ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the next Commit

Purdue appears to be going some big names. Four very notable names are George Moore, Justin Harris, Mykelti Williams, and Russ Yeast. Landing those four would bump them into the top half. Realistically if they land 2-4 this late in the game that would be down right impressive. Yeast is a longshot. After his visit with Purdue he tweeted about the visit. Within 2 hours he retweeted about himself about the Louisville visit he had a few days prior. He also picked up an Oklahoma offer recently. Harris is only an offer away from going to LSU. I haven't hear anything further on Moore, but people on the board here seem to think he will stay on the West Coast. Williams is the most likely of the four. Harris is probably the most important because of his size and our need on the defensive line for people that can play right away. Moore is slightly behind Harris because of his size and ability to start immediately on the offensive line. With Brohm I feel we have a chance to steal one away, but it sure would be nice to have all four of those players.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
The key is that while others have said no way should we even have hope or even try, Brohm has refused to accept no as an answer! Rather than waiting until next year and seeing how things go, he wants and expects immediate improvements. He is a win now type of coach. Fleck is much the same way at Minn. In recruiting Yeast, rather than settling and going after Louisville's left overs, he's going after their best.

Last edited:
The key is that while others have said no way should we even have hope or even try, Brohm has refused to accept no as an answer! Rather than waiting until next year and seeing how things go, he wants and expects immediate improvements. He is a win now type of coach. Fleck is much the same way at Minn. In recruiting. Yeast, rather thansettling and going after Louisville's left overs, he's going after their best.
I'll pick Lamonte McDougle.

Update on everyone's predictions to start a fun weekend!

StateStreet123: BJ Sharpe
GKMorris: George Moore
Wolegib: George Moore
PABoiler: George Moore
Bullhorn99: George Moore
BullwhipGriffith: Anthony Palomares
Boilers800 - Anthony Palomares (trying for the gold and bronze medal here)
Wolegib: Javonta Payton (discreetly puts his second pick on the board - no complaining he read the rules)
OhioBoiler: Mykelti Williams
BullwhipGriffith: "the field of everyone never mentioned" (the rules committee is admittedly struggling with this one)
PABoiler: Lamonte McDougle (trying to screw Bullwhip by throwing out random names?)
OhioBoiler3: Jarell White- please try again
StickPurdue: Jarell White- please try again
ChuckJr: Jarell White- please try again

LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!!!

Wolegib: Javonta Payton (discreetly puts his second pick on the board - no complaining he read the rules)
BullwhipGriffith: "the field of everyone never mentioned" (the rules committee is admittedly struggling with this one)
PABoiler: Lamonte McDougle (trying to screw Bullwhip by throwing out random names?)

LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!!!

I'll go with Dante Johnson to be different. It is possible Palomares and Williams sign up as well. Would be nice to lock in at least two commitments over the weekend. There are also a pie of JUCO WRs visiting, but they should be low on the priority, especially if we are going all in on Yeast.

LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!!!

I'll go with Dante Johnson to be different. It is possible Palomares and Williams sign up as well. Would be nice to lock in at least two commitments over the weekend. There are also a pie of JUCO WRs visiting, but they should be low on the priority, especially if we are going all in on Yeast.

The juco WRs are a priority and will take two if they can get both of them. No experience returning and can't count on all freshmen. May be two freshmen at most and I'd pick Hayes and Edwards of those. It's best to redshirt as many as possible so juco players would allow for that.

I'm changing my next pick to be Mykelti Williams and I'll take Palomares for net weekend
I'd also like to change mine to Williams as McDougle is coming next weekend, just recently noticed that, still want McDougle though.

The juco WRs are a priority and will take two if they can get both of them. No experience returning and can't count on all freshmen. May be two freshmen at most and I'd pick Hayes and Edwards of those. It's best to redshirt as many as possible so juco players would allow for that.

I understand wanting to redshirt one or two receivers, but add Yeast and that would still give us three guys that could come in and start day 1 even if we redshirt 2 players. We have much greater needs and I would rather have Yeast than any of the JUCO WRs. Not saying we get him, but signing a JUCO kills any chance of signing Yeast.

Lot's of waffling going on now amongst the predictors. But I completely understand as we all want to put our best foot forward in such a prestigious competition. The latest and greatest updates are below:

Wolegib: Mykelta Willams (last second flip from Javonta Payton/Anthony Palomares - and discreetly puts his second pick on the board - no complaining he read the rules)
PABoiler: Mykelta Williams (flip flopped from McDougle)
Boilers800 - Mykelta Williams (flip flopper from Palomares)
StickPurdue - Dante Johnson
ChuckJr - Dante Johnson

Last edited:
Because of recent events with about 10,000 WR coming this weekend, I am changing my stock option to the safe bet. I now Predict Palomares. He had said about a month ago, he would wait until his visit to commit. I have no doubt, we'll sign 1-2 WR, but it might take until Monday to get Commitment. And bullwhip has VIP status, so I'll go with his pick. Safe and sure. Or maybe........

Based on new observations primarily bullwhip liking the previous post about palomares visiting next weekend, I'm going to go with Williams . My final answer.

Looking forward to the next few weeks on who commits. Nice to read about potential recruits and inside info some have.

I tried to commit... But they said they were all full up on old fat guys.

I think I will be committed waiting for the names to be announced. Upon my official visit this weekend, I met a guy at a Purdue sports shop who claimed to be a VIP poster and after I told him my name, refused to tell me his posting name.

For FYI purposes and not worthy of a thread, but the GBI tweets are referring to Pittman as a TE. I believe he has the size to be a TE. I mention this because if this is also the view of the Purdue staff, it would also affect their recruiting of other TEs and WRs.

Reactions: ChuckJr
Chicken dinners for all!!! We have more winners! I'm thinking the next few days may produce a couple more....

Boilers800: Giovanni Hightower *winner winner chicken dinner* 1st place
Heiner: Nick Holt *winner winner* 2nd place
StickPurdue & ChuckJr: *winners* 3rd place

Hey StateStreet can we make a new thread for week 2 of visits? This ones getting long?

I'm sticking with Anthony Palamores

Hey StateStreet can we make a new thread for week 2 of visits? This ones getting long?

I'm sticking with Anthony Palamores

Agree. I'll try and throw something out there later this week.

But in the meantime.....

We have our three winners! Enjoy the chicken dinners. Everyone else.....thanks for playing and here is a nice participation trophy!

can I go with Williams now, and Palamores next Sunday ? I'm confident Palamores will commit, but not until he visits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT