ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon state

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020

Sorry for the total lack of formatting. Whatever.

"Among those you won’t see on this depth chart, but are surely in the mix come August, are quarterback Tristan Gebbia, center Nathan Eldridge, right guard Nous Keobounnam, and receivers Makiya Tongue, Tyjon Lindsey and Anthony Gould."

Position First team Second team
Quarterback Ben Gulbranson
6-3, 216, Fr.
Chance Nolan
6-3, 201, R-Soph.

Running back B.J. Baylor
5-11, 208, R-Jr.
Deshaun Fenwick
6-2, 226, R-Soph.

Receiver Zeriah Beason
6-0, 198, Fr.
Tre’Shaun Harrison
6-1, 189, Jr.

Receiver Champ Flemings
5-5, 144, R-Jr.
Trevon Bradford
6-0, 185, R-Sr.

Receiver Silas Bolden
5-8, 150, Fr.
Rweha Munyagi Jr.
6-2, 189, R-Soph.

Tight end Teagan Quitoriano
6-6, 256, Jr.
Luke Musgrave
6-6, 248, Soph.

Left tackle Joshua Gray
6-4, 304, R-Fr.
Marco Brewer
6-4, 299, R-Soph.

Left guard Brock Wellsfry
6-5, 288, R-Jr.
Jacob Ferenczi
6-5, 297, Fr.

Center Jake Levengood
6-4, 293, R-Soph.
Tanner Miller
6-1, 265, R-Fr.

Right guard Taliese Fuaga
6-6, 327, Fr.
Thomas Sio
6-3, 365, R-Fr.

Right tackle Brandon Kipper
6-6, 295, R-Jr.
Dakota Napierkowski
6-4, 228, R-Jr.

"Like the offense, plenty of names missing from this list as well. Linebacker Avery Roberts is a near-certain starter, as is defensive end Simon Sandberg. Also on the mend and figuring prominently come August are linebackers Addison Gumbs and John McCartan."

Player First team Second team
Defensive tackle Evan Bennett
6-1, 295, R-Fr.
Cody Anderson
6-3, 276, R-Jr.

Defensive end Tavis Shippen
6-4, 284, R-Soph.
Sione Lolohea
6-3, 253, Fr.

Defensive end Isaac Hodgins
6-0, 274, Jr.
Jeromy Reichner
6-1, 256, R-Sr.

Outside linebacker Andrzej Hughes-Murray
6-2, 244, R-Sr.
Cory Stover
6-6, 240, R-Fr.

Outside linebacker Riley Sharp
6-6, 246, R-Soph.
Semisi Saluni
6-3, 270, Fr.

Inside linebacker Jack Colletto
6-3, 239, R-Jr.
Michael Erhart
6-0, 227, R-Fr.

Inside linebacker Omar Speights
6-1, 237, Soph.
Kyrei Fisher
6-1, 225, R-Jr.

Corner Rejzohn Wright
6-2, 182, Jr.
Elijah Jones
6-2, 188, Sr.

Corner Alex Austin
6-1, 184, R-Fr.
Brian Nithalangsy
6-0, 195, Fr.

Safety Akili Arnold
5-1, 193, R-Fr.
Kitan Oladapo
6-2, 203, R-Soph.

Safety Jaydon Grant
6-0, 190, R-Jr.
Johnathan Riley
6-2, 190, R-Soph.

Then there is this. In the few mentions I saw of Purdue on their board they seem to think beating us is a given. The whole OL returns and they have two all PAC 12 OL. They seem to have the skill talent. Their defense seems solid, but they come in with very little established on the DL and nothing at DT in a 3-4 alignment… just a Minnesota transfer backup as their starter .. 6’3” 295 made 8 tackles last year

Thinking Witt, Hartwig and Holstege can get the kind of push you just won’t get against good big ten teams. Sometimes a weakness that glaring can be enough. It looks like unless lambert has the D fully fixed the first day, Oregon State will score points

Last edited:

Then there is this. In the few mentions I saw of Purdue on their board they seem to think beating us is a given. The whole OL returns and they have two all PAC 12 OL. They seem to have the skill talent. Their defense seems solid, but they come in with very little established on the DL and nothing at DT in a 3-4 alignment… just a Minnesota transfer backup as their starter .. 6’3” 295 made 8 tackles last year

Thinking Witt, Hartwig and Holstege can get the kind of push you just won’t get against good big ten teams. Sometimes a weakness that glaring can be enough. It looks like unless lambert has the D fully fixed the first day, Oregon State will score points
There are a lot of people on this site who have discounted Oregon St and consider the game an automatic win. In my opinion, anything could happen in this one.

There are a lot of people on this site who have discounted Oregon St and consider the game an automatic win. In my opinion, anything could happen in this one.
At the same time I think the pac 12 tends to have fan bases across all sports that really pump their teams up, college and pro. As I looked closer, other than Beason, I didn’t see anything that particularly scared me. I also think they run a terrible defense to go up against Jeff brohm. The only automatic win is Connecticut .. but I think Purdue has good chances here IF they play their game

Couldn't help but notice they have 2 receivers listed at 144 and 150 pounds. That's pretty small for high school.

Seems like our lines won't get pushed around. Bodes well for Purdue.

Couldn't help but notice they have 2 receivers listed at 144 and 150 pounds. That's pretty small for high school.
Also noticed Oregon State lists a FR and R-Soph at QB. If Purdue can’t get a FR to be jumpy in the pocket and hear footsteps, that will be sad. There should be an entire process of getting pressure on him from all directions most notably Karlaftis in several alignments and blitzes.

Last edited:
Also noticed Oregon State lists a FR and R-Soph at QB. If Purdue can’t get a FR to jumpy in the pocket, that will be sad. There should be an entire process of getting pressure on him from all directions most notably Karlaftis in several alignments and blitzes.
Colorado transfer will start if Tristan gebbia isn’t back. That was their spring roster

What’s gonna happen.. we are almost a month away and I feel like everyone is working 🙄
I'll wait for the 'inside info' from the fall practice reports and video interviews before making any predictions. One step up from boom's cousin.

The line has gone up a point since late May if that means anything. -6.5 now.

It's a weird matchup because it's cross-country, there's no history between the two, it's the first game, and both programs are at best mediocre. Very tough to gauge.

The line has gone up a point since late May if that means anything. -6.5 now.

It's a weird matchup because it's cross-country, there's no history between the two, it's the first game, and both programs are at best mediocre. Very tough to gauge.
I do know that they have more established than we do across the 22 but it might just be a case of their DL can’t hold up

I will say this. If the Minnesota kid stonewalls us or is even “just pretty good” I’m not sure we survive a shoot out with them unless lambert really did fix everything …

the more I read .. the more I think the pundits have them below Nebraska, Minnesota and northwestern.. but that might be the wrong call.

they have more established talent returning, but no one established along the lines of jermar Jefferson, rondale moore, George karlaftis and David bell

This could be two P5 midgets involved in a pillow fight.....
PREDICTION: Nat 100 slips a bar of soap into the Boilers pillow case late in the 4th Qrt and the home team wins by 7!!!!!

This is a must win for Purdue. Period.
It’s going to depend on bell and karlaftis being healthy and playing well and we will need to have 11 guys on defense who play at least average power 5 football.

Example - if you see heavy doses of fakasiieki during this game, unless his speed and coverage improved immensely, expect to see the middle of the field threatened by OSU.

this is not a game for the versions of fakasiieki, Douglas, Sullivan or Mackey that I have seen… now, if your defense is:

karlaftis
Johnson
Deen
Mitchell
Brothers
Alexander
Graham
Trice
Allen
Grant
McWilliams/Romph/Beverly

and everyone plays at least solid big ten football.. yes, Purdue could win something like 35-31.

we will score points.. you have to double bell and everyone we have except Witt played last year. I went to the Minnesota site and they said the Beavers gopher transfer is a solid rotational player.. nothing more nothing less. Hartwig and Witt will be able to get to the next level. That means there will be a vacuum in that area and Purdue will have open receivers.

on defense, karlaftis is going to demand the TE to stay home. This is huge cause Graham struggles when turning around. If Quitoriano has to stay with karlaftis even for a second Graham can keep the play in front of him. If the beavers choose to leave karlaftis 1-on-1.. their QB is going to get hit and pressured a lot.

so.. if we are 10.5 on 11 on defense.. and no one is exploitable and gives them an easy bail out play.. we can win this game. Barely

It’s going to depend on bell and karlaftis being healthy and playing well and we will need to have 11 guys on defense who play at least average power 5 football.

Example - if you see heavy doses of fakasiieki during this game, unless his speed and coverage improved immensely, expect to see the middle of the field threatened by OSU.

this is not a game for the versions of fakasiieki, Douglas, Sullivan or Mackey that I have seen… now, if your defense is:

karlaftis
Johnson
Deen
Mitchell
Brothers
Alexander
Graham
Trice
Allen
Grant
McWilliams/Romph/Beverly

and everyone plays at least solid big ten football.. yes, Purdue could win something like 35-31.

we will score points.. you have to double bell and everyone we have except Witt played last year. I went to the Minnesota site and they said the Beavers gopher transfer is a solid rotational player.. nothing more nothing less. Hartwig and Witt will be able to get to the next level. That means there will be a vacuum in that area and Purdue will have open receivers.

on defense, karlaftis is going to demand the TE to stay home. This is huge cause Graham struggles when turning around. If Quitoriano has to stay with karlaftis even for a second Graham can keep the play in front of him. If the beavers choose to leave karlaftis 1-on-1.. their QB is going to get hit and pressured a lot.

so.. if we are 10.5 on 11 on defense.. and no one is exploitable and gives them an easy bail out play.. we can win this game. Barely
That defensive lineup may have 4 future NFL players on it (GK, Mitchell, Allen, Trice). Huge question mark is the LBs.

karlaftis
Johnson
Deen
Mitchell
Brothers
Alexander
Graham
Trice
Allen
Grant
McWilliams/Romph/Beverly

Looks like they are a young team on the OL and in a lot of other positions for that matter.....

That defensive lineup may have 4 future NFL players on it (GK, Mitchell, Allen, Trice). Huge question mark is the LBs.
Only karlaftis has proven to be a consistent star at the power five level. To me, I think cam Allen has had to cover for too many weak links on the defense. If everyone else on the defense comes to play.. he will look GREAT. Trice .. like the Milton Wright of the defense .. he’s got the athleticism.. sometimes it translates to big plays and sometimes he looks just ok.

Mitchell has SEC explosiveness but I haven’t seen a SEC player on the field yet. Yet…

Only karlaftis has proven to be a consistent star at the power five level. To me, I think cam Allen has had to cover for too many weak links on the defense. If everyone else on the defense comes to play.. he will look GREAT. Trice .. like the Milton Wright of the defense .. he’s got the athleticism.. sometimes it translates to big plays and sometimes he looks just ok.

Mitchell has SEC explosiveness but I haven’t seen a SEC player on the field yet. Yet…
Keep Mitchell away from bicycles and i think he has a big year (assuming he is used correctly).

I was referring to his injury last year. Got tangled up in the pedals or something bizarre like that.

Yeah I think they've got a plan for him.

Last edited:
I was referring to his injury last year. Got tangled up in the petals or something bizarre like that.

Yeah I think they've got a plan for him.
He has to play and play well. Brohm, like Danny hope, loves to make it easy on himself by falling back on hard working solid players who just don’t have the tools at this level.

Jack Sullivan is tougher than nails and I like him as a player.. but he doesn’t have the burst to get to the QB at the power five level and at DT he’s too light and too tall, similar to reviere.

if brohm falls back on Sullivan as more than a bit player v Oregon state, we will lose.. ditto

fakasiieki
Douglas
And probably Mackey

unless any of those guys just got worlds better this off-season

He has to play and play well. Brohm, like Danny hope, loves to make it easy on himself by falling back on hard working solid players who just don’t have the tools at this level.

Jack Sullivan is tougher than nails and I like him as a player.. but he doesn’t have the burst to get to the QB at the power five level and at DT he’s too light and too tall, similar to reviere.

if brohm falls back on Sullivan as more than a bit player v Oregon state, we will lose.. ditto

fakasiieki
Douglas
And probably Mackey

unless any of those guys just got worlds better this off-season
I would expect them to get better. Especially Sullivan.

I would expect them to get better. Especially Sullivan.
Sullivan to me has the build of an offensive tackle.

The others? Mackey is most possible although his athleticism is probably on the low end for a power 5 safety let alone corner. Douglas Is not a big ten level player. Fakasiieki has not looked like he ha the athleticism in coverage.

now, maybe with those guys … as is sometimes the case … they have the actual speed but they are playing slow.. if that’s the case and one of them busts out I’ll eat my words

Any chance it's a sell out?
I'll be in the upper north end zone with my son (he still loves the "train team" despite my best efforts). And he's starting his first year of tackle football this year so I want him to start watching live games to further his interest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT