ADVERTISEMENT

OT - 1869 Tap Room

No alcohol on campus (which would include the union). That's why you can't drink in the dorms even if you're of age. It's also why campus ends just before Harry's.

Seems like there are too many loop holes for that term to be used. You can get alcohol in Ross-Ade. Union catering serves it. And now this...

Agreed. I think a dry college campus, especially at a public university, is an idiotic concept anyways. I was just curious how they got that to fly.

Purdue stopped being a dry campus in 1991 when the Food Science Dept began a course in Wine Appreciation. There is also a wine cellar in the Food Science Bldg. Wine is also allowed in a RHI course in fine dining and in Ross-Ade parking lot for home football games.

I found out what a dry campus was as a sophomore in Cary in 1972 when I got to meet the Dean of Students and spent a semester on Double Secret Probation. Provided a resume builder for my dorm counselor to get his "coveted" spot on the Purdue Police after graduation!!!

I found out what a dry campus was as a sophomore in Cary in 1972 when I got to meet the Dean of Students and spent a semester on Double Secret Probation. Provided a resume builder for my dorm counselor to get his "coveted" spot on the Purdue Police after graduation!!!
Sounds like it was time for someone to put their foot down, and that foot was him.

Reactions: TOKenBoiler
The tap room looked lively last night. I think it will be a success. They had a waiter and hostess, which I wasn't expecting.

I always liked that room, but it was kind of a dead area. This is a way people can enjoy it more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT