8. DT
Nichols Sr. 54.9

9. DE
Langham Sr. 54.3

10. Corner
Brown 52.8

11. MLB
Karlaftis So. 51.7

As you can see, huge drop off in results after the first four positions. Two of those players are out.

I think it’s most important to keep the good players you have. I don’t know that Jenkins will do great in the combine. Perhaps Purdue could keep him here. Wilson is done. Scourton can go get real money so I imagine we have to match to keep him. Thienemann should get paid also.

Here are players Purdue is bringing in

Corner Luke Williams
Corner Earl Kulp
Star Koy Beasley
Cylinder Leontre Bradford
DT Demeco Kennedy
DE Caleb Mitchell-Irving
DE Jamari Payne

The only trouble position where I don’t yet see a recruit who should help is middle linebacker.

The defense should be much more athletic next year. Worth noting with Nichols and langham. Purdue got what it paid for, or didn’t.

Also worth noting. Thienemann’s pff is just behind peak karlaftis.

Reactions: z_one and Tommaker
Defense
1. Deep safety
Thienemann Fr. 86.9

2. Buck
Scourton So. 80.8
Sydnor 64.7

3. Corner
Wilson Sr. 74.9
Rogers Fr. 51.7

4. Fox
Jenkins Sr. 72.8

5. Cylinder
Kane Sr. 62.2

6. Nose Tackle
Brevard Jr. 60.7
Omonode So. 80.8

7. Star
Allen Sr. 58.7

8. DT
Nichols Sr. 54.9

9. DE
Langham Sr. 54.3

10. Corner
Brown 52.8

11. MLB
Karlaftis So. 51.7

As you can see, huge drop off in results after the first four positions. Two of those players are out.

I think it’s most important to keep the good players you have. I don’t know that Jenkins will do great in the combine. Perhaps Purdue could keep him here. Wilson is done. Scourton can go get real money so I imagine we have to match to keep him. Thienemann should get paid also.

Here are players Purdue is bringing in

Corner Luke Williams
Corner Earl Kulp
Star Koy Beasley
Cylinder Leontre Bradford
DT Demeco Kennedy
DE Caleb Mitchell-Irving
DE Jamari Payne

The only trouble position where I don’t yet see a recruit who should help is middle linebacker.

The defense should be much more athletic next year. Worth noting with Nichols and langham. Purdue got what it paid for, or didn’t.

Also worth noting. Thienemann’s pff is just behind peak karlaftis.
Wann- bet we don’t go 5-7 next year?

I did. That makes me dead on in 4 of the last 6 years and very wrong in the other 2

I was with you this year, and we were right in that the schedule wasn't that tough. 2 games we weren't winning and 10 others that could have been won.

Problem was Card wasn't as good as needed and the defense wasn't as good as I thought they would be. Coaching was worse than I thought as well but got better over the course of the season.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT