ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the next Commit

Due to the serious allegations and after consulting the voluminous rule book, the judges have asked Bo Boroski to review the results. He vehemently states that the call stands. No changes to the results, sorry Boilers800!
boroskied twice in one week? That ain't right...

I didn't read the latest article about JuCo Wright. But what does it say about a JuCo who says he may wait until after the signing day to sign? To me doing so will significantly reduce his options for schools and available scholarships. As a JuCo, are there specific requirements like completing an associate degree before being eligible to sign or play?

I didn't read the latest article about JuCo Wright. But what does it say about a JuCo who says he may wait until after the signing day to sign? To me doing so will significantly reduce his options for schools and available scholarships. As a JuCo, are there specific requirements like completing an associate degree before being eligible to sign or play?

Depends. If they were full qualifiers out of high school, they dont have to complete the associates degree. The mid year DE was only at JC for a semester

If they werent a qualifier, then they have to complete the associates degree before they can enroll.

This just seems painful at this point. We are going to miss on Sharpe, Harris, Mcdougle, and we got decommitments from Robinson and Johnson on the D-line. I have no idea what happened because a week ago Mcdougle seemed excited about visiting Purdue and then he didn't. Johnson and Robinson were all in. Now we are going to miss on all three of those players. Just curious as to what happened last week!! Very disappointing because that was the most important position. We need some good linebackers and defensive line players. I am sticking with Jones, but at this point I think he is the best player at a position of need they are going after.

This just seems painful at this point. We are going to miss on Sharpe, Harris, Mcdougle, and we got decommitments from Robinson and Johnson on the D-line. I have no idea what happened because a week ago Mcdougle seemed excited about visiting Purdue and then he didn't. Johnson and Robinson were all in. Now we are going to miss on all three of those players. Just curious as to what happened last week!! Very disappointing because that was the most important position. We need some good linebackers and defensive line players. I am sticking with Jones, but at this point I think he is the best player at a position of need they are going after.
Which Jones? Sterling or Cornell? Cornell actually visited while Sterling didn't make it.

Which Jones? Sterling or Cornell? Cornell actually visited while Sterling didn't make it.

Another high end recruit bailed on a visit eh? Let me just take one step closer to the edge. Don't mind me. I looked up Cornell Jones, and if it is the same one, he doesn't have any P5 offers and he is unrated. He does have good size atleast, but this class that had so much potential is starting to let me down.

Another high end recruit bailed on a visit eh? Let me just take one step closer to the edge. Don't mind me. I looked up Cornell Jones, and if it is the same one, he doesn't have any P5 offers and he is unrated. He does have good size atleast, but this class that had so much potential is starting to let me down.
Wrong Cornell Jones. Here is the right one. Get away from the edge and relax. While Sterling bailed on his visit, Cornell snuck in instead. Now that's what I call keeping up with the Joneses.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/180328

Last edited:
I am very curious as to what's happening on our defensive line. Wilson announces he's returning, and everybody who was committed leaves? is there something about Wilson I don't know about? is there something about our defensive line coach? is there some mystery player who is going to sign?

I'm going with either Zac Collins or the player to be named later. For some reason, I don't believe any of the athletes we are currently recruiting will announce before 1 feb. I have to believe the mass exodus of defensive linemen was because somebody better is coming. or at least, that's my hope. my second hope is that Brohm doesn't lower his standards just to fill out the class.

I'm going with either Zac Collins or the player to be named later. For some reason, I don't believe any of the athletes we are currently recruiting will announce before 1 feb. I have to believe the mass exodus of defensive linemen was because somebody better is coming. or at least, that's my hope. my second hope is that Brohm doesn't lower his standards just to fill out the class.

Zac Collins already committed.

OK...let's get this weekends predictions started, I'll take Dave Steinmetz.

OK - weekend three of the contest is on. Note that Mykelti Williams and Zac Collins are not eligible for guesses. Mykelti is considered already committed and a guess of Collins would be post-facto. It is going to be interesting as we may not hear anything until signing day...but it is possible we get verbals prior....so let's play!

Boilers800: Dave Steinmetz
StickPurdue: Jones (yes, kind of cheap way of casting a wide net)
StateStreet: BJ Sharpe (I am stubborn, dumb, and consistent)
BullwhipGriffith: Octavius Matthews
ChuckJr: Jabreel Stephens
PABoiler78: Sterling Jones (naming a specific Jones gets you nicer winner-dinner than a wide net!)
Wolegib: Isaac Zico from Corey Winfield (and unlike other weeks I' m not changing my prediction)
Boilers1987: Isaac Zico
BoilerinChiTown: Isaac Zico (rubber chicken award?)

Others will be added when posted.....

Wolgib, before you make me search out Bo for rules clarifications, please ensure you read the very thorough and complete set of rules for this contest. Bo does not like it when I bother him. Much like when Tim Miles bothers him. The rules have been copied below for you:

Rules:

Now Boiler up and lets get some B1G recruits!.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChuckJr
OK - weekend three of the contest is on. Note that Mykelti Williams and Zac Collins are not eligible for guesses. Mykelti is considered already committed and a guess of Collins would be post-facto. It is going to be interesting as we may not hear anything until signing day...but it is possible we get verbals prior....so let's play!

Boilers800: Dave Steinmetz
StickPurdue: Jones (yes, kind of cheap way of casting a wide net)
StateStreet: BJ Sharpe (I am stubborn, dumb, and consistent)
Others will be added when posted.....

Wolgib, before you make me search out Bo for rules clarifications, please ensure you read the very thorough and complete set of rules for this contest. Bo does not like it when I bother him. Much like when Tim Miles bothers him. The rules have been copied below for you:

Rules:

Now Boiler up and lets get some B1G recruits!.

Sticking with Octiavious Matthews

Reactions: StateStreet123
It's probably not fair that I am attempting a three peat when I really should let other fellow KHs get some glory, so to let others have a fighting chance, I'm going with a wild card. Jabreel Stephens.

It's probably not fair that I am attempting a three peat when I really should let other fellow KHs get some glory, so to let others have a fighting chance, I'm going with a wild card. Jabreel Stephens.
ChuckJr I can't tell if you're lucky or good, you seem to be the kind of guy who could fall into a barrel of crap and come out smelling like Aqua Velva. This makes Stephens a legit candidate.

Reactions: ChuckJr
I will need a little more time to review all of the candidates. if Brohm is going to shake the bushes looking for a 2* LB, I'd prefer that linebacker came from Indiana rather than Florida or Alabama.

chuck isn't really that lucky. he just uses his gold member status and picks who brian says is likely to sign with us. I'm surprised he didn't go with LB McWilliams.

I do read what Brian is saying but I look at other sources as well. It is pure luck with a smidgen of knowledge. Hope we are all correct this time and all of our picks commit. I think the safest pick is Steinmetz. We are a no brainer for him.

I will need a little more time to review all of the candidates. if Brohm is going to shake the bushes looking for a 2* LB, I'd prefer that linebacker came from Indiana rather than Florida or Alabama.

I think Abram is recruited as a LB...needs a redshirt and 20-25 lbs, but I think he's a OLB candidate

tough call. the GBI picture of #45 is Miami's Cornell Jones. out of nowhere, Jabriel Street decided to decommit from Louiville with only 1 week left. he either has an under the table offer in his pocket or he just committed football suicide. Sharpe had all those DIV 1 offers before he decommitted from WKU, and after doing so, has been silent ever since. Juco WR Wright said he'd commit after signing day. Brohm has been recruiting WR Payton forever without much sucess. Mackey is making the news again with a visit to USF and the quote "my mind is in it, but my heart isn't" Sounds like his mom wants him to go to Purdue, but he doesn't. Stienmetz is YUUUUUUUGE and would be a grad transfer to plug a hole for a year. I haven't seen anything that said he's interested in Purdue or vice versa. Matthews isn't saying until next week, and I believe somebody will commit before then. after committing to tenn, I doubt RB Jordan shows up for his official visit. Moore is staying on the West Coast. Yeast and Harris are headed to the BIG SHOW ! Potts and pans is hangin' in the kitchen.

Earlier in the week I was predicting WR Davonta Payton. but today after reading the tweets of about 15 prospective recruits including Mackey's worrisome tweets about having second thoughts and his official visit to USF this weekend, I'm going to predict the only target that tweeted / mentioned Purdue in the last 24 hours to his peeps. this player is from St louis, spent some time in New York and is now making his final decision between West Virginia and Purdue. he visited West Virginia last week and currently just tweeted he is on a plane to visit Purdue today with some tough decisions to make. he's a DB as insurance against Mackey decommitting, and a grad transfer from Syracuse and also had his picture on the front page of GBI as a top target. My prediction is Db Corey Winfield ! given a choice of West Virginia or Purdue, I predict he'll choose Purdue. I'm betting on Purdue's grad program being a lot better fit for his resume than West Virginia's on the field football success. His only reason to go to West Virginia is to go to a Bowl game. I have to believe he's starting to think more about his education than his potential NFL career. And we also have a great secondary coach .

and unlike other weeks I' m not changing my prediction.

The issue with picking Winfield is that he is taking a trip to WVU next weekend so he may not decide this weekend. But, I hope you are correct!

The issue with picking Winfield is that he is taking a trip to WVU next weekend so he may not decide this weekend. But, I hope you are correct!

my sources said he visited WV previously and Purdue was his last visit. Next weekend would be after their LOI day. On a positive note, Winfield was supposed to visit Purdue on the 13/14th, but experienced weather problems, and he thinks enough of us, he's coming back for a visit this weekend..

on a negative note, in looking at WV, they had 9 visitors on 20 jan, and 8 of 9 committed to WV. On 9 Dec they also had 9 official visitors obtaining 7 commitments. DT McDougle is visiting WV this weekend.

I'm going for the sure thing : Isaac Zico announces at 5 PM tonight which will be before Winfield arrives. Zico had a nice trip to Wash last weekend but left without announcing. Zico and Brohm go back a ways. ZICO will be the first to announce. and commit to Purdue unless there is some kicker from kokomo !

I actually knew Zico had committed this morning so I was making my prediction for this weekend.

well at least you were polite enough to allow the kid to have his moment unlike the guys at Washington. I made my prediction based on the fact he was going to announce tonight. He went to Washington and didn't commit last weekend. and brohm had recruited him out of high school and at WKU and at Purdue.

I would guess that means Payton, Wright and all other receivers are out.

For our purposes and rules, my prediction of Zico should count. Because the words that he committed were not his. they are from Scout and Washington. MSU and the media thought Swanigan had committed to MSU. . And Zico could change his mind before 5 PM tonight and his official announcement.

well at least you were polite enough to allow the kid to have his moment unlike the guys at Washington. I made my prediction based on the fact he was going to announce tonight. He went to Washington and didn't commit last weekend. and brohm had recruited him out of high school and at WKU and at Purdue.

I would guess that means Payton, Wright and all other receivers are out.

For our purposes and rules, my prediction of Zico should count. Because the words that he committed were not his. they are from Scout and Washington. MSU and the media thought Swanigan had committed to MSU. . And Zico could change his mind before 5 PM tonight and his official announcement.

Washington State not Washington. And I think we might take another receiver in addition to Zico.

I actually knew Zico had committed this morning so I was making my prediction for this weekend.
Wow! ChuckJr knew Zico had committed before Brian. I'm calling for an immediate investigation into "Predict The Next Commit" fraud. I believe this contest is rigged in favor of ChuckJr.

Reactions: Wolegib
Wow! ChuckJr knew Zico had committed before Brian. I'm calling for an immediate investigation into "Predict The Next Commit" fraud. I believe this contest is rigged in favor of ChuckJr.

I agree. he knew the last recruit before he was announced as well. I want a Yuuuuuge investigation into recruitment prediction voter fraud, and a wall built around chuck to ground him. and a Corona before their prices double. and his last two chicken dinners

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT