ADVERTISEMENT

Pacer fan my whole life.

I have been rooting for the Pacers since the early 80's and after they traded away the 32nd pick for basically nothing and had Carsen sitting right there and they pass on him. They couldve had the two best guards to come out of Purdue and Indiana for probably the last 20 years or more and couldve really helped sell tickets. They would've had zero risk but instead they pass on him and he is already proving he should've been a first rounder. Did they not watch him against the national champions and best defense in the country with arguably the best defender in the country guarding him that went #4 overall. Its just a slap in his face and many of the fans that root for the Pacers. Its no where near the same situation when Alford came out and they took Reggie Miller instead with the 11th pick overall. This was a non guaranteed 2nd round pick. I hope he scores 50 on them and its hard to root for them after that decision.
The 1967-1970 ABA Pacers might well have made personnel decisions based upon ticket sales, but 2019 offers no reason WHATSOEVER to do that. To claim that Summer League play ( 3 games ) is " already proving" that CE should have been a 1st rounder is proof positive that you're better off @ your keyboard than sitting in the office chair of the General Manager of the Indiana Pacers. Or of the other 29 G.M.'s
Ahh the early days of the ABA. Loved those teams, the atmosphere of the games, and the players. Roger, Mel, Neto, Billy, Rick, Freddie, and George plus an extremely colorful likable coach. Miss THAT team!!

Reactions: Cthreepo
Oladipo cant create off the dribble? Holiday's job is to come in and run the point not go out and score a bunch of points. Carsen found the perfect team for his skillset.
Oladipo COULD create off the dribble, but we don’t know if he will ever be that explosive again. And even so, he’s not the tough shot maker that Carsen is.

And you don’t want a backup PG option who can create for himself? I agree Carsen is in a great situation for him, but that doesn’t mean the Pacers couldn’t have used him too.

Having said all that, Pritchard has some goodwill in the bank, and has earned the opportunity to execute his vision.

Reactions: BoilerIron
What's a step above a role player and below an All-star appearance? For me there is nothing there.
That's not what I was trying to point out. Regardless of his eventual NBA status (no role, roster spot, bench player, 6th man, starter, all-star player), you suggested for others to not get carried away predicting Carsen's career. Instead you set limitations on what you think he'll achieve.

That's not what I was trying to point out. Regardless of his eventual NBA status (no role, roster spot, bench player, 6th man, starter, all-star player), you suggested for others to not get carried away predicting Carsen's career. Instead you set limitations on what you think he'll achieve.
Ok. I retract my ceiling statement and will say that I will wait until he plays some real NBA games before predicting his future, or saying if the Pacers (along with other teams) made a mistake by not drafting him.

No offense to anyone who has or has not made comments regarding CE. When CE becomes a valuable team member NOT if, the Pacers, Bucks and many other teams will be sorry. I trust Brad Stevens comments recently about CE. Please see Brad's comment via the link.
https://clutchpoints.com/celtics-ne...rsen-edwards-can-have-a-big-impact-on-boston/
CE has the Strength, Speed, & Stamina to have great success.

I don't want to hear about Summer League...yadda...yadda...yadda in either direction. I trust that CE will do well in the NBA.

No offense to anyone who has or has not made comments regarding CE. When CE becomes a valuable team member NOT if, the Pacers, Bucks and many other teams will be sorry. I trust Brad Stevens comments recently about CE. Please see Brad's comment via the link.
https://clutchpoints.com/celtics-ne...rsen-edwards-can-have-a-big-impact-on-boston/
CE has the Strength, Speed, & Stamina to have great success.

I don't want to hear about Summer League...yadda...yadda...yadda in either direction. I trust that CE will do well in the NBA.
I agree with this. But it's still fun watching him do to the summer league what he did to opponents in college. His back has obviously healed.

BTW, he plays again tonight on ESPN2 at 10:30 pm EDT.

I did watch the Virginia game. That has little to do with the discussion. Carsen was a GREAT college player. His ceiling is a role player in the NBA, though. People are getting way ahead of themselves predicting Carsen's future, and saying how bad of a move it was by the Pacers (the thread topic) based on 3 Summer League games where he was playing against borderline NBA talent.
This is kind of funny...
“...his ceiling is a role player in the NBA...”
Followed by “...people are getting way ahead of themselves predicting Carsen’s future”.

LOL

Edit: sorry- I see you modified your statement.

Carsen had a solid, not great, game by his standards against the Grizzlies. The Celts overall were dominant.

If you watched the game, you saw that Grayson Allen is up to his old tricks. If he makes a roster, one of his own teammates will knock him out.

Really wanted him at 32 as well. So pissed he went to the celtics because I hate everything Boston.

Oladipo may never be the same after his horrible injury. It is as bad or worse than an achilles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT