ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue NIL Collective

I don’t believe Edey can legally make money in the US due to his visa. I believe he can only legally make NIL money in Canada.

Wasn’t Cockburn offered a lot of money to return. He is from Jamaica or is it different for Canada? This is all very confusing.

Same issue for Oscar Tshiebwe with Kentucky as he is Congolese. Big surprise that Kentucky boosters worked it out.

• Sad
Reactions: Bethboilerfan
There’s plenty of alums that have a couple million to spare. A lot of them you probably never heard of. I think we can compete but only if we and the donors want to.
Based on how the program has historically been operated, how there have not been any incidents of paying players under that table, I believe that Purdue and the Donors will not want to be at the top of the NIL arms race.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Can someone explain to me how NIL is not pay to play? This is going to go south really fast. And with the open portal it's the beginning of the end!
There is nothing to explain. College sports is now pay to play. The NIL is more like a front to make it look like the athletes are returning a service in kind to the payor. Either there is no service or the service they get is way way overpaid.

In the old days, the story would be an athlete getting a summer job mowing a lawn from a booster for $50,000. Doesn’t make much sense, right? That was illegal then, but legal now.

There is nothing to explain. College sports is now pay to play. The NIL is more like a front to make it look like the athletes are returning a service in kind to the payor. Either there is no service or the service they get is way way overpaid.

In the old days, the story would be an athlete getting a summer job mowing a lawn from a booster for $50,000. Doesn’t make much sense, right? That was illegal then, but legal now.
It appears that there will be no lawn mowing or anything else involved. What could Pack’s summer job be to earn $800,000? Interesting to speculate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT