdue. The part of shooting should have no relation to Nojel. Love his D but that offense is brutal.

Nojel was a top 100 shooting guard..I'll trust a comparison when he hits the floor for Purdue. The part of shooting should have no relation to Nojel. Love his D but that offense is brutal.
I agree on those Shooting/Nojel comments.

Last Spring/Summer I watched the NY Rens (Morton’s team) play around 10 times. He had great vision and basketball IQ. I never saw him make a 3, and he wasn’t much of a scorer overall. He shot just 7% from 3 in AAU last season. He only averaged 4 ppg while playing 28 min/gm.

https://www.d1circuit.com/roster_players/32416674

Ivey was really good in AAU, and I believe he will be really good here.

https://www.d1circuit.com/roster_players/32417156

Reactions: SKYDOG
A lot to love with these three . I am not trying to be critical of anyone although it may come off that way .
Jaden Ivey the good : I am impressed with his maturity and will to win . He and Ethan both have the will to win in spades . His game is complete he can and will shoot from anywhere hits over 40 % would be slightly higher but he is the guy to have to force it up late . Great in the open court and usually has at least one high flying dunk per game . His game is similar to Eric's with a better jumping ability .
The bad : He has a tendency to take a back seat in games against lessor teams . He will come out and amaze you against the nations best and then goes on cruise control when he has a huge advantage . Gambles often on defense yes he gets away with it . But I can see it being a liability against D1 players .
My projection: is that he will have a tough battle with Eric for minutes at the 2 he can play 1-3 and will be an asset when on the floor rarely makes a turnover and has an advanced knowledge of the game the whole game . Kid has more than some Ray Davis in his game . He is my pick of the class which I rank along the line of the 2014's .

Ethan Morton the good : Kid is a Nojel Clone . Great defender even better rebounder . Great passer especially in the open court . Honestly I could have just said Nojel . I am referring to the hs Nojel mainly . Kid can take over a game and practically win single handedly . Talks like PJ on both ends of the court when it tips off he is locked in probably till the next day . Outstanding will to win ! he makes things happen when you think it can't . He makes his teammates better and is a coach on and off the court . He has the knack for drawing fouls which if used properly can effect many parts of a game .

The bad : Is really bad turnovers and lots of them more than once I have watched him turn it over five or more times a game . He tries to force his passes and while it produces some great high lights when it works IMO it doesn't work enough to give up that many possessions a game . He needs balance on his outside shot which is lacking mainly . I have seen him hit 3 three's in a row so when in rhythm he is capable .

My projection : Ethan has the best chance to play right away . He is going to be a special player at which position I have no clue . He plays center on defense and PG on offense ( Yes literally ) listed at 6'6 by his HS which seems about right has a build similar to Evan . We must have been his dream team kid loves to play physical without fouling like Nojel and like Nojel he never stops . IMO he is a warrior and leader players like him win !

Zach Edey the good : 7'3 he has learned that in his 3 years . He is Isaac's size with exceptional mobility . His help defense is outstanding his closeout when going for the shot block on three's is at least as good as Hammons . He owns the paint there is no pushing him out any shot from 10 ft in he will effect it . I can not say enough about his size yes we have had bigs many times but Zach is different he is scary BIG . Every time I have watched him he gets better . His switching on to a guard is a thing of beauty not only does he easily stay with them there is a whole lot of him to get around only to have him block your shot . Great free-throw shooter for a big he must shoot around 90 % from the field normally 10 ft or less .

The bad : He needs floor time . But by no stretch of the imagination is he a project .

Projection : Sky is the limit . Playing on a team with nothing but 4 and 5 star players who run on every play their shot clock is 10 seconds . Ranked top ten in the country they play a killer schedule .
He plays 15 minutes per game and they run . I have no clue how high his ceiling is . IMO he will challenge any and all for pt . When I first seen him I thought great Isaac 2.0 Painter knows just how to make that work . His game is much more mobile than Isaac and much much more physical than Haarms . So here's where I struggle with watching him IMG has no clue how to use him . Even if they did try telling a top 5 recruit your going to slow things down . He does well playing this style but the whole time I am wanting to see Isaac ball . If he doesn't succeed I will be shocked .
I don't know how you can call Somebody a good passer and then say he turns the ball over too much Forcing the pass. How's that work how can you be both.

Well I'm glad you're impressed with the incoming recruiting. I saw plenty of Neumann last year and he would make a good MAC player. Seen Ivey play alot and think he can be a solid player but that's it. Edny has played the game for 2 years. Do you actually think hes a Big 10 player. Morton cant shoot a lick. Hes a poor mans Porter Robert's. So if you think Painter can make a go with these guys then I obviously know nothing

Well I'm glad you're impressed with the incoming recruiting. I saw plenty of Neumann last year and he would make a good MAC player. Seen Ivey play alot and think he can be a solid player but that's it. Edny has played the game for 2 years. Do you actually think hes a Big 10 player. Morton cant shoot a lick. Hes a poor mans Porter Robert's. So if you think Painter can make a go with these guys then I obviously know nothing
That’s ridiculous. If you saw Newman play last year, you would have thought he would be a great player for us just like the rest of us thought. Ivey is VERY good.

Glad you said it. The part about knowing nothing.

When I compared him to Nojel it was as a compliment . I hold Nojel in the highest regard I am always amazed when others don't . As for Morton he has been impressive offensively in HS I haven't looked up his stats but at last check he was scoring around 26 per .
I don't know how you can call Somebody a good passer and then say he turns the ball over too much Forcing the pass. How's that work how can you be both.
You can be a great passer but if you make poor decisions all the skill in the world won't stop the turnover IMO . In my mind the two things are not related . Sometimes trying to do to much is to much .

When I compared him to Nojel it was as a compliment . I hold Nojel in the highest regard I am always amazed when others don't . As for Morton he has been impressive offensively in HS I haven't looked up his stats but at last check he was scoring around 26 per .

You can be a great passer but if you make poor decisions all the skill in the world won't stop the turnover IMO . In my mind the two things are not related . Sometimes trying to do to much is to much .
Nojel has been a disappointment at Purdue. He is specifically a disappointment this year when he was picked pre-season all B1G. His family and others were hyping up his offensive improvement coming into the season, and that’s shown to be false. It doesn’t matter how great of a defender you are, if you can’t score, you are a liability.

Morton will be a solid overall player in time at Purdue, but he won’t be an offensive stud. He will be far closer to the player he was in AAU than he is for his high school team. His high school team plays a very soft schedule.

When you say "highest regard" do you mean as a person, or as a player? The former I have no issue with. The latter is another thing for sure. He is a major D1 guard that can't shoot. That's a big problem for sure.

5 Players from 2020 Who Rose Their Stock at Peach Jam
by James Fletcher, Future150 (11:22 AM CT, Thu July 18, 2019)
Lance_Ware_634_337_rot270_s_337_634_84shar-70_456ea08277da90c2_rot90.jpg

Lance Ware, PF - Burlington, NJ
James Fletcher:
National Recruiting Analyst. Covering high and middle school basketball nationally.

North Augusta, SC (Future150) -- comes to an end, it is time to look back over the past week and see which players were able to raise their stock in front of the media and college coaches watching from the sideline.

Jaden Ivey, PG

Ivey proved that he is a high-level shooter who can get his shot off, even against the highest level of competition. His range has proven to be an asset and will continue to develop interest.

Darius Maddox, CG

Maddox is able to score against any competition; he uses his skill on the ball to create space and get off his shot. He has a great feel for the game on offense, making it look easy as he gets to his spots.

Jamal Mashburn Jr, SG

Mashburn Jr. took over the scoring for his team and plays with high intensity at both ends, his presence is felt from start to finish as he pushes the tempo.

Ethan Morton, SF

Morton showed great skills on the ball, playing as the point guard at times. He has surprising athleticism that allows him to get through the lane and past his defender. Morton’s versatile offensive game will make him an asset to any team.

Lance Ware, PF

Lance Ware fits perfectly in the modern game, he is a versatile big who uses his elite athleticism on both ends of the court. Standing in the “Dunker Spot” allows Ware to score easy points on offense and he rotates quickly to contest shots on defense.

I agree on those Shooting/Nojel comments.

Last Spring/Summer I watched the NY Rens (Morton’s team) play around 10 times. He had great vision and basketball IQ. I never saw him make a 3, and he wasn’t much of a scorer overall. He shot just 7% from 3 in AAU last season. He only averaged 4 ppg while playing 28 min/gm.

https://www.d1circuit.com/roster_players/32416674

Ivey was really good in AAU, and I believe he will be really good here.

https://www.d1circuit.com/roster_players/32417156
He was on the same team as Jonathan Kuminga the #1 player in the country kid is the best HS player I have seen since LeBron . Stats can be misleading but I mostly agree with you if the bar is set that high when a kid plays on one of the countries best teams in the best league . And while scoring only 4 points a game he averaged playing 28 of 36 minutes . Wonder why a program the level of the Rens would do that ? The game IMO is more than shooting three's . How does a kid average 4 points a game and still get ranked in every ones top 100 ?

He was on the same team as Jonathan Kuminga the #1 player in the country kid is the best HS player I have seen since LeBron . Stats can be misleading but I mostly agree with you if the bar is set that high when a kid plays on one of the countries best teams in the best league . And while scoring only 4 points a game he averaged playing 28 of 36 minutes . Wonder why a program the level of the Rens would do that ? The game IMO is more than shooting three's . How does a kid average 4 points a game and still get ranked in every ones top 100 ?
Kuminga is a stud, and also not a PG. Morton was very inefficient in AAU play. 28% from FG and 6% from 3pt. Not everyone ranked him in the top 100 as he was 115 by 247.

I think Morton can be a good player in time at Purdue, but that won’t be his freshman year.

Funny thing is...….it doesn't matter what any of us thinks about these recruits. CMP obviously loves them. He said, more than once, that Morton would see action now. Ivey was a huge steal, and has everyone excited. And as oldboiler said, Edey has an unlimited ceiling. Time will tell.

Kuminga is a stud, and also not a PG. Morton was very inefficient in AAU play. 28% from FG and 6% from 3pt. Not everyone ranked him in the top 100 as he was 115 by 247.

I think Morton can be a good player in time at Purdue, but that won’t be his freshman year.

AAU is NOT real basketball. It is wide open and kids jack up shots as soon as they get the ball. Rarely do teams play defense. It’s like playing regular season NBA... probably worse...
AAU stats shouldn’t too much to anyone.

Morton sounds like he has very good upside. I’ve seen him shoot on video and it looks like he has a good, fundamental shot. He sounded to me like a guy who could get 10 ppg early in his career. By his Jr. season it is up to the player to develop his game enough to be an elite scorer. Maybe he will... maybe he won’t.

Hard to project how HS players project to the next level. Ivey and Morton will be good players for us IMO

It seems as tho we see why his ranking did fall. We all want to believe it’s because he committed to Purdue. LOL. It’s seems as tho he’s dropped , because he can’t shoot or score. 4ppg in AAU , when a lot of defense is not being played is not good. He was a top 50 guy who dropped a bunch after the summer. I hope he actually gets in the gym with someone and works on his shot. We’ve had enough of the dudes that can’t shoot and seem to not work on it.

It seems as tho we see why his ranking did fall. We all want to believe it’s because he committed to Purdue. LOL. It’s seems as tho he’s dropped , because he can’t shoot or score. 4ppg in AAU , when a lot of defense is not being played is not good. He was a top 50 guy who dropped a bunch after the summer. I hope he actually gets in the gym with someone and works on his shot. We’ve had enough of the dudes that can’t shoot and seem to not work on it.

It could just mean that he has some ball hogs on his team and he’s not asked to score on the AAu team. AAU doesn’t matter!

I looked at his Hs team performances. I don’t see a problem with scoring or 3pt %. He will need to work on his shot like all young players need to...

AAU is NOT real basketball. It is wide open and kids jack up shots as soon as they get the ball. Rarely do teams play defense. It’s like playing regular season NBA... probably worse...
AAU stats shouldn’t too much to anyone.

Morton sounds like he has very good upside. I’ve seen him shoot on video and it looks like he has a good, fundamental shot. He sounded to me like a guy who could get 10 ppg early in his career. By his Jr. season it is up to the player to develop his game enough to be an elite scorer. Maybe he will... maybe he won’t.

Hard to project how HS players project to the next level. Ivey and Morton will be good players for us IMO
AAU is far closer to high D1 basketball than regular high school basketball.

It could just mean that he has some ball hogs on his team and he’s not asked to score on the AAu team. AAU doesn’t matter!

I looked at his Hs team performances. I don’t see a problem with scoring or 3pt %. He will need to work on his shot like all young players need to...
Please post a link to his 3pt stats from high school.

Funny thing is...….it doesn't matter what any of us thinks about these recruits. CMP obviously loves them. He said, more than once, that Morton would see action now. Ivey was a huge steal, and has everyone excited. And as oldboiler said, Edey has an unlimited ceiling. Time will tell.
Ivey is a huge steal. Morton will probably see action as our guards aren’t great and we will have several transfer. There is no way Edey contributes more than Dow has this year.

5 Players from 2020 Who Rose Their Stock at Peach Jam
by James Fletcher, Future150 (11:22 AM CT, Thu July 18, 2019)
Lance_Ware_634_337_rot270_s_337_634_84shar-70_456ea08277da90c2_rot90.jpg

Lance Ware, PF - Burlington, NJ
James Fletcher:
National Recruiting Analyst. Covering high and middle school basketball nationally.

North Augusta, SC (Future150) -- comes to an end, it is time to look back over the past week and see which players were able to raise their stock in front of the media and college coaches watching from the sideline.

Jaden Ivey, PG

Ivey proved that he is a high-level shooter who can get his shot off, even against the highest level of competition. His range has proven to be an asset and will continue to develop interest.

Darius Maddox, CG

Maddox is able to score against any competition; he uses his skill on the ball to create space and get off his shot. He has a great feel for the game on offense, making it look easy as he gets to his spots.

Jamal Mashburn Jr, SG

Mashburn Jr. took over the scoring for his team and plays with high intensity at both ends, his presence is felt from start to finish as he pushes the tempo.

Ethan Morton, SF

Morton showed great skills on the ball, playing as the point guard at times. He has surprising athleticism that allows him to get through the lane and past his defender. Morton’s versatile offensive game will make him an asset to any team.

Lance Ware, PF

Lance Ware fits perfectly in the modern game, he is a versatile big who uses his elite athleticism on both ends of the court. Standing in the “Dunker Spot” allows Ware to score easy points on offense and he rotates quickly to contest shots on defense.
And there you have it ....

Ivey is a huge steal. Morton will probably see action as our guards aren’t great and we will have several transfer. There is no way Edey contributes more than Dow has this year.
You have no inside information about transfers, so don't make stupid comments like these. We have a lot of good decent guards, no great ones, but they all can improve. I'm not sure Nojel is ever fixing his shot, but we will have more options next year anyway. Newman and Ivey will get playing time, and the rest should improve. Hunter, Thompson, and Sasha can all improve, as they have shown improvement. Thompson already look better in the 2 months at PU. Yeah I don't expect Edey to come in and have a huge impact if he doesn't shirt, time will tell, high ceiling though.

You have no inside information about transfers, so don't make stupid comments like these. We have a lot of good decent guards, no great ones, but they all can improve. I'm not sure Nojel is ever fixing his shot, but we will have more options next year anyway. Newman and Ivey will get playing time, and the rest should improve. Hunter, Thompson, and Sasha can all improve, as they have shown improvement. Thompson already look better in the 2 months at PU. Yeah I don't expect Edey to come in and have a huge impact if he doesn't shirt, time will tell, high ceiling though.
It’s common sense to see transfers are coming. We have 7 or 8 players for positions 1-3. That won’t work for everyone. Edey has a very low ceiling .

in today's college basketball with the ever increasing rate of players transferring, it's not idiotic or stupid to speculate that one of Purdue's guards will transfer. Looking back at Purdue basketball history, this school has a long list of transfers and probably one of the top %'s for players transferring away.

if today's player doesn't foresee playing time in the future, he is very likely to transfer. and sometimes, it's the coach who suggests to the player, it's in his best interest to transfer.

I really hope that Ethan is not a Nojel clone. Love that he is a good defender, but if he is as challenged offensively as Nojel is, this team will go nowhere with him at the point.
Do yourself a favor and do NOT assume that Morton will be anywhere near as challenged in shooting and scoring as Eastern has been. Other than a cold spell in the 2019 AAU summer circuit...there's nothing to suggest that Ethan won't be a capable threat...

7/16/2019 basketball
Purdue recruit Ethan Morton's summer highlighted by gold medal
glq69q9uq3ofgdh45jxa

fjb8z4le5rwev3gurlif

Brian Neubert • GoldandBlack
GoldandBlack.com staff
@brianneubert

Breakdown ($): 2020 recruiting for Purdue | Five Questions | GoldandBlack.com event coverage hub

Peach Jam coverage: Analysis | Final Thoughts

NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. — This past weekend,

Ethan Morton
concluded his grassroots basketball career by helping his New York Renaissance team to the round of eight at the Peach Jam.

It was a positive outcome for the Purdue guard recruit to end his summer basketball career, one that wasn't always smooth.

"Don't get me wrong. It helped me get recruited and put me in positions to do USA Basketball and camps, and playing the EYBL, it's such a great circuit," Morton said, "but it's why I'm going to Purdue, because the system is so great. AAU, it's not really systems — it's getting together a bunch of good players and going and playing. It's no secret that it's probably not tailor-made for what I do, necessarily."

The Rivals.com four-star guard did have his ups and downs this spring and summer with the Rens, "just trying to find a rhythm," as he put it, playing for a highly talented team for which one of best passers in the nation, and a player built structure, was a bystander for countless no-pass possessions. That's sort of the nature of the summer game, though: It's up-tempo, and typically the first acceptable look is acted upon, and on a team like the Rens, with sharp-shooting guard R.J. Davis' quick trigger and the nation's No. 1 player in 2021, Jonathan Kuminga, on his team, this was not an environment for the methodical.

Purdue-Boilermakers_DARK_300.png

hjcq67xo65ahm0oddbgq

NATIONAL
-
STATE
0"> 19
POSITION

Ethan

Morton

RANK
N/A
6'5" | 180 lbs | PG
Butler Area Senior
Butler, PA
CLASS OF 2020

SIGNED LOI
5/9/2019
Purdue

Last edited:
Zavier Simpson is a pretty average shooter, weak from the charity stripe but I would have him run my offense any day of the week. I'll take Morton deficiencies having a strong IQ and being a leader. Our current PG situation is pretty weak. This guy "should" help in that area next year and be strong by his sophomore year. IT will be a capable backup as well.

Reactions: Do Dah Day

the “Nojel clone” part rightly has caused a lot of discussion. Here’s my take:

one player is an athletic specimen who uses that athleticism to be an elite defender. However he has virtually no offensive game and the hitch in his free throws causes painter to pull him off the floor in crunch time.

One player is rated highly almost exclusively because of his basketball IQ and passing ability. He has really good size for the PG position but won’t “wow” anyone with his athleticism. Painter has said several times how this player could help the team RIGHT NOW.

it was a very poor comparison.

the “Nojel clone” part rightly has caused a lot of discussion. Here’s my take:

one player is an athletic specimen who uses that athleticism to be an elite defender. However he has virtually no offensive game and the hitch in his free throws causes painter to pull him off the floor in crunch time.

One player is rated highly almost exclusively because of his basketball IQ and passing ability. He has really good size for the PG position but won’t “wow” anyone with his athleticism. Painter has said several times how this player could help the team RIGHT NOW.

it was a very poor comparison.

I suooort this opinion. Nojel is very comparable to a Ron Artest athletically or on the defensive end. Dude is a stud of an athlete. He is just bad on offense... he isn’t a great passer and he is a really bad shooter.... like he doesn’t even look like a D1 player sometimes on offense.

Morton looks to me like he has all kinds of game with his intangibles. It says on his 247 write up that he not an overwhelming athlete and not a great shooter but still does very well on the offensive end.

Shooting can be improved upon. If this kid isn’t a great shooter right now, there is nothing that says that he can’t improve. I’ve read 33% 3 point shooting while he scores over 20 points for his HS team. This doesn’t seem to me like a huge problem.

He will have some growing pains at Purdue bc the ball won’t be in his hands all the time in the motion offense. I’m sure he will adjust and be a productive/efficient offensive player.

He seems to be a decent/good shooter. I’ve heard that Gillis/Ivey/Newman are above average shooters. That will be our nucleus moving forward. I think they will be good moving forward.

Thanks OB52! Would somebody please provide a B10 recruiting ranking for our '20 class? After reading all of the above comments I need some perspective as to whether or not CMP has signed any good prospects. I thought it was a good class prior to this. Help me out here somebody. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT