ADVERTISEMENT

OT: More top 25 upsets!

Meanwhile the talking heads say we are trash. Kentucky and UConn are the darlings. I’m so sick of it.

Meanwhile the talking heads say we are trash. Kentucky and UConn are the darlings. I’m so sick of it.
Thats because they keep moving the goalposts. Remember all of the teams in the top 10 that were better than us, then we beat them. KU and Uconn are the teams left that we have not played (maybe a couple others) so they say that.

I do hear them talking about KY & UConn. Both are good teams with all the pieces. They do rave about the roster of KY. They rave about the play of UConn. They are 2 potential E8+ type teams that we would have to play @ the top of our game to beat.

Just watched Inside College Basketball today. I have NOT heard them say we are trash. Perhaps they don't rave about the B10. Deservedly so. Although they have said ok now with Edey the likely npoty, & a senior now is the time for Purdue to get it done in April. I think that's fair.

Last edited:
List any college hoop announcer or studio person that has said PU is trash....I'll be waiting. This is just stupid. No one is saying that. Bilas, the biggest ACC homer there is has said many times that PU is the best team with the best resume.

I think it really comes down to how people evaluate teams.

Purdue's profile is the best in the country right now --though UConn isn't that far behind. People are justifiably high on Kentucky and UConn because those two teams look like they're built for deep NCAA runs--and they're both led by coaches who have done it before. Fair or not, Purdue is carrying the baggage of recent NCAA flameouts.

BTW: why does the NET love Houston so much? Houston might turn out to be the best team in the country when it's all said and done. But their profile looks noticably weaker than Purdue's.

List any college hoop announcer or studio person that has said PU is trash....I'll be waiting. This is just stupid. No one is saying that. Bilas, the biggest ACC homer there is has said many times that PU is the best team with the best resume.
as well as Greenberg and Decourcy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT