ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Penn State: Predictions and Game Thread

Painter still hasn't figured out the ball screen on defense. We'll get ball screened to death in the tournament.

The big men are terrible at high ball screen defense. Unfortunately they aren’t athletic enough to have a hard hedge up top to force the ball handler further out. In that event, the big needs to extend off the screen high but even with the screener to delay and force the ball further out. The man bringing screened has got to fight through the top of the screen and recover.

Nojel and Dakota are very good at that aspect and Carsen has shown that when dialed in...hebcan do it as well.

Purdue’s problems are typically one of two things:
1: bigs don’t properly set themselves off the screen to force ball handler east/west and allow recovery for defender
2: Poor backside help if that first portion is executed. Cline gave up a layup because of bad rotation after good on ball defense late in the game.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Stop with the walk-on crap. Grady played his ass off tonight.
Grady could easily have garnered scholarships at other schools....his dream was to play at Purdue where his father played. The fact people are trashing him shows their lack of knowledge.

There are a lot of people on this board that have great amounts of knowledge about the game...wish people would use them for explanations (or just read the countless articles or watch videos online) to inform themselves.

I believe Nobel needs to start over PJ. I am fine with Eifert starting in place of Vince. He can score and is a good rebounder. PJ has done nothing for us lately and Nojel is playing pretty good. I would like to see him take his open 3's he gets though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT