ADVERTISEMENT

Options for new coach

Of course he wouldn’t. If he came back he could name his price and destination. I think he does come back when ND cycles out Freeman.

Purdue is a hard place to be successful. Not a state school in a 3 Team P4 state with limited local talent. We have had better players than our record says but it takes the right scheme and culture fit to work here IMO.
I refuse to buy into the notion that Purdue is difficult to succeed.
Great school and campus.
Great support.
Reputation for QBs and D ends.
Big conference and TV.
Do like Tiller did and recruit TX, FL and GA hard. Get the guys who didn’t get to those SEC schools, FSU and MIa.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Why? That’s not really an offensive school
You must not watch / follow them very much. Last season was an outlier; They always average at least 30ppg. There’s a reason why Notre Dame wanted him so badly. Plus, he knows what it takes to not only win but also Win Big at a small, limited power conference school.

Offensively, think Joe Gibbs. They’re going to line-up under center(!) in a lot of 12 & 11, use tons of motion, and pound you & make you pay deep if you try to bring the safety down in run support. Also, unlike a lot of OCs, he’s not afraid to run the same play over&over until you prove that you can stop it…

I would roll the dice if Drew Bees was on the shortlist. He could probably do great in recruiting, seems to be a great leader and must know offense strategies better than most. Would love for him to have 10 years of HC experience first, but I don't want to wait that long. Will probably never happen but it sure would be nice to have some excitement around Purdue football again. Would be great to get a Purdue guy as our coach as well. As much as I liked Brohm through the years, you always knew it was only a matter of time before he bolted to Louisville.

I would roll the dice if Drew Bees was on the shortlist. He could probably do great in recruiting, seems to be a great leader and must know offense strategies better than most. Would love for him to have 10 years of HC experience first, but I don't want to wait that long. Will probably never happen but it sure would be nice to have some excitement around Purdue football again. Would be great to get a Purdue guy as our coach as well. As much as I liked Brohm through the years, you always knew it was only a matter of time before he bolted to Louisville.
The Superstar who’s never coached coming back to his Alma mater… not a great track record…

The Superstar who’s never coached coming back to his Alma mater… not a great track record…
He’d never do it but I’d take him as OC in an absolute heartbeat.

If he could assemble a staff of proven ex NFL guys…I could be down with him being HC. Couldn’t be worse than the current guy and you know he’d have some solid connections to nab an OC who actually knows what he’s doing.

Do you think AD is waiting for donors to offer money or is Purdue is going to get the buy out. Cause this is on Bobinski I don't recall one person asking for Walters on any message board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT