ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the next Commit

StateStreet123

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 9, 2010
OK - quiet night compared to yesterday when it rained commitments. So give me your prediction. Who is the next player that commits to Purdue? Feel free to come back and thump your chest if correct!

I'll start.

BJ Sharpe

you stole my Thunder if you look at his tweets, 75% of them are about Purdue. This article quotes him as saying of all the schools Purdue sticks out. he's already made two unofficial visits. Brohm also made him an offer to come to WKU in November. One recruiting site listed him as a possible outside linebacker. i'm not sure what brohm offered him at WKU, but looking at our current roster, we have 0 running back recruits. here's a link. http://www.scout.com/college/footba...7413-3-star-jarell-white-looking-at-officials

with all that said, I believe at the end of the day White will sign with Purdue. however, in the linked article, he said he wanted to take some official visits and choose in January or a little earlier. for that reason, I don't believe he'll be our next commitment.

as a JuCo I believe George Moore will make a decision and sign because he has to do it this week to report early. he was already planning on signing early with Wash St, but backed out after our offer to think things over. My money is on Moore to be the first to commit. but White will eventually commit and probably make his announcement at his all star game.

Last edited:
you stole my Thunder if you look at his tweets, 75% of them are about Purdue. This article quotes him as saying of all the schools Purdue sticks out. he's already made two unofficial visits. Brohm also made him an offer to come to WKU in November. One recruiting site listed him as a possible outside linebacker. i'm not sure what brohm offered him at WKU, but looking at our current roster, we have 0 running back recruits. here's a link. http://www.scout.com/college/footba...7413-3-star-jarell-white-looking-at-officials

with all that said, I believe at the end of the day White will sign with Purdue. however, in the linked article, he said he wanted to take some official visits and choose in January or a little earlier. for that reason, I don't believe he'll be our next commitment.

as a JuCo I believe George Moore will make a decision and sign because he has to do it this week to report early. he was already planning on signing early with Wash St, but backed out after our offer to think things over. My money is on Moore to be the first to commit. but White will eventually commit and probably make his announcement at his all star game.
Moore, hopefully we get a LB or two in this class.

Moore, hopefully we get a LB or two in this class.

WKU was recruiting Jarrel White as a OLB...I wonder if that would be the case here.

That's a smaller than average LB but it appears at WKU they liked speed over size or maybe they use a LB/SS hybrid in their base defense

Blough would do cartwheels if Moore came here. Staff can show him a OL depth chart with three empty spots.

as a JuCo I believe George Moore will make a decision and sign because he has to do it this week to report early. he was already planning on signing early with Wash St, but backed out after our offer to think things over. My money is on Moore to be the first to commit. but White will eventually commit and probably make his announcement at his all star game.[/QUOTE]

Rivals now shows him only interested in Wash. St., Oregon St., and Arizona St. with a January visit to ASU set up. Interest in Purdue "none". Bummer.

WKU was recruiting Jarrel White as a OLB...I wonder if that would be the case here.

That's a smaller than average LB but it appears at WKU they liked speed over size or maybe they use a LB/SS hybrid in their base defense
Joe Odom was a smaller than average LB who could fly to the ball, ,cover sideline to sideline, and was tough as nails when he came to Purdue as a MLB (about 205 pounds).

With LB's, you can always scheme to prevent OL from getting to them and allowing them to make plays in space...but you can't teach speed. In today's game, Purdue isn't going to spend a lot of time defending teams that simply smash in to you and run it at you (outside of Whisky and Iowa)...and frankly, Whisky throws the ball around just as much as anyone lately.

In the past 2 days, I have seen three different players tweet they received offers: a WR from cal, a JuCo OL from cal and the little brother db from Louisiana. When does the no contact period start and end?

In the past 2 days, I have seen three different players tweet they received offers: a WR from cal, a JuCo OL from cal and the little brother db from Louisiana. When does the no contact period start and end?

Already started. Ends Jan 11 i think.

What are the names of these Juco's? I hope we load up on immediate impact Juco's.

Reactions: ChuckJr
in the past 24 hours the following players tweeted they received offers from Purdue 3/4* De Justin Harris (currently committed to UCF ), 3* db Sparks (brother is redshirt QB at Purdue) 3* WR/TE Michael Owusu who had 2 brothers who played at Stanford and 3* OL Anthony Palomares is the lone JuCo player

Ljhoss2000
Juwuan Jones, LB, Lanier High School of GA could be the next committ or could be soon. He is a 3 Star on Rivals and 247Sports. Around 6'3" and 232lbs, I think he was selected All State, All Region, and All County for 2016. A verbal commit to WKU under Coach Brohm.

Stats: 136 tackles (91 solo), 15 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, 1 Interceptions, 4 PBUs.

Justin Harris, a 3* De who is still committed to Central Florida, has just decided to open up his recruitment and scheduled 3 official visits in January. Purdue is his first scheduled visit.

Harris also has scheduled visits to Ol Miss and Baylor. Certainly not a slam dunk, and I would be surprised if he signed before taking those official visits. Baylor is a bit of a mess right now, but they cleaned house. With that said, Harris would be a very good get for Purdue.

Jarell White is my hope/guess. Cincinnati is taking a big run at him. He is an OLB/RB. A little undersized, but he fills a need and would immediately be one of the most talented players in the class.

George Moore the WKU is also high on my list. A JUCO lineman that would start day 1. Biggest need and one of the best players available for it. He has some big time offers so I am not sure he will pick Purdue.

The best guess is probably another former WKU commit. Sharpe or Jones. Coach already has good contact with them and they are both positions of need.

Ljhoss2000
Juwuan Jones, LB, Lanier High School of GA could be the next committ or could be soon. He is a 3 Star on Rivals and 247Sports. Around 6'3" and 232lbs, I think he was selected All State, All Region, and All County for 2016. A verbal commit to WKU under Coach Brohm.

Stats: 136 tackles (91 solo), 15 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, 1 Interceptions, 4 PBUs.
He would be a really good flip!

Justin Harris, a 3* De who is still committed to Central Florida, has just decided to open up his recruitment and scheduled 3 official visits in January. Purdue is his first scheduled visit.
Harris would be a great get as he is a 6'6" DE...it would be great to get him and Hightower...2 6'6" 245lb. DE's.

Last edited:
Harris would be a great get as he is a 6'6" DE...it would be great to get him and Hightower.
I'd like to see Jones and Harris, we need LB's and DE's. We had so much trouble this past year w/ DE's not setting the edge and opposing RB's just easily going around the corner for big gains.

Doesn't appear it will be Sparks as he tweeted something about getting paid at Missouri...

My assessment of Hightower:

Young man has a body that appears ready to take on additional mass but not hurt his overall athleticism. Only 225 pounds right now but in his junior year highlights, was a me to maintain position when playing an interior DL position very well, read keys, and make plays. If he can improve technique with the help of a DL coach and get a good first step, he appears to have the athleticism to get to the QB and make plays against the screen game.

Reactions: rezzerfly
Unfortunately Hightower does not appear to be a player who can make an immediate impact. He's a little lean. Sparks committed to Missouri.

[Q
UOTE="JohnnyDoeBoiler, post: 1265861, member: 7108"]Can you elaborate on that? Maybe provide a screen shot of he tweet or a link?[/QUOTE]

His tweet mentioned something to the effect oh Lets get Paid after announcing his commitment, followed by a moneybag emoji.

However, the reference was not for Mizzou to pay him. Rather, it was the fact he is one step closer to getting paid to play in the NFL. Working hard in college is part of that process and he was announcing that step.

<Edit: that was my opinion of the tweet and the intent>

1️⃣3️⃣™ ‏@adamsparks18 15h15 hours ago
100% committed
1f64f-1f3fd.png
1f42f.png
Let's Get Paid
1f4b8.png
#TheZou #Tigers

Have watched Hightower play football since he was in the 9th grade. Probably seen him play at least 20 times. He is at least two years away from being able to play in the B10. But, as someone mentioned, he has the body type to add some weight without losing any speed.

Really happy for him getting the Purdue offer and the chance to get a first class college education. Wish him well except when Purdue is playing IU of course.

Reactions: StateStreet123
My guess. Another JuCo OL

Anthony Palomares.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/5443434/anthony-palomares/about

Moore seems like a longshot and Anthony did make all JC district as a freshman.

Bullwhip - I like it. Seems like a great kid. I just googled him based on your guess. Read the 3rd paragraph from bottom of attached link for where he is leaning (or plans to commit)......a good article overall.

http://www.vvdailypress.com/sports/...colleges-anthony-palomares-named-all-american

Reactions: Bullwhip Griffith
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT