ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue in play for 2017 5-star forward? (link)

Good find. Would be shocked if we pulled it off but stranger things have happened

If he said he was considering Purdue , then we have a shot. The man wouldn't say that if Purdue wasn't in the picture.

He isn't. Unless being outside his final five and getting a mention but no analysis like he did on his five favorites makes someone think we have a shot. I will say though that Izzo has ruined more bigs than he has sent them to the NBA. Izzo is a guard and wing coach, not bigs.

This would be huge for painter and a possible turning point. I find it strange Purdue just got in the mix.

Prob quite the sales pitch , instant starter , top 5 preseason team with him , instant spotlight and a chance at a championship.

Next year we actually have a sales pitch and a legit one

Reactions: Boiler Buck
He isn't. Unless being outside his final five and getting a mention but no analysis like he did on his five favorites makes someone think we have a shot. I will say though that Izzo has ruined more bigs than he has sent them to the NBA. Izzo is a guard and wing coach, not bigs.

Did you read the article Heller? This is a brand new update

This would be huge for painter and a possible turning point. I find it strange Purdue just got in the mix.

Prob quite the sales pitch , instant starter , top 5 preseason team with him , instant spotlight and a chance at a championship.

Immediate playing time replacing first team All American on a conference champion sweet sixteen team that (probably) returns everyone else.. I'm not sure we're ever going to have a better sales pitch than that one.

Yea. Basically you tell them that they can come into the spot that was occupied by a consensus AA last year with the same returning players around them and have an opportunity to play that same role to the best of their abilities.

No way he goes to MSU with JJJ, Tillman, and Ward there. I am not sure about the 2 bigs who sat out last year too.

Reactions: tjreese
Did you read the article Heller? This is a brand new update
Yes and several others coming out during the McDonalds game. We aren't one of his top five and he is deciding in less than a week. Do you really want the Purdue coaching staff to spend valuable recruit time trying to get this kid? And if Purdue doesn't spend time what kind of shot do you think Purdue has? It was just a different way of asking the question "Did you consider any other schools in the Midwest?" "Purdue".

Wish for it if you want but it isn't going to happen.

BTW, this kid is a 6.11 post player, not a forward.

Yes and several others coming out during the McDonalds game. We aren't one of his top five and he is deciding in less than a week. Do you really want the Purdue coaching staff to spend valuable recruit time trying to get this kid? And if Purdue doesn't spend time what kind of shot do you think Purdue has? It was just a different way of asking the question "Did you consider any other schools in the Midwest?" "Purdue".

Wish for it if you want but it isn't going to happen.

BTW, this kid is a 6.11 post player, not a forward.

I absolutely want Purdue talking with this top 11 kid if we just got a mention.

We will have to agree to disagree here , but we usually agree ha. Not much wasted time if he's deciding in a week

Glad to hear Painter at least in the final discussion for a top 20 guy. Don't hear that very often, especially out of state top 20.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
Really? MSU OK, but Zona/UNLV/SD St/Ore is no where linking to a powerful basketball program. This again shows you how to recruit 5 stars player without a history of success. Coach, please learn from others. You gotta believe

I absolutely want Purdue talking with this top 11 kid if we just got a mention.

We will have to agree to disagree here , but we usually agree ha. Not much wasted time if he's deciding in a week[/QUOTE]

You are wise. I thought the same thing:)

Reactions: jadeezra
There is a tweet from a Spartan site touting how close MSU is to his hometown of Chicago. 233 miles or something compared to over 1000 to the rest of the schools chasing him. Obviously location to home is a facet of his recruitment. Purdue is really close to Chicago..... Where there's smoke there is fire boys....

Story is he said he was considering Purdue when asked who his five were effectively creating a final six list.
Well I read probably five different articles from reputable sites and I never read that one. He just did one while in town for the McDonalds game where he outlines what he likes about the five schools. That writer doesn't mention Purdue at all and neither did McCoy. The source was the Tribune.

OK Heller, I'm convinced you're right, he's not coming.

Can we still talk about like it might happen, is that ok with you?

We have no shot at this guy. He stated his final five and we aren't one of them.
You are so right! He probably saw the Biggie short documentary done by Carl Swanigan and he is suddenly interested in Purdue. No chance a 5 Star from San Diego (I'm 2 hours north) goes to the midwest for college. I'd absolutely love to see it happen but zero chance...

IU sites are to talk about who may or may not be going to Purdue? That doesn't make sense. Hug somebody man, anybody.

Sounds like Purdue hasn't even offered this kid yet. Does it hurt that we just lost an associate coach which would help recruit this kid? Painter needs to at least go for him.

Reactions: JCH434 and nagemj02
Sounds like Purdue hasn't even offered this kid yet. Does it hurt that we just lost an associate coach which would help recruit this kid? Painter needs to at least go for him.

No I actually think it's related , as the above poster said Purdue is going to hire his dad

Reactions: depthcharge623
I have to believe Purdue and Painter have talked to him, but currently have no scholarship to offer and are awaiting Biggie to make and announce his decision.

I have to believe Purdue and Painter have talked to him, but currently have no scholarship to offer and are awaiting Biggie to make and announce his decision.
A couple of other bigs have been offered. I think Painter 100% knows what Biggie is going to do.

Reactions: nagemj02
That's a good point. How can he possibly say we are in his top five if we have no scholly available? Sounds like the kid is hoping Biggie will announce soon, then Painter can offer, then he can append us to his list.

Then he will verbally commit to MSU. Then Biggie will talk him out of the worst mistake he could ever make. Then he will decommit from MSU. Then he will commit to Purdue.

Then the murders will start.

Well I read probably five different articles from reputable sites and I never read that one. He just did one while in town for the McDonalds game where he outlines what he likes about the five schools. That writer doesn't mention Purdue at all and neither did McCoy. The source was the Tribune.
I'll see if I can find the story I'm recalling...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT