ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Basketball Games

collegehoopsfan123

True Freshman
Oct 15, 2021
Hello Boiler fans!

Below is a list of 13 Purdue men's basketball games I would like have on VHS, DVD, or if you

know how to put them on YouTube.

A VHS or DVD copy is preferred. We can negotiate price.

And if you don't have any of these games, maybe a family member or friend has the games?

Thank you to anyone that can help! Go Boilers!

November 2, 1998 Purdue exhibition win

November 13, 1998 Purdue win over UNC Asheville

November 18, 1998 Purdue win over Gonzaga

November 22, 1998 Purdue win over Lafayette

November 27, 1998 Purdue win over St. John's

November 29, 1998 Purdue win over Eastern Illinois

December 5, 1998 Purdue win over Xavier

December 12, 1998 Purdue win over LaSalle

January 13, 1999 Purdue win over Illinois

January 23, 1999 Purdue win over Michigan

February 13, 1999 Purdue win over Illinois

November 23, 1999 Purdue win over Florida

January 12, 2000 Purdue win over Illinois

YouTube has everything
Thanks for responding. Feel free to pass on my original post to family and friends and to Knucklehead Central members that don't come on the free men's basketball board very often. I know the games are out there, just have to connect with the right Boilers, thanks again!

Hello Boiler fans!

Below is a list of 13 Purdue men's basketball games I would like have on VHS, DVD, or if you

know how to put them on YouTube.

A VHS or DVD copy is preferred. We can negotiate price.

And if you don't have any of these games, maybe a family member or friend has the games?

Thank you to anyone that can help! Go Boilers!

January 23, 1999 Purdue win over Michigan

November 23, 1999 Purdue win over Florida

January 12, 2000 Purdue win over Illinois
Hey there…I’ve got a few of those games on tape and also digital. I can try to upload them to YouTube for you or send you them somehow. Let me know what would work best.

• Love
Reactions: collegehoopsfan123
Hey there…I’ve got a few of those games on tape and also digital. I can try to upload them to YouTube for you or send you them somehow. Let me know what would work best.
Hi! Could you tell me which games you have? It would be cool if you could upload 1 of them on YouTube first. I would then feel more comfortable providing my email address for potentially mailing them. Thanks!

Last edited:
Why these particular games?
Mike Robinson and Jaraan Cornell are still my favorite Boilers to this day. Plus, I know Jamaal Davis and Cameron Stephens played well in many of these games, I liked the potential they showed during their brief time at Purdue. Would love to have as many of these games as possible! Let me know if you (or someone you know) can help me find them. Go Boilers!

Last edited:
Reactions: pboiler18
Hi! Could you tell me which games you have? It would be cool if you could upload 1 of them on YouTube first. I would then feel more comfortable providing my email address for potentially mailing them. Thanks!
Here are the 3 games I have...sorry, I thought I would have more of them. The video quality isn't great as I taped them when they were on live, so I converted them to digital files a few years back. If you need any more from the 99-00 or 00-01 season, let me know as I have most of those.

• Love
Here are the 3 games I have...sorry, I thought I would have more of them. The video quality isn't great as I taped them when they were on live, so I converted them to digital files a few years back. If you need any more from the 99-00 or 00-01 season, let me know as I have most of those.

Thank you, this is awesome! Do you still have the VHS or DVD of these 3 games?

If so, I would be interested.

Do you have January 22, 2000 Purdue win over Indiana to upload on YouTube?

That is the only other one I can think of that you might have. This is really cool!

Thank you, this is awesome! Do you still have the VHS or DVD of these 3 games?

If so, I would be interested.

Do you have January 22, 2000 Purdue win over Indiana to upload on YouTube?

That is the only other one I can think of that you might have. This is really cool!
Here's that IU game...that was a fun one to be at! I could probably put these on DVDs for you, but the only DVDs I have are limited to 120 minutes, and most of these cross that threshold. Let me know if you need any others, as it's pretty easy for me to upload them. Glad that there are others still interested in these late 90's teams...that 99-00 team is the most overlooked Boiler squad in my lifetime.

• Love
Here's that IU game...that was a fun one to be at! I could probably put these on DVDs for you, but the only DVDs I have are limited to 120 minutes, and most of these cross that threshold. Let me know if you need any others, as it's pretty easy for me to upload them. Glad that there are others still interested in these late 90's teams...that 99-00 team is the most overlooked Boiler squad in my lifetime.

Thank you! Yes, that starting 5 of Cunningham, Cornell, Robinson, Cardinal, McQuay was outstanding and very balanced. They nearly made the Final Four with Maynard Lewis the only
consistent player on the bench.

If Jamaal Davis and Cameron Stephens remained with Purdue, we very well could be saying Purdue is the last Big Ten team to win the National Championship (and not Michigan State).

Frank Kendrick could flat-out recruit! UCLA and Kentucky lost Davis and Stephens to Purdue.

If uploading is easy for you, here are 8 other games I would like to watch:

Thank you so much! And after I look at them all, (including the games you already uploaded)

maybe you could put 1 or 2 on DVD??

November 24, 1999 Purdue vs North Carolina

December 1, 1999 North Carolina State at Purdue

December 30, 1999 Purdue at UCLA

January 8, 2000 Michigan at Purdue

February 5, 2000 Purdue at Iowa

February 8, 2000 Michigan State at Purdue

February 24, 2000 Purdue at Michigan

December 30, 2000 UCLA at Purdue

Thank you! Yes, that starting 5 of Cunningham, Cornell, Robinson, Cardinal, McQuay was outstanding and very balanced. They nearly made the Final Four with Maynard Lewis the only
consistent player on the bench.

If Jamaal Davis and Cameron Stephens remained with Purdue, we very well could be saying Purdue is the last Big Ten team to win the National Championship (and not Michigan State).

Frank Kendrick could flat-out recruit! UCLA and Kentucky lost Davis and Stephens to Purdue.

If uploading is easy for you, here are 8 other games I would like to watch:

Thank you so much! And after I look at them all, (including the games you already uploaded)

maybe you could put 1 or 2 on DVD??

November 24, 1999 Purdue vs North Carolina

December 1, 1999 North Carolina State at Purdue

February 5, 2000 Purdue at Iowa

February 8, 2000 Michigan State at Purdue

Yeah, that starting 5 all played their roles very well, and they all liked each other which made them a cohesive unit on the court....can't believe they didn't make it past Wisky in what I still consider to be the toughest loss of my Purdue fandom. They did have a young Rodney Smith coming off the bench in addition to Maynard and even a young Kenny Lowe contributed in a few games. Rodney Smith hurting his knee and Allison's foot problems really made the next year forgettable, but they were actually playing very well when everyone was healthy with Carson and Willie Dean in the backcourt...it was a great time to be a student. Of course if Davis and Stephens had stayed eligible and on the team they would have had quite a run!

I had 4 of those other games. I didn't have either UCLA game as I was out in Pauley Pavilion watching their heartbreaking loss in '99, and then was back in LA for the Rose Bowl when they played in Mackey in '00. Not sure why I don't have the Michigan games, but I remember being in Mackey for that first OT loss in the big ten opener, which ended up costing them the Big Ten title. Hope you enjoy the links below, although that NC State game is one to miss.

• Love
Yeah, that starting 5 all played their roles very well, and they all liked each other which made them a cohesive unit on the court....can't believe they didn't make it past Wisky in what I still consider to be the toughest loss of my Purdue fandom. They did have a young Rodney Smith coming off the bench in addition to Maynard and even a young Kenny Lowe contributed in a few games. Rodney Smith hurting his knee and Allison's foot problems really made the next year forgettable, but they were actually playing very well when everyone was healthy with Carson and Willie Dean in the backcourt...it was a great time to be a student. Of course if Davis and Stephens had stayed eligible and on the team they would have had quite a run!

I had 4 of those other games. I didn't have either UCLA game as I was out in Pauley Pavilion watching their heartbreaking loss in '99, and then was back in LA for the Rose Bowl when they played in Mackey in '00. Not sure why I don't have the Michigan games, but I remember being in Mackey for that first OT loss in the big ten opener, which ended up costing them the Big Ten title. Hope you enjoy the links below, although that NC State game is one to miss.

Could not have said it better myself. Yes, those were great years, Purdue Rose Bowl, Purdue Basketball nearly taking Coach Keady to the Final Four, and if you were a Colts / Pacers fan back then, the Colts were 13-3 in I believe Manning's second season, and the Pacers went to their 1 and only NBA finals. And my HS won the 3A State Boy's basketball title. The sport's world was cooking. I remember Rodney Smith help us beat #1 Arizona the following year. Injuries cost him dearly his last 2 years. My only complaint about him was that he was not quick enough to guard the 3. If he was and had no injuries, he would have had a decent NBA career.

When do you think Purdue will make the Final Four again?? I could see 2024 or 2025 in the short term. Most dreams mean nothing, but I had one that Purdue made it the year it is in Atlanta. That might be 2027 but like I said, most dreams mean nothing. We will have to see about that one. I hope they make the Final Four this decade. I would like to see an NCAA Tournament National Championship, too. 1980 has been far too long.

1994, 2000, 2019 are the 3 Elite 8s I have seen. Each time, Purdue keeps getting closer.

2010 more than likely was a FF if not for Hummel's injury. I am ready for my first Final Four.

Thanks again for these games, this is truly awesome! I really appreciate it!

And if you find any more from my original post (or know someone that might have them), you know where to reach me. Go Boilers!

In case any of your family or friends have these 14 games:

Since you had January 23, 1999 Michigan at Purdue,

do you have any of these 11 games listed below?

November 1998 2nd exhibition game (after November 2nd)

November 16, 1998 Illinois – Chicago at Purdue

November 25, 1998 Purdue vs North Carolina

December 8, 1998 Illinois State at Purdue

December 11, 1998 Valparaiso at Purdue

December 19, 1998 Purdue at Butler

December 22, 1998 Purdue vs South Carolina

December 27, 1998 Purdue at Providence

January 16, 1999 Indiana @ Purdue

February 4, 1999 Iowa at Purdue

February 9, 1999 Purdue at Indiana

Some games I ask about are losses because I want to see how well certain Purdue players did. Saying how thankful I am for all you have already done would be an understatement. Thank you very much again! Go Boilers!

Last edited:

Thank you again for all these games! Still enjoying them!

Below is the final game I am still searching for

(if you know someone that has it)?

Was the UNC Asheville game televised? That seems like an early season game that may have been radio only against a weaker team.

Was the UNC Asheville game televised? That seems like an early season game that may have been radio only against a weaker team.
It was televised. I used to have it on VHS but lost it. Appreciate the post.

Let me know if you find it or know another Boiler that has it. VHS or DVD would be great!

ADVERTISEMENT