ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Wisconsin: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Time to rest up for the only thing that really matters this season. I would take the extra day rest over another big ten tournament title all day. Hope they don't have to play until the Friday-Sunday session for more rest.

Game was a really good learning experience for mental toughness for the real thing. Missed block out by Jones, Smith with the offensive foul that cost us the game, Edey missing ft's to close the game out in reg, Edey losing cool in 1st half to get the tech.

Those are the mental errors that will cost you in the big dance.

Biggest concern is Smith's health obviously. Offense wasn't flowing and turned the ball over way too many times.

I just cant wait fir all the "real fans" to tell us how great things are after we lose next week and go home.

I really CANT WAIT to be taught and corrected by all the "real fans" who "actually know basketball"

Plz, teach the rest of us.

Clowns
Well, we can't call you a "fair-weather" fan. You are complaining about this great season. I'm sorry you are not enjoying this season like the rest of us.

I would agree with you but same story year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year. Different players same coach , same story.
Just agree with him. All of the "I told you so" posts are the sure sign of an asshat.

I dunno. Not much time left on the shot clock because Braden was playing hero ball dribbling.

Braden and Edey let a little too much get to them emotionally today.
Pretty sure your PG should be handling the ball on the last possession. It was a high pick, who else was going to run that play?

Pretty sure your PG should be handling the ball on the last possession. It was a high pick, who else was going to run that play?
He shouldn't be over dribbling thirty feet from the hoop going horizontal. He should have calmed down and called for or waited for a screen.

CMP didn't fumble all those balls and miss all those free-throws.
No but he coaches and recruits to the same exact extinct style of basketball and the same things lose us games early in march EVERY year.

And the 1 year he must have ****ed up and actually had an elite guard and a non back to basket big we made the elite 8 and were a bad clock start from the final 4.

And hes only doubled down on back to basket bball and we havent sniffed the final 4 since, and wont

Totally meaningless game for Purdue- it was good to see lots of minutes for Heide and Colvin - I wouldn’t be surprised to see either as a game- changer down the road …

More than enough chances to extend the lead, but the TOs in the second half were the difference.

Rest up, and practice draining threes!!!

This game was lost when Edey had to sit for a stupid technical. We had separation early in this game..but then when he went out, it allowed Wisconsin to stay even by halftime.
The game was lost because we gave up a ton of separation on drives, had WAY too many bad turnovers, missed critical free throws and had too many mental lapses and emotional reactions.

Reactions: Boiler8285
Or you can look at a 29-4 team that just lost a throwaway game playing half speed and think the sky is falling.
Idgaf about our regular season. I care about the tournament. I dont care about this loss but I do care about HOW and WHY we lost and they are the same issues we have had the last month and the same issues that have caused us to lose to double digit seeds how many years in a row now????

The game was lost because we gave up a ton of separation on drives, had WAY too many bad turnovers, missed critical free throws and had too many mental lapses and emotional reactions.
You seem to be really good at identifying how we lost but then cant admit these are the reasons we lose every game.... like this is something new and random and not something that is a common theme

Some "fans" here cannot wait for a loss. They salivate for it so they can get off the HATE off their chest. Kinda sad.
Im convinced people like you dont know how to handle losses so you have to put other people down to feel better about yourselves as a way to cope, instead of just admitting the team has major issues.

It is a really weird coping mechanism. Not a single person here is happy we lost, thats the dumbest thing possible to even type with how everyone's reactions are.

But if this is what you need to do to cope then so be it I guess

Idgaf about our regular season. I care about the tournament. I dont care about this loss but I do care about HOW and WHY we lost and they are the same issues we have had the last month and the same issues that have caused us to lose to double digit seeds how many years in a row now????
Three years in a row.

I could talk about growth. I could talk about portal additions. I could talk about metrics.

But nuance doesn't matter to you.

@krazychicagod <== hey everybody, real fan here cheering against the boys. More fan than anyone who appreciates the this special group. Real fan.
Being mad and pointing out our issues is not rooting against purdue I want us to win more than anyone.

Another person who csnt properly cope and has to pull extremely weird mechanisms out to feel better.

Reactions: clankhan
Welp - there you go - Boilers get some hard lessons going into next week. Credit Wisconsin - hate seeing the Boilers go down to them, but they are a legitimate tourney team.

Purdue gave them help, and they made the plays when they had to. Zach Edey taking himself out the first half didn't help.

Guessing the Boilers in the Midwest will be on the same side as East (Connecticut) in the NCAA Tournament.
The first hard lesson is for Zach to quit the stare down and placing himself and the team needlessly at a disadvantage. Second do not throw it to the defense when the defender is in better position than the guy you are passing. Just doing those two things would be enough to have won this game

Lost a game without total focus I’m guessing. But guys that needed it got some rest and guys who needed time on court got it. Now they can get out of town, get rest, and work on a few things that were lacking today. Come back Thur/Fri totally focused.

Reactions: Schnelk
Im convinced people like you dont know how to handle losses so you have to put other people down to feel better about yourselves as a way to cope, instead of just admitting the team has major issues.

It is a really weird coping mechanism. Not a single person here is happy we lost, thats the dumbest thing possible to even type with how everyone's reactions are.

But if this is what you need to do to cope then so be it I guess

Good to know. Lol

I will let my posts here speak for myself.
Yours certainly speak loudly for you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT