ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Purdue Golfer Adam Schenk

Steady even par round today. Tied for 13th. That's phenomenal for a 1st-timer. Played with Hojgaard the first 2 days who had the lead for a hot minute today before he took a ride on the bogey train.

Very impressive in light of the conditions - was still tricky today even though not nearly the blustery conditions of yesterday. I think only Hojgaard and Aberg (who is ridiculously talented) are doing better as first timers.....this is Aberg's first appearance at any major championship.

They may soften the course ever so slightly with some better pin placements - they had a couple today on precipices - can't ever recall that exact hole location at 17 today. Could be really interesting tomorrow.

Very impressive in light of the conditions - was still tricky today even though not nearly the blustery conditions of yesterday. I think only Hojgaard and Aberg (who is ridiculously talented) are doing better as first timers.....this is Aberg's first appearance at any major championship.

They may soften the course ever so slightly with some better pin placements - they had a couple today on precipices - can't ever recall that exact hole location at 17 today. Could be really interesting tomorrow.
On my way in to work this morning, the radio show had gotten ahold of the pin sheet and they commented that the spots were fairly favorable, especially on the back 9.

Patrick Reed bogey on 18 gets a T-12 for Adam Schenk - (+1, 289 after rounds of 73, 71, 72, and 73). The top 12 finish also gets him an invite to the 2025 Masters. Well done, Mr. Schenk.

Also looks like Scottie Scheffler is going on to victory - would be the fourth youngest to win multiple Masters (Nicklaus, Woods, and Ballesteros the only ones younger to do it). Gotta love the surname, Boilers! :)

Patrick Reed bogey on 18 gets a T-12 for Adam Schenk - (+1, 289 after rounds of 73, 71, 72, and 73). The top 12 finish also gets him an invite to the 2025 Masters. Well done, Mr. Schenk.

Also looks like Scottie Scheffler is going on to victory - would be the fourth youngest to win multiple Masters (Nicklaus, Woods, and Ballesteros the only ones younger to do it). Gotta love the surname, Boilers! :)
Serves Reed right for blowing my parlay today. More like Fitzpatrick's fault but still...

• Love
Reactions: ghostoffatjack
Serves Reed right for blowing my parlay today. More like Fitzpatrick's fault but still...

LIV Golf guys with not a very good showing other than Bryson DeChambeau. Smith and Hatton with classic back-door top tens. And I guess Dustin Johnson is basically an exhibition golfer now.

LIV Golf guys with not a very good showing other than Bryson DeChambeau. Smith and Hatton with classic back-door top tens. And I guess Dustin Johnson is basically an exhibition golfer now.
He always was. Not a likable dude at all. Dull. Little personality. Just an athlete playing a sport he doesn’t care for because he’s good at it.

Not an indictment on the LIV guys overall….just him.

I get why guys took the money. I especially get why DJ did. The LIV vs PGAT feud is way overblown…especially when the Tour made all the loyalists look silly later on with the merger.

Was it just me or did the announcers make a concerted effort not to mention the LIV guys. At all.. I didn't even know if Phil, DJ or Bubba played in The Masters this year?

Was it just me or did the announcers make a concerted effort not to mention the LIV guys. At all.. I didn't even know if Phil, DJ or Bubba played in The Masters this year?
Well, Jim Nantz did make a statement about the Top 5 all being PGA Tour guys. Take that for what it's worth. Truth yes, but...

Phil made the cut and was shown some, but not really talked about. DJ sucked. Bubba sucked too but actually played with Schenk and Hojgaard the first 2 days. Was never in it.

Don't really know if it was a concerted effort, Lenny......DeChambeau was on the first page of the leaderboard most of the tournament, and they showed him. Outside of that, they showed some of Rahm (defending champion), Hatton, Smith, and Koepka. They showed Mickelsen a few times over the weekend. DJ - you had to catch on the coverage the first afternoon.....he just was not sharp and imploded with a 78/79 to miss the cut by a mile.

I understand the prevailing sentiment is tremendous fatigue over the whole fight - especially the way the PGA Tour initially and aggressively fought it and then negotiated in the dark of night, and they still haven't worked anything out. Plus, it's hard to relate to the sums of cash these people are discussing - if you can get it, more power to you I suppose.

I'm in the group that just wants to see compelling golf and great challenges......I've enjoyed watching Rahm and Koepka play in the past. JMHO, but I noticed a dip in competitive sharpness with a lot of the "top" players on all the tours. To be fair, the conditions were brutal (mainly winds and gusts) the first two days.

That said, Scheffler was clutch when he had to be even if he wasn't A+ sharp. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the year plays out. Homa and Aberg were solid - could see them in the mix going forward. Aberg seems like a young Stenson with an even better game, and a pretty good positive attitude.

I'm in the group that just wants to see compelling golf and great challenges......I've enjoyed watching Rahm and Koepka play in the past. JMHO, but I noticed a dip in competitive sharpness with a lot of the "top" players on all the tours. To be fair, the conditions were brutal (mainly winds and gusts) the first two days.
Agree.

Reactions: pboiler18
A lot of the “stars” did not shine very bright this Masters. Rahm, Phil, Tiger all flamed out and JT, Fowler and Spieth all failed to make the cut. And Rory was Rory.

A lot of the “stars” did not shine very bright this Masters. Rahm, Phil, Tiger all flamed out and JT, Fowler and Spieth all failed to make the cut. And Rory was Rory.
Åberg is a name you're going to be seeing on leaderboards for a long time IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT