ADVERTISEMENT

Painter on Dakich Today

Lots of good stuff from Painter on Dakich today. Topics from WUGs to Carsen, the new guys, and Haas.

The Painter segment starts at 1:32:30 if the link doesn't take you right there. Here's where to listen: Dakich 8/1

Thanks for posting.....

Interesting comments concerning C-Boogie, Matt Haarms, and Nojel Eastern.....and Isaac Haas' expected minutes. Also, a good mention of how CMP does try to cater his offense for his best players....like Biggie Swanigan last year and with E'Twaun Moore back in the day if/when he had it going.

Also, the opportunity is there for Vincent.

I'll be interested to hear feedback for those of you going to practice/scrimmage.

Interesting to hear that VE has not had a lot of stuff (set plays) ran for him in the past. As coach points out he got his playing within the system. I would think he getting some stuff ran for him this year.

Coach speak. I could have worded it a little better for the policing type but whatever.

Thanks for posting.....

Interesting comments concerning C-Boogie, Matt Haarms, and Nojel Eastern.....and Isaac Haas' expected minutes. Also, a good mention of how CMP does try to cater his offense for his best players....like Biggie Swanigan last year and with E'Twaun Moore back in the day if/when he had it going.

I'll be interested to hear feedback for those of you going to practice/scrimmage.

Yeah, between this interview and other recently written articles in recruiting (Castleton referencing wanting to be a pro as 1 example), Painter is definitely selling recruits how they have a potential path to the NBA at Purdue. He seems to still keep things real tho (good thing) and not promise, but the data is there and the potential path is there. We all hear about selling Purdue as Big Man Development U (Landry, JaJuan, Hammons, Biggie), I thought it was particularly interesting in this interview how he talked about getting the ball to your best pro (then referencing Etwaun). It's also a nice soft sell on himself that at Purdue, we don't just play one way offensively (even tho we run a lot of motion sets year to year), he does tweak the point of emphasis of our sets to get the ball in our best player's hands.

I like the pipeline of talent we have on this team. This incoming freshman class has a lot of promise and potential despite not having that many "Top 100" guys (only Eastern if I'm not mistaken). Haarms has a high ceiling potentially (perhaps not highly touted since he's based in Europe) and so does Wheeler (who seemed to not be as highly touted as he played on a stacked high school team with higher ranked guys). I'm not in a position to speak on Ewing or Sasha, but they both seem solid. Looking forward to the season to actually see this team play.

Sasha is an interesting guy for me. A lot of people on here thought it was a forgone conclusion that he was a red shirt. From what I have seen, and it's not much but some, he is quite a bit more athletic than I had thought. If he is a more athletic DM he is going to play as a freshman. RC is a good role player that can shoot. He had issues off the court also and that creates trust issues. I have my own son so I kinda of know what I am talking about when it comes to trusting a young man. Some times they are cured of their wrong doing on the first offense. Sometimes not. If Painter feels the same way Sasha is going to. E available.

Sasha is an interesting guy for me. A lot of people on here thought it was a forgone conclusion that he was a red shirt. From what I have seen, and it's not much but some, he is quite a bit more athletic than I had thought. If he is a more athletic DM he is going to play as a freshman. RC is a good role player that can shoot. He had issues off the court also and that creates trust issues. I have my own son so I kinda of know what I am talking about when it comes to trusting a young man. Some times they are cured of their wrong doing on the first offense. Sometimes not. If Painter feels the same way Sasha is going to. E available.
if sasha plays this year,it will be token minutes and a waste of a year imo. DM, CE and RC are going to eat up most of the minutes and you still have PJ and Eastern ahead of him also.

Reactions: nagemj02
if sasha plays this year,it will be token minutes and a waste of a year imo. DM, CE and RC are going to eat up most of the minutes and you still have PJ and Eastern ahead of him also.
Your most likely correct. We will see what Painter decides to do. I would say if he redshirts it a good sign he is a player but just has to tough of a hill to climb. If he does not shirt I believe it's a sign that he may never be more than a role player.

Thanks for posting.....

Naw, we all know that MP is too stubborn to ever adjust his game to the talent he has. Or for any other reason.

Reactions: BoiledSteel
Naw, we all know that MP is too stubborn to ever adjust his game to the talent he has. Or for any other reason.
Yep and we know it's true because the forum blowhards, I mean, 'experts' tell us so. Doesn't matter there is a mountain of facts that show otherwise, they are always right regardless!

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Yep and we know it's true because the forum blowhards, I mean, 'experts' tell us so. Doesn't matter there is a mountain of facts that show otherwise, they are always right regardless!
Come on, yeah maybe some on this board are wrong, but basically its just people giving their opinions. We don't see everything the same way. I sort stuff out people say on here, regardless if I agree with them or not.

Reactions: nagemj02
According to most sources it is very likely that Sasha red shirts. Just aren't enough minutes.

Very possibly, Heller. That was another interesting comment from CMP when he said he was surprised with SS's ability on defense....that could be the deciding factor if he doesn't redshirt. Can't say I'd be surprised either way, but I'm leaning toward he'll choose to red-shirt.

Come on, yeah maybe some on this board are wrong, but basically its just people giving their opinions. We don't see everything the same way. I sort stuff out people say on here, regardless if I agree with them or not.
There is disagreeing then there is the stuff that the 'experts' post where they just flat out ignore what you tell them in a very arrogant and condescending manner.

That is by far a minority on her, but yet usually very vocal and brought up by more than just me on here, many times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT