ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the next Commit

I DID not say I knew Zico committed before Brian did. I said I knew this morning from a communication I saw. My guess is Brian knew way before me. The chicken dinners were awesome and I want to win another but I'm not cheating. I'm not Slick Rick for God's sake.

Matthews is more of a receiver than running back. Sort of a receiver out of the backfield. Although Brohm has been very aggressive in recruiting Payton for a long time.

well at least you were polite enough to allow the kid to have his moment unlike the guys at Washington. I made my prediction based on the fact he was going to announce tonight. He went to Washington and didn't commit last weekend. and brohm had recruited him out of high school and at WKU and at Purdue.

I would guess that means Payton, Wright and all other receivers are out.

For our purposes and rules, my prediction of Zico should count. Because the words that he committed were not his. they are from Scout and Washington. MSU and the media thought Swanigan had committed to MSU. . And Zico could change his mind before 5 PM tonight and his official announcement.
If Purdue can get all three WR's, Zico, Wright & Payton, I believe they will take all 3. These are 3 fabulous talents. Don't turn away any of these 3 WR's of this talent level.

Reactions: ChuckJr
I agree. he knew the last recruit before he was announced as well. I want a Yuuuuuge investigation into recruitment prediction voter fraud, and a wall built around chuck to ground him. and a Corona before their prices double. and his last two chicken dinners

How can anyone question the ethics and decision making of this man? All past decisions are final. And the Contest Rules Committee will head to Broad Ripple shortly to track down Bo for a ruling on Zico.

Please, for such a prestigious contest as this one, and with stakes so high, let us not mock or question the rules.
images

"I am not a crook"

I DID not say I knew Zico committed before Brian did. I said I knew this morning from a communication I saw. My guess is Brian knew way before me. The chicken dinners were awesome and I want to win another but I'm not cheating. I'm not Slick Rick for God's sake.
Relax ChuckJr, all of these posts are for fun only. Even though you knew about Zico this morning while Brian and me were waiting for 5 pm :p...I think this whole thread is hilarious. Keep rolling ChuckJr, we all might just wait for you to pick in the future and then go with your pick...

Relax ChuckJr, all of these posts are for fun only. Even though you knew about Zico this morning while Brian and me were waiting for 5 pm :p...I think this whole thread is hilarious. Keep rolling ChuckJr, we all might just wait for you to pick in the future and then go with your pick...

Wait. What? For fun only? Do you NOT understand the prestige of this Contest?

It is nearing 5pm. For those that chose Zico....be prepared to submit another pick. And we will let you know shortly if the Zico choice is worthy of winner status....

I agree you are not Slick Rick, you are all the luck Chuck.

My prediction remains Zico. and I don't care who thought the y knew what. I made my prediction before his announcement. His mind could have changed. and the media has been wrong before. that chicken dinner is MINE ! although, on a related note, we could have a lot of egg on our face if he announces at 5 PM tonight for someplace else.

My next prediction is Corey Winfield.

I was robbed by the rules committee of my Williams pick, and then again of my Collins pick . I shall have my revenge ZICO !!! a Wolegib never forgets ! and a Wolegib spelled backwards is:

I was robbed by the rules committee of my Williams pick, and then again of my Collins pick . I shall have my revenge ZICO !!! a Wolegib never forgets ! and a Wolegib spelled backwards is:
I was robbed of my Williams pick, and the rule to keep Williams out of the picks came from my protest. So Wolegib, it looks like we are in the same boat.

I was robbed of my Williams pick, and the rule to keep Williams out of the picks came from my protest. So Wolegib, it looks like we are in the same boat.
OK - weekend three of the contest is on. Note that Mykelti Williams and Zac Collins are not eligible for guesses. Mykelti is considered already committed and a guess of Collins would be post-facto. It is going to be interesting as we may not hear anything until signing day...but it is possible we get verbals prior....so let's play!

UPDATE

LATEST WINNERS
Wolegib: Isaac Zico *** WInner Winner Chicken Dinner***
Boilers1987: Isaac Zico *** Winner Winner ***
BoilerinChiTown: Isaac Zico *** Winner Winner ***

Wolegib with solid logic and a winning pick with Zico. Also, 1987 and Chitown get to feast.

Yes, the Rules Committee successfully (?) tracked down Bo Boroski. He was found laying in a gutter outside the Mousetrap Lounge just south of Broad Ripple. Sadly, he was completely incoherent this time. The only words I could understand were 'that is a flagrant' followed by some more garble and then 'purdue'. But I am pretty sure I heard the word Zico in there too. Decision made!

Wolegib will receive a specially prepared chicken dinner for his perseverance. Much like a 'Price is Right', contestant, he outlasted the field and pulled one off at the last hour for a sweet victory. Enjoy! And it is finally nice of ChuckJr to share some of his spoils with others. Between you and me, I think Boilers800 may be onto something though.

A big weekend still awaits. On a serious note, it is so nice to have some fun and INTEREST (long overdue) in Purdue football again.

The predictions for NEXT UP are:

Boilers800: Dave Steinmetz
StickPurdue: Jones (yes, kind of cheap way of casting a wide net)
StateStreet: BJ Sharpe (I am stubborn, dumb, and consistent)
BullwhipGriffith: Octavius Matthews
ChuckJr: Jabreel Stephens
PABoiler78: Sterling Jones (naming a specific Jones gets you nicer winner-dinner than a wide net!)
Wolegib: Corey Winfield
DaChosenOne: Octavius Mathews
Others will be added when posted.....

Now Boiler up and lets get some B1G recruits!. Anybody know of serious interest in a Defensive Tackle for Purdue?

Last edited:
Wolegib, are you actually Duece Bigelow the recruiting Gigolo?

That was my life story and autobiography on the big screen. You guys said I was arrogant and a name dropper to talk about my NASA days. Just think if I had told you who I really was. My email inbox would be filled with requests for advice. I try my best to maintain a low key lifestyle about my real identity.

some chicken dinner food for thought. On one of these threads when talking about Zico, Payton and Wright, it was said by somebody they are all great receivers and we should sign all of them. I would disagree. That was one of Hazell's biggest recruiting flaws. He would stockpile good players at one or positions, which would create a lack of depth at our other key positions. With Zico's signing, we now have 5 receivers in one class. Pittman may become a tight end. And Matthews has to be considered as a RB/WR. Rather than gathering a lot of talent at one position, and then not utilizing it, I believe Zico should be the last WR commitment. I'd sure like to add Payton, and Wright was ok, but we need to use those remaining scholarships on defensive linemen, linebackers, and maybe another offensive lineman and RB.

some chicken dinner food for thought. On one of these threads when talking about Zico, Payton and Wright, it was said by somebody they are all great receivers and we should sign all of them. I would disagree. That was one of Hazell's biggest recruiting flaws. He would stockpile good players at one or positions, which would create a lack of depth at our other key positions. With Zico's signing, we now have 5 receivers in one class. Pittman may become a tight end. And Matthews has to be considered as a RB/WR. Rather than gathering a lot of talent at one position, and then not utilizing it, I believe Zico should be the last WR commitment. I'd sure like to add Payton, and Wright was ok, but we need to use those remaining scholarships on defensive linemen, linebackers, and maybe another offensive lineman and RB.
You have made it clear that you didn't want any more WR's after Zico, but I think it has been clear all along that CJB and staff want Wright and Payton too. They are doing their best to load us up with every player we need to be successful with this offense in the B1G.

I'm going to guess somebody who's currently committed to WKU. Maybe their long snapper. You can never have too many former WKU long snappers.

I'm just trying to fit in here and be like all the rest of you . That 3 threetreepee guy is my mentor. Some of his 25,000+ posts are epic. I probably shouldn't' mention my wife is an IU grad to him. I got my chicken dinner, and could have had three except for the rules interpretations and conferences disallowing my choices. I tried to maintain the high road, and post paragraphs of my speculations, and what happens? Posters call me all sorts of names. I doubt they even read my entire posts. Am I arrogant or proud that I worked for NASA ? That should be the dream of a Purdue grad and I lived it rather than working for Bob Roar man ! So I'm trying the one word posts that people seem to like and read and reply with. I though my post was both accurate and classy.

The grad transfers can wait until well after NSD to decide.

there is one problem. They can wait as long as they want, but if they do they risk that no scholarship may be available to give. I don't see brohm holding onto a scholarship waiting for a grad transfer to make up his mind. he took swift action to replace Hayes. he probably has other players who also want and are willing to accept that offer on signing day.

there is one problem. They can wait as long as they want, but if they do they risk that no scholarship may be available to give. I don't see brohm holding onto a scholarship waiting for a grad transfer to make up his mind. he took swift action to replace Hayes. he probably has other players who also want and are willing to accept that offer on signing day.

I wouldnt take current rosters as gospel. I think you will see some defections after the spring game. It would be unbelievable if no one transferred.

one question. is Patterson still considered as part of our team for scholarship purposes?

Derrik Barnes is the answer! He's a 2* RB/lb formerly committed to Toledo. From Kentucky.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT