ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Illinois: Predictions and Game Thread

these officials are going to try and lose this game for PU...……..I'm telling you
They gave it their best shot. I have not heard that volume of vitriol directed towards the officials in Mackey in a LOOOOONG time. My ears are still ringing! It’s particularly mind boggling to me to see an All American get so few calls on his home floor.

This may explain it:

First thing I thought when I saw this, is if it was one of the jokers on this board. If so, well done sir.

Reactions: PU pit bull
...! It’s particularly mind boggling to me to see an All American get so few calls on his home floor.
Having officiated in some sports in the past, I have always been offended by the concept that somehow an official in any sport should make his/her calls dependent in any way upon who is home and visitor, or the celebrity of a particular participant. It is the antithesis of everything officiating is supposed to be.
I don't mean this to be a suggestion that bad officiating is okay, either.

Having officiated in some sports in the past, I have always been offended by the concept that somehow an official in any sport should make his/her calls dependent in any way upon who is home and visitor, or the celebrity of a particular participant. It is the antithesis of everything officiating is supposed to be.
I don't mean this to be a suggestion that bad officiating is okay, either.
I have been a paid official as well, and would agree with you, if we weren’t the victim of “star treatment” by refs, most recently with respect to “Baby Jesus” Romeo last week.

They gave it their best shot. I have not heard that volume of vitriol directed towards the officials in Mackey in a LOOOOONG time. My ears are still ringing! It’s particularly mind boggling to me to see an All American get so few calls on his home floor.

This may explain it:

First thing I thought when I saw this, is if it was one of the jokers on this board. If so, well done sir.

It's annoying when refs call things pretty close in the first half, then in the second half literally call nothing. It's fine if there's some difference game by game, but at least call it consistently through the entire game.

Reactions: Schnelk
It's annoying when refs call things pretty close in the first half, then in the second half literally call nothing. It's fine if there's some difference game by game, but at least call it consistently through the entire game.
It was almost as if the refs got together and said “hey if we keep calling Illinois for all these fouls they’re committing, we’re going to foul out their whole rotation, and we can’t do that!“​

or the reverse.....the infamous second half trip to Whistle City.....and Purdue has been on both sides of that journey. It's not good for any of the conference teams in the long run, IMO.

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT