ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue is playing terrible

lbodel

All-American
Jul 15, 2006
Don't even care what the ref situation is.

Purdue could be getting favorable reffing and they'd still lose this game.

They better get their act together Saturday.

I'm not one to blame the officials, but Purdue has not been allowed to play this game. Our bigs are getting manhandled on every single possession. Our perimeter guys are getting called for absolutely nothing. They are setting illegal screens on just about every other possession. This has been the worst officiated game I've seen in quite some time. Purdue is playing with effort, but its hard to play 5 on 8.

Basically MSU came out and threw a punch (figuratively speaking?) and Hammonds, Octeus, Edwards didn't respond. Downhill from there. Mathis hung in there and Scott played reasonably well. Still drives me crazy watching Izzo whining when he doesn't get a call. As that famous philosopher Mike Tyson said: "Everyone has a plan when they climb into the ring until they get hit in the face." Purdue didn't respond.

I agree, not a good defensive effort by Purdue. MSU had open 3 pt shots all night. That's what we did back in December. However, when the refs don't call the mugging underneath on our big guys, it takes us out of our offensive game plan. You expect the home team to get breaks, but this has really been lopsided.

But you can't ignore that Hammons got stuffed CLEANLY multiple times inside. Hammons got schooled tonight, plain and simple.

Originally posted by lbodel:
But you can't ignore that Hammons got stuffed CLEANLY multiple times inside. Hammons got schooled tonight, plain and simple.
Schooled at the School of Hard Knocks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT