ADVERTISEMENT

Painter's contract extension

Matt has had his contract extended until the 2023-2014 season. Looks like the haters are going to be disappointed again. Let the debate begin. I am happy for him and the program. Basketball is in good hands.

Edit: Football is as well!
Let them hate. Painter is an excellent coach and I hope he keeps earning and getting these extensions.

Matt has had his contract extended until the 2023-2014 season. Looks like the haters are going to be disappointed again. Let the debate begin. I am happy for him and the program. Basketball is in good hands.

Edit: Football is as well!

I'm happy for him. He's a very good coach. I'm just sick of IU Losers coming on here and say they got five championships and we have none. Let's start changing this by hiring a better recruiter and we should be on our way.

Congrats to Matt! He runs a clean well run program and recruits players that represent our university.

i am sure that this thread will turn on a tangent on his recruiting, but I would take our players over the 2 big programs in the state I live in. Don’t know how their coaches can sleep at night.

The extension is a no-brainer. You can't expect him to recruit with less than 5 years remaining on a contract. The only question was the terms.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Just as an FYI, the parents of one of the team managers said their son (who's been doing it a few years) thinks this years team is better than last years.
I expect this years team to be similar to last year’s Michigan team in that they’ll fumble around for a bit early in the season but then hit their stride around 2/3 of the way through the year. Now if they could be similar by reaching the title game too...

Just as an FYI, the parents of one of the team managers said their son (who's been doing it a few years) thinks this years team is better than last years.
I could see how they looked better in some summer pick up games. But BT games usually come down to execution in half court

Last years team was 2nd in Nation in offensive efficiency. Hard to believe there won't be a significant drop off there. I do think we have the potential to be better defensively this year but will take some time to gel.

That’s why I don’t start threads. I always screw things up. I even looked at it to make sure I was not setting myself up for embarrassing fodder. Shot an 81 today so I am happy with myself.
No, no. It's the content that counts.Typos don't matter on a fan forum. :)

That’s why I don’t start threads. I always screw things up. I even looked at it to make sure I was not setting myself up for embarrassing fodder. Shot an 81 today so I am happy with myself.
I once sent a company e-mail to folks about everybody getting all of their "ducks in a row". "U" is right next to "I" on the keyboard. Trust me, you get over it.

I once sent a company e-mail to folks about everybody getting all of their "ducks in a row". "U" is right next to "I" on the keyboard. Trust me, you get over it.

that reminds me. . .

Years ago, I asked my wife to look up the cost of some sporting goods equipment.

Online.

I asked her to check Dicks Sporting Goods.

She went to dicks.com.

It wasn't what she was expecting.

On the phone, she shouted:

Oh

My

GAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!

Not sure if she re-visited the site or not, but it sure caught her by surprise.

I believe they've since purchased that domain. . .

Congrats on the 81! Just curious was that on the front nine or the back nine? Lol!

Reactions: Schnelk
that reminds me. . .

Years ago, I asked my wife to look up the cost of some sporting goods equipment.

Online.

I asked her to check Dicks Sporting Goods.

She went to dicks.com.

It wasn't what she was expecting.

On the phone, she shouted:

Oh

My

GAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!

Not sure if she re-visited the site or not, but it sure caught her by surprise.

I believe they've since purchased that domain. . .
Is this what your wife saw when she accessed dicks.com?

Bob-Knight.jpg
6329381.jpg
tom-crean-ncaa-basketball-big-ten-conference-tournament-indiana-vs-michigan-2.jpg

Based on...what exactly? Have you watched this year's team practice? Not disagreeing, as it seems unlikely. Just want to know why you are so certain.
Replacing 4 seniors who set the record for wins in a Purdue season? Yeah that says enough right there. Could they go farther in the tournament? Always a possibility. But no one can deny last years team was the best since the Baby Boilers

Replacing 4 seniors who set the record for wins in a Purdue season? Yeah that says enough right there. Could they go farther in the tournament? Always a possibility. But no one can deny last years team was the best since the Baby Boilers
I see you went from "no chance in hell" to "always a possibility" pretty quickly. I suspect you were always at the 'possibility' level with your thinking but made a pretty strong statement otherwise. That's why I questioned your response.

Like you I doubt this year's team will win as many games as last year's. Nothing beats having experience in the game. Well, nothing except superior athletic skills. When we lost to Kansas the year before, it was athletes that beat us. This year we could be a tad more athletic than last but that remains to be seen if that will translate into wins on the court.

Congrats to you on your 81. Good rounds must be in the air. The men's golf team shot -11 for the day to win their tournament in northern Indiana. In the 40's up here.
Considering I have only shot in the 70's three times an 81 is pretty good for me. I know what you are talking about, it cooled off down here as well. Only got up to 83 yesterday. I saw on Titter that they went lights out for the big comeback win.

"That's superb form there, Bill. See how he keeps the momentum up and maintains the spine angle consistently throughout the toss....that gives you quite the seat speed.

Yes, now if he could only incorporate that into his golf game, Joe
."

Indiana-University-Head-Coach-Bob-Knight-Throws-Chair-On-Court.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
I can watch these over and over again. Even funnier with the sound.

I see you went from "no chance in hell" to "always a possibility" pretty quickly. I suspect you were always at the 'possibility' level with your thinking but made a pretty strong statement otherwise. That's why I questioned your response.

Like you I doubt this year's team will win as many games as last year's. Nothing beats having experience in the game. Well, nothing except superior athletic skills. When we lost to Kansas the year before, it was athletes that beat us. This year we could be a tad more athletic than last but that remains to be seen if that will translate into wins on the court.
I never went back on my response. Just because if they went farther in the tournament doesn’t make them a better team. So you’re saying Loyola is better than a mile than last years team? We all know that’s not the case

I never went back on my response. Just because if they went farther in the tournament doesn’t make them a better team. So you’re saying Loyola is better than a mile than last years team? We all know that’s not the case
You and I agree on this, but many judge a program's success by ONLY the NCAA's and the end achievement in the tourney is the measure. By that measuring stick, if this year's team gets to the E8 by luck, shear skill, or by bribing officials, they will be the best of Painter's teams. I don't agree with this, but is a practice widely used by many here.

Reactions: Knights2715
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT