ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue in play for 2017 5-star forward? (link)

Based on the responses to that Tweet, it sounds like a potential 5th year Big who Purdue originally recruited may be coming. I haven't followed the list of grad transfers very closely. Any ideas?

Recruit the best talent, period. Yes, attitude and fit with who we have coming back matter.

I see no red flags with McCoy, only green ones. Kentucky, Duke, et al. do seem to do OK with one-and-dines.

Why not go for the best we can get?

I'm guessing you meant to include Louisville for this?

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
Based on the responses to that Tweet, it sounds like a potential 5th year Big who Purdue originally recruited may be coming. I haven't followed the list of grad transfers very closely. Any ideas?

I did not read 5th year into it? Maybe Derek Willis though?

Perhaps the once recruited is a 7' Williams from Fort Wayne who went elsewhere and now has changed his mid and coming here? Who knows?

I just thought it was in reference to either McCoy or Ondingo though.....

I have read on here several times, we will know more tomorrow .......well its tomorrow....still know nothing more.

Last edited:

Perhaps the once recruited is a 7' guy from Fort Wayne who went elsewhere and now has changed his mid and coming here? Who knows?

I have read on here several times, we will know more tomorrow .......well its tomorrow....still know nothing more.
We will know more tomorrow

Perhaps the once recruited is a 7' Williams from Fort Wayne who went elsewhere and now has changed his mid and coming here? Who knows?

Malik Williams to Louisville is the reference...

I heard Malik Williams as a rumor someone put forward. I don't believe it. I do think there is some merit to the Trevor Thompson rumor though.

Reactions: pboiler18
can he back out of his signed LOI? is this guy inferring that he might be coming to purdue instead?

That would be amazing

Did we recruit Thompson originally? And is he a 5th year eligible? I don't recall much about him.
I can't recall. I mainly remember anthony lee from temple being recruited, but seem to recall Thompson as well. I'm getting too old to remember all thist stuff :)

Maybe we're turning a corner? All of this is great to talk about like it's pie in the sky, but what if..........and with regards to recruiting blue chippers or one and done kids. If you're seriously believing it's a waste of time, then you're basically admitting your regime is mediocre and you yourself don't believe they can become a highly successful program.
If this was in response to me I'm not saying anything other than THIS KID isn't coming to Purdue.

Not sure how Thompson could play immediately but I don't know all the recruiting laws by heart either. He's be a decent pick up but I wouldn't be overwhelmed by it. OSU players seem to be broken under the current regime.

Edit: He's a third year sophomore according to 247 which means he's been held back a few times :lol:

Not sure how Thompson could play immediately but I don't know all the recruiting laws by heart either. He's be a decent pick up but I wouldn't be overwhelmed by it. OSU players seem to be broken under the current regime.

Edit: He's a third year sophomore according to 247 which means he's been held back a few times :lol:
He has his degree or plans to have it. He would be a fifth year transfer and immediately eligible.

Reactions: pboiler18
It means they sit out a year if they change their mind. That's meaningful to me.

Well, they don't sit out a year if the school releases them from their LOI which is common after a coaching change or if there are upcoming sanctions. Coincidentally, one week ago it was announced that the NCAA rejected UL's defense of Rick Pitino in the scandal with the prostitutes. Speculation is that he could be suspended next year along with other sanctions. So, that could lend some credence to the Malik Williams idea.

http://louisville.247sports.com/Bolt/NCAA-rejects-Louisvilles-defense-of-Rick-Pitino-51934692

Last edited:
Gotta be Trevor Thompson. Fleeing the sinking OSU ship.

I'd love to see him here. He was the best player on that team and helps us tremendously depth wise. That will also lets us play Haarms at the 4 and let the real mismatches ensue

Either spell check is NOT my friend or I meant it.

Who were great one-and-dines? Barkley? Shaq? Shawn Kemp. U-M's Robert "Tractor" Traylor? Big fellas.

Barkly, Shaq, and Traylor all played 3 years of college. Kemp 0 college.

Gotta be Trevor Thompson. Fleeing the sinking OSU ship.

I'd love to see him here. He was the best player on that team and helps us tremendously depth wise. That will also lets us play Haarms at the 4 and let the real mismatches ensue
didn't Thompson go to Va Tech first?

I find that I am much happier over the next 6 months if I just watch recruiting very casually and enjoy it when someone commits. I must also remember not fall into the "well these 5 guys are the ones we talked about on the rivals board so they must be the must haves" trap. I think that will always lead to disappointment and false information.
Wether I can resist or not is another issue.:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT