ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Marquette Game Thread

The year was 2016....the team didn’t trust each other...we lacked a leader...couldn’t hit free throws...we blew giant first half leads...welcome back! Only difference...I think this team figures it out sooner than later!

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Eastern has been such a disappointment this year. I thought he would be an offensive threat, but he hasn’t shown any improvement. Also some terrible bail out fouls tonight. Gotta get these things fixed

Reactions: purdueplayer
I love my boilermakers but I'm realistic this team will struggle this year and you could say whatever you want but they will struggle. There's nobody on this team with the it factor on offense

This is why I thought that if we were going to reach our potential this season we were eventually going to need Newman to play abd play a lot.

Eastern has been such a disappointment this year. I thought he would be an offensive threat, but he hasn’t shown any improvement. Also some terrible bail out fouls tonight. Gotta get these things fixed
Why did you think he'd be an offensive threat?
One particular poster wouldn’t stop talking about how improved his shooting was and how ready he was to take the leap. Also his size should make him a huge mismatch for defenses. He doesn’t know how to use it though.

I’m not sure we will even score again. Hunter and Proctor have to be more selfish for us going forward. Nojel isn’t a threat outside of one foot and his percentage at that range is really bad at this point.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
One particular poster wouldn’t stop talking about how improved his shooting was and how ready he was to take the leap. Also his size should make him a huge mismatch for defenses. He doesn’t know how to use it though.
Lol. I didn't believe that for a second. You don't just "fix" your shooting. It's evident that he has no resemblance of a shot.

Reactions: QuidProJoe
Why did you think he'd be an offensive threat?

I thought he be an offensive threat because we need him to be. When you do not have any instant offense scorers on the team you need every player to at least be a threat to score.

I thought he be an offensive threat because we need him to be. When you do not have any instant offense scorers on the team you need every player to at least be a threat to score.
Why would he change into an offensive threat when he has had no offense for two years?

I will say it again this team will be a bubble team No go to guy on this team and it will not change this year. Those who believe so are just fooling theirselves. My opinion from what I've seen so far We will be playing in the NIT. Now go ahead and bash me for being realistic.

I will say it again this team will be a bubble team No go to guy on this team and it will not change this year. Those who believe so are just fooling theirselves. My opinion from what I've seen so far We will be playing in the NIT. Now go ahead and bash me for being realistic.
We looked worse to start the year last year. Painter will get it figured out, but it’s definitely frustrating to watch right now.

He is what he is. A streaky 3 point shooter who happens to be tall and athletic. Not much else. The Vince comparisons have always been laughable.

yeah that is why I strongly disagreed with the poster that was saying a couple weeks ago that this is the best team Painter has ever had because Wheeler > Edwards and so on and so forth. This team can grow but has a long way to go. We have a ton of work to do on the offensive end and if we do not figure out we might not be ranked again anytime this year.

I like our players but this might be a down year. Our PG can't shoot and really didn't rebound well. He has to be effective on the offensive side of the ball or we have no shot at being good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT