ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue is Overrated

I'm biased for sure, but this writer is an idiot. AJ is our only 3-point shooter... we struggled to beat Pitt and Florida?

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-bask...dont-want-to-hear-it-but-purdue-is-overrated/

Wow. I'd say the writer was a pissed off IU fan but I give IU fans more credit than this guy for knowing Purdue's team.

Oh wow! Now that was some comedy right there, I think my buddy SNU wrote that one. Come on struggled to beat Florida and Pitt, Purdues 75% ft shooting is going to sink them and Hammons is our best 3 pt shooter? Pure comedy and that absolutely has to be an iu fan or something lol

The writer say we are overrated and we may only be a Sweet Sixteen quality team... when we haven't even cracked the top ten in ranking. Where is the "overrated" complaint coming from?? I could understand his grumbling were we ranked in top five with the current resume, but we have only reached the 11th. It's a bad sign when even his own argument betrays his logic.

The writer looked at the team statistics and then the 2014-2015 NCAAT results. He failed to understand how good X was and how poorly we played in that game with a bunch of freshmen. Sorry, but this is internet journalism at its worst. It is a poorly researched, bile-filled attempt to generate clicks by some randum guy from the SEC (from what I can tell).

Even SNU had better knowledge of Purdue's team and its potential. Let's give credit where credit is due. He always said Purdue would be good. He just thought IU would be better. His mistake was building his arguement on the ability of a freshman center to change the entire climate of the IU basketball team, and the idea that some how Crean was going to morph into a good coach.

:cool:

Reactions: BuilderBob6
The writer has an interesting use of words. I was previously unaware that winning a road game in a P5 conference member's gym was a "struggle." Most would think that a comfortable margin imo.

if Purdue shoots 75% from the line this season, I'd take it all day long. Last year was 68%. Currently its 73.6% and 49th in the country and have attempted the 33rd most FT's as a team. This guy is an idiot.

The writer looked at the team statistics and then the 2014-2015 NCAAT results. He failed to understand how good X was and how poorly we played in that game with a bunch of freshmen. Sorry, but this is internet journalism at its worst. It is a poorly researched, bile-filled attempt to generate clicks by some randum guy from the SEC (from what I can tell).

Even SNU had better knowledge of Purdue's team and its potential. Let's give credit where credit is due. He always said Purdue would be good. He just thought IU would be better. His mistake was building his arguement on the ability of a freshman center to change the entire climate of the IU basketball team, and the idea that some how Crean was going to morph into a good coach.

:cool:
not exactly...he also thought enough talent could compensate totally for Crean

Reactions: 2Dreadnaught
not exactly...he also thought enough talent could compensate totally for Crean
Talent can if the talent comes with the ability to lead and coach itself as well i.e. the Zeller/Hulls/Ola's of the world. They have talent but the talent needs coaching really badly. Unfortunately for the candy-stripes, they have none of that.

I'm biased for sure, but this writer is an idiot. AJ is our only 3-point shooter... we struggled to beat Pitt and Florida?

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-bask...dont-want-to-hear-it-but-purdue-is-overrated/

Wow. I'd say the writer was a pissed off IU fan but I give IU fans more credit than this guy for knowing Purdue's team.
ACC guy for basektball...SEC guy for football. God luv'em probably knows less fundamentals about the game than most people in Indiana... :) Seriously Purdue has some weaknesses but I rarely find writers to clue me in to what they are different than what I see...

Reactions: punaj
This what he messaged me:
".....signed Lance Horine from Indiana who attended Purdue U. Thank you for proving my point As expected I received a lot of hate mail for this but amazingly its all from sad little towns in Indiana...I usually dont respond to this stuff but this will be fun.MSU isnt overrated at all. Youll learn that once MSU is still relevant by season's end and Purdue is no longer thought about. its amazing many of them dont remember how much they loved me when I praised these Boilermakers following their inability to advance in the tournament. No surprise though. People always think youre smarter when they agree with you."

This is what I tried to send back:
What did you do in your journalistic endeavor, read the season stats to see that AJ Hammons hasn't missed a 3. Did you look at any defensive stats. By your own argument you claim that FLA is not a worthy opponent, yet they took MSU to the wire in MSU's house. Sweet sixteen would mean top 16 teams in country. At the time of your butt hurt attempt at responsible journalism we were ranked 11th. That is certainly in the realm of sweet sixteen. If any of my fellow alumni or fans were ugly with you, my apologies, but your piece is irresponsible journalism at best

Reactions: PurdueGator
you guys need to learn how to deal with trolls... dont click his shit. he lives off of it and literally only has a job because of the number of clicks he gets.

buzzfeed 101
My thoughts, too. I'm glad people here alerted me to it, so now I know not to go there.

He did the same to me. Sent me this long winded instant message, and when I tried to reply, he had blocked me. He told me he was"paid to write." He must not be paid very much.

Someone should have exlained to him that Izzo paying him to write doesn't count....

This what he messaged me:
".....signed Lance Horine from Indiana who attended Purdue U. Thank you for proving my point As expected I received a lot of hate mail for this but amazingly its all from sad little towns in Indiana...I usually dont respond to this stuff but this will be fun.MSU isnt overrated at all. Youll learn that once MSU is still relevant by season's end and Purdue is no longer thought about. its amazing many of them dont remember how much they loved me when I praised these Boilermakers following their inability to advance in the tournament. No surprise though. People always think youre smarter when they agree with you."

This is what I tried to send back:
What did you do in your journalistic endeavor, read the season stats to see that AJ Hammons hasn't missed a 3. Did you look at any defensive stats. By your own argument you claim that FLA is not a worthy opponent, yet they took MSU to the wire in MSU's house. Sweet sixteen would mean top 16 teams in country. At the time of your butt hurt attempt at responsible journalism we were ranked 11th. That is certainly in the realm of sweet sixteen. If any of my fellow alumni or fans were ugly with you, my apologies, but your piece is irresponsible journalism at best
He seems to be very thin-skinned. I'm guessing that if someone sent him a link to the season stats to educate him, he would consider it "hate mail". lol. If he wants to be one of these modern "journalists" who sees their job as provoking their readers to shock or anger, then he should grow up a little and learn to take what he gives.

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT