ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue WVB @ U of M

Set #2 won but with more difficulty, 25-22. Eva still leading all Boilers with 19 kills and only 1 error. Purdue is hitting 0.361 compared to U of M at 0.160.

This site is, for whatever reason, loading VERY slowly tonight and sometimes not at all. Grrrr.

WVB sweeps Michigan winning the final set 25-17 even though Michigan lead by as much as two points in the middle of the set. Shondell called a TO and it was all Purdue after that. But it seemed to me there were too many unforced errors.

At any rate they did well without exhausting themselves so one would hope there would be no upset tomorrow evening at MSU.

We had 9 blocks compared to 2 by Michigan. Purdue hit 0.348 vs 0.119 by the Wolverines.

Eva Hudson had 14 kills against 2 errors and finished with 999 kills for her career and tomorrow when she gets #1000 it will be the speediest that any Purdue player has achieved that milestone. Pretty amazing player. And she seems very loyal to Purdue - I don’t think she will enter the portal.

This team is so young and even though we will miss Schermerhorn so much next year, I think the team’s goal is final four this year and a National Championship next.

Last edited:
We had 9 blocks compared to 2 by Michigan. Purdue hit 0.348 vs 0.119 by the Wolverines.

Eva Hudson had 14 kills against 2 errors and finished with 999 kills for her career and tomorrow when she gets #1000 it will be the speediest that any Purdue player has achieved that milestone. Pretty amazing player. And she seems very loyal to Purdue - I don’t think she will enter the portal.

This team is so young and even thought we will miss Schermerhorn so much next year, I think the team’s goal is final four this year and a National Championship next.

Reactions: DocRon
WVB sweeps Michigan winning the final set 25-17 even though Michigan lead by as much as two points in the middle of the set. Shondell called a TO and it was all Purdue after that. But it seemed to me there were too many unforced errors.

At any rate they did well without exhausting themselves so one would hope there would be no upset tomorrow evening at MSU.
Nice to have a pretty dominant match considering the short turnaround for the second straight MI road game tomorrow. MSU gave Purdue a match, so it could be a close one on the rematch. This team is very confident, locked in, and unfazed in critical moments. Win tonight and we get 3rd in the B1G and the opportunity to host the first weekend. CDS says they are all aware of what’s at stake.

Is there any update on Heaney. I see her walking around in uniform after the matches? Rastovski, who came in to replace Heaney, hasn’t played since be was reported as having a sore shoulder. I believe Wollard has been getting all Heaney’s playing time.

Nice to have a pretty dominant match considering the short turnaround for the second straight MI road game tomorrow. MSU gave Purdue a match, so it could be a close one on the rematch. This team is very confident, locked in, and unfazed in critical moments. Win tonight and we get 3rd in the B1G and the opportunity to host the first weekend. CDS says they are all aware of what’s at stake.

Is there any update on Heaney. I see her walking around in uniform after the matches? Rastovski, who came in to replace Heaney, hasn’t played since be was reported as having a sore shoulder. I believe Wollard has been getting all Heaney’s playing time.
You’re correct. Wollard played the entire game and the bench was very short last night. But she played well… 3 kills in 10 attempts and only 1 error. And also credited with 3 blocks.

With the holiday I have not listened to Dave’s podcasts the last two weeks so not sure if he has talked about it there or not.

Purdue likely hosts no matter what happens tonight, guessing a win maybe can prop them to 10-12 seed though, a loss likely puts them in the 14-16 range, 10-12 works much better for a third round matchup.

You’re correct. Wollard played the entire game and the bench was very short last night. But she played well… 3 kills in 10 attempts and only 1 error. And also credited with 3 blocks.

With the holiday I have not listened to Dave’s podcasts the last two weeks so not sure if he has talked about it there or not.

Reactions: MichaelRR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT