ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Northwestern: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

This is a different Purdue team than the group that visited Northwestern last February. Collins figured out that if he could completely mug Edey, Purdue was very limited in how it could respond. I believe that this Purdue team is different. I also think that with Northwestern losing Audige and Purdue adding Jones, the relative athleticism of the two teams has significantly shifted.

If I was one to bet on college basketball games, which I am not, I would give the points and go with Purdue.

Last edited:
Need some folks to step up and hit shots from the perimeter to keep the pressure off of Edey. Painter needs to keep eyes on them doing the box out on free throws. Honestly, Painter gives a single warning to the refs and then tell Zach to slam down both arms on start breaking bones.

I saw that too, but I haven't seen any new news come out that I can find.
And unfortunately I can't see any player props since IL doesn't allow for them in IL school games. To me this would be because someone (not named Edey) is out for Purdue. Or it could be a $100,000 bet on Northwestern.

And unfortunately I can't see any player props since IL doesn't allow for them in IL school games. To me this would be because someone (not named Edey) is out for Purdue. Or it could be a $100,000 bet on Northwestern.
It allows them in KY, and I didn't see any players odds out of the ordinary for any category. Edey's points were over 20.5 at -125.

I can't find anything about anyone being out. 2 1/2 points that quickly is a lot. Something smells and I don't like it.....Hopefully it was just a lot of money coming in on NW, but that doesn't seem likely with a -7.5 line does it?

This is a different Purdue team than the group that visited Northwestern last February. Collins figured out that if he could completely mug Edey, Purdue was very limited in how it could respond. I believe that this Purdue team is different. I also think that with Northwestern losing Audige and Purdue adding Jones, the relative athleticism of the two teams has significantly shifted.

If I was one to bet on college basketball games, which I am not, I would give the points and go with Purdue.

Speaking of athletic ability, I want to see Heide and Colvin get meaningful minutes. Getting them up to speed by the tourney will be huge. Both can shoot, both have length for their position 2/3 and both are ++athletes. If that means less Morton or even a few less minutes for Loyer, so be it.

Edey out would move the line more than 2.5. I am guessing its just the action.

I can't find anything about anyone being out. 2 1/2 points that quickly is a lot. Something smells and I don't like it.....Hopefully it was just a lot of money coming in on NW, but that doesn't seem likely with a -7.5 line does it?
Yeah very odd. Not sure what happened there. And, not that I am, but looking at player props on DK...you can't bet on Braden, but you can on Zach, Fletch and Lance. Is there a reason for that?

• Wow
Reactions: drewjin
Braden out would hurt a ton, he might be as important to our success as Zach
Yeah no doubt. But couldn't bet on Braden in the Maui Invitational either, so I don't think he's out. He wouldn't be anyways after that almost triple double and was healthy. Maybe the team got caught after curfew smokin like XJ and others two years ago in Evanston

Reactions: drewjin and Lee3370
Yeah no doubt. But couldn't bet on Braden in the Maui Invitational either, so I don't think he's out. He wouldn't be anyways after that almost triple double and was healthy. Maybe the team got caught after curfew smokin like XJ and others two years ago in Evanston

And then went to Taco Bell with Indinia's 5* freshman "stud"

Eventhough legal in AZ, I dont bet, so thanks for saying he wasnt available for prop bets in Maui,.....big relief. I have a huge date coming up with UofA where my daughter goes to school, need to be number 1 and 2 so we can watch the game together and battle for the #1 ranking. Be a cool family moment for me.

Reactions: drewjin
Eventhough legal in AZ, I dont bet, so thanks for saying he wasnt available for prop bets in Maui,.....big relief. I have a huge date coming up with UofA where my daughter goes to school, need to be number 1 and 2 so we can watch the game together and battle for the #1 ranking. Be a cool family moment for me.
For sure. I'm going to that game, so it'd be great to see a 1 v 2 matchup. It's going to be tougher for us to stay up there than Zona, since we have more games than they do before we meet.

I saw -5.5? Seems like it would be a safe bet to cover idk your subjecting yourself to how they call the game, though

I would take Purdue and the points at -6.5. Push at -7 and not taking at -7.5 or over. I really think Purdue will win by 7 haha

Moving back up a bit to 5.5. I imagine by now we would have heard of any bad news.

Very! I've felt like @ NW has been about as bad as it gets over the last few years.

Oh I don't know @ Wisky & @ iu are two where watching the refs is always interesting. Between their bad calls and my wife yelling at the TV, face turning red, it's always a hoot.

Then annually @ least 1 of the other away arenas become fertile territory for a refing debacle.

It's the Big Ten opener tonight and Purdue is looking to repeat as league champ for the first time since 1994-96.
Purdue on its way to its 3-pete AGAIN. If accomplished Purdue will have done it twice and Ohio State once. No other big has EVER done it. Purdue is the only team in the big to have been ranked 1st three times in a row as well. Purdue has a commanding lead in home and home over the sisters down south. Enough of a lead that it is highly unlikely that lead will perish before all of us do. Purdue has a winning record against all the Big Teams. No other Big program can begin to match those accomplishments.

Purdue has the most consistently, historic winning basketball program in the big. What kool-aid would one drink to think otherwise...media?

Speaking of athletic ability, I want to see Heide and Colvin get meaningful minutes. Getting them up to speed by the tourney will be huge. Both can shoot, both have length for their position 2/3 and both are ++athletes. If that means less Morton or even a few less minutes for Loyer, so be it.
I want Myles to get it together as well. Right now he sees ball, but not ball man. He gets lost away from the ball and is a bit slow to react. Right now Matt has mostly used him as just spotting up on O and praying on D. I would rank him right beside Woody Austin on D early in his freshman year. Great offensive players that never learned the D as well as many. Woody was at Richmond and that should NEVER have happened. Myles, could get by with his athleticism at his school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT