ADVERTISEMENT

Our Defense and It Doesn't Get Better

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
I have never seen a defense know what the play is going to be everytime. and who is going to get the ball, and not be able to stop it once. Rutgers beat us with a 3rd string quarterback. The fans knew what was coming, the defense knew what coming, coaches knew what was coming, and they ran it down our throats with the same person. The funny thing was that their QB drug our defenders with him on most of those plays.

I feel bad for Barnes. I still don't think that is targeting. If you are the replay official, and it takes that long to tell whether it is targeting or not targeting; it is not targeting. In the Notre Dame/NC game, a Notre Dame defender got targeting called. It was clear as day that it was targeting and the replay confirmed it. It took about 5 seconds and the call was made.

With that being said, I felt bad for Barnes and seeing him cry on the bench. It made me feel even worse for him. But good for him, he was crying. I love that. He has heart! He felt like he let his team down. He obviously didn't, but he felt like he did. I love that we have an actual defensive player on our team that actually gives a s#%@. Besides Barnes, Karlaftis, and Mitchell, I really don't any of them care. Seriously. No joke.

This defense makes me cry every weekend for a different reason, their performance. The defense should be crying every game. Their performance is pathetic. 3-4 is supposed to be set up to stop the run. Are you kidding me? We didn't stop the run. We get no pressure on QBs. Neal's sack was the first sack in over 3 games. In year's past, we would have a sack almost every single half, at a minimum. I don't even think we touched Morgan last week at Minnesota. Our secondary got beat by a corner touchdown route 3 times with the same called play. One was offensive pass interference, but the other 2 were TDs. The same exact play.

Unless we get Yanni, I don't see any other defensive playmakers in our current recruiting class. It still does not help our defense for next year, because they will double and triple team George on his side, because he does not has get any help at the other end spot. I don't see any chance of improvement next year with Diaco's defense. We cannot play a 3-4, because we don't have the line or LBs to make this system work. The only way we win next year is to be able to average 40-50 pts a game and score on almost every possession.

Reactions: DAG10 and NVboiler
I have never seen a defense know what the play is going to be everytime. and who is going to get the ball, and not be able to stop it once. Rutgers beat us with a 3rd string quarterback. The fans knew what was coming, the defense knew what coming, coaches knew what was coming, and they ran it down our throats with the same person. The funny thing was that their QB drug our defenders with him on most of those plays.

I feel bad for Barnes. I still don't think that is targeting. If you are the replay official, and it takes that long to tell whether it is targeting or not targeting; it is not targeting. In the Notre Dame/NC game, a Notre Dame defender got targeting called. It was clear as day that it was targeting and the replay confirmed it. It took about 5 seconds and the call was made.

With that being said, I felt bad for Barnes and seeing him cry on the bench. It made me feel even worse for him. But good for him, he was crying. I love that. He has heart! He felt like he let his team down. He obviously didn't, but he felt like he did. I love that we have an actual defensive player on our team that actually gives a s#%@. Besides Barnes, Karlaftis, and Mitchell, I really don't any of them care. Seriously. No joke.

This defense makes me cry every weekend for a different reason, their performance. The defense should be crying every game. Their performance is pathetic. 3-4 is supposed to be set up to stop the run. Are you kidding me? We didn't stop the run. We get no pressure on QBs. Neal's sack was the first sack in over 3 games. In year's past, we would have a sack almost every single half, at a minimum. I don't even think we touched Morgan last week at Minnesota. Our secondary got beat by a corner touchdown 3 times with the same called play. One was offensive pass interference, but the other 2 were TDs. The same exact play..

Unless we get Yanni, I don't see any other defensive playmakers in our current recruiting class. It still does help our defense for next year, because they double and triple team George on his side, because he does not has not help at the other end spot. I don't see any chance of improvement next year with Diaco's defense. We cannot play a 3-4, because we don't have the line or LBs to make this system work. The only way we win next year is to be able to average 40-50 pts a game and score on almost every possession.

1) yanni was watching let that sink in

2) why didn’t Diaco pull Sullivan deen abs Graham and go with watts Johnson and Saunders in their place?

3) why did diaco’s front fo 300 325 305 250 240 255 249 at Notre dame but we go 275 325 275 270 230 240 216 last night

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT