ADVERTISEMENT

Portal Transfers

ghostoffatjack

Sophomore
Jun 15, 2013
Looks like Coach Walters and staff have an opportunity to really bring in many players in both our recruiting class and Portal Transfers with all the players hitting the portal. Hope they can take care of business asap!

Looks like Coach Walters and staff have an opportunity to really bring in many players in both our recruiting class and Portal Transfers with all the players hitting the portal. Hope they can take care of business asap!
Mershawn Rice and Kpaka 2 more of the class of 19

Last edited:
They had better or he won’t be here to long.

In loking at a number of other programs to date, no one has the number of players leaving for the transfer portal then we do. NOt sure how to read that ...if they see the writing on the wall and are not playing but some of our portal guys are players we need to build depth and need them to stick around.
A staff would have to have a very good idea who is unhappy and wants out. He better have a rabbit up his sleeve becasue the guys he bought in last year with the exception of QB 1, really had zero impact on our season. He needs to find the right men to fill out this roster or is this what the middle to lower tier of the big ten teams with limitied NIL money are in for year after year. And i do think that is what we are looking at. Not too excited about our prospects moving forward.

Will they have CASH. For free gets you Malik Langham

I’m still wondering why Sheffield felt it necessary to announce his departure decision before the IU game rather than waiting until this week!

I’m still wondering why Sheffield felt it necessary to announce his departure decision before the IU game rather than waiting until this week!
He committed to ND on Twitter when he had no right to do so

After some sort of altercation/situation on campus early in his Purdue career, the paramedics were called and he allegedly bit one of them

You’re surprised why?

Reactions: krf3632
Well obviously because he wasn't happy and no longer didn't want to be part of the team. The specific reason doesn't matter much.

Reactions: pboiler18
Geezus, it's not a mystery. Sheffield wanted his 15 minutes of fame going out the door. Any player with an ounce of character would have played the game and announced afterwards. He wanted this to be about him because he was putting himself above the team. And I have heard the excuse of pending injury. If that was the case, then he is playing the wrong sport and he needs to go put on some panties and go play with the girls. ITS FOOTBALL!

You hate seeing it but people have to look at the players leaving and remember the portal is a two-way street….players will come back in just as fast!

Sheffield- 5th year guy/starter/ wasn’t impressed for how long he’s been here at Purdue. The timing of his decision was very questionable and little disrespectful to the program if you ask me but oh well.
Brothers - 5th year guy/often injured/lost his starting spot
Sydnor- probably would have started next year depending on Jenkins decision
Rice- 5th year guy/ injuries killed his Career
Kaltenburger- 5th year guy/could of started but lost his opportunity due to injuries
Everyone else- 5th year guys or guys that weren’t playing much or at all.
I respect kids for wanting to be Boilers but this list so far is replaceable.

Last edited:
I'm hoping we get another royal after losing 1 in each of the last two years.

Know of any possibilities, Dub?

In loking at a number of other programs to date, no one has the number of players leaving for the transfer portal then we do. NOt sure how to read that ...if they see the writing on the wall and are not playing but some of our portal guys are players we need to build depth and need them to stick around.
A staff would have to have a very good idea who is unhappy and wants out. He better have a rabbit up his sleeve becasue the guys he bought in last year with the exception of QB 1, really had zero impact on our season. He needs to find the right men to fill out this roster or is this what the middle to lower tier of the big ten teams with limitied NIL money are in for year after year. And i do think that is what we are looking at. Not too excited about our prospects moving forward.
Unless a players coach leaves or gets fired the Portal does not even open until 12/4 according to the rules which could mean other schools are keeping it quiet or their players are not going public until then or they might want to play in a bowl game to get all the perks before entering the portal!

Reactions: Boilerupone
Geezus, it's not a mystery. Sheffield wanted his 15 minutes of fame going out the door. Any player with an ounce of character would have played the game and announced afterwards. He wanted this to be about him because he was putting himself above the team. And I have heard the excuse of pending injury. If that was the case, then he is playing the wrong sport and he needs to go put on some panties and go play with the girls. ITS FOOTBALL!
That type of poor character is not what a team needs. He easily could have supported his team and announced afterwards.

Reactions: tenwest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT