ADVERTISEMENT

Once again not enough 3 pt attempts

Gemini95

Junior
Nov 15, 2012
16 attempts in an OT game is easily 5 to 10 too few. We are a very good shooting team. If the sphincter tighten and we don't let them fly it is going to be a short dance. Must must must shoot more 3's.

Fletcher was getting man handeled. Team seamed slow with picks to get outside shooters open. Edey didn’t pass outside enough, slow tempo made smith dribble too much. Lots of bad passes lead to turnovers. Oh well; rest up and heal and let’s take March and April

Fletcher was getting man handeled. Team seamed slow with picks to get outside shooters open. Edey didn’t pass outside enough, slow tempo made smith dribble too much. Lots of bad passes lead to turnovers. Oh well; rest up and heal and let’s take March and April
Loyer still turned down at least two open shots in favor of a drive that went nowhere. He needs to shoot when open.

This. I absolutely hate when we get in slow tempo games. My perception is the offense is far more efficient when the tempo is pushed and we get more spacing for Loyer/Edey and Smith can create offense in the transition offense.

Fletcher needs to lift weights in the offseason. He's a skilled and crafty potential kid, but he ain't a man yet.

This. I absolutely hate when we get in slow tempo games. My perception is the offense is far more efficient when the tempo is pushed and we get more spacing for Loyer/Edey and Smith can create offense in the transition offense.
similar to the osu loss

I watched, had some bets on Loyer to score over 8.5 points, thankfully I teased him down, he was open many times, Smith didn’t get him the ball, also, a few times he passed up open looks, he needs to be launching 4-5 threes minimum a game.

Reactions: pushal
Shoot more 3's, there's some great advise... (not)
great analysis thank you

we shoot 40% from 3. That's over 1.2 expected pts per attempt. We'd have to shoot 60% from 2 to equate. Smith, Loyer, Gillis, and Colvin all shoot nearly as well (or better) from 3 as they do from 2. Zach inside + 20 3pt attempts is the formula.

Reactions: pushal
I watched, had some bets on Loyer to score over 8.5 points, thankfully I teased him down, he was open many times, Smith didn’t get him the ball, also, a few times he passed up open looks, he needs to be launching 4-5 threes minimum a game.

Last possession of the game......hindsight is 20/20 - would have loved Lance Jones to push it a little more and flip left to an open/trailing Fletch Loyer. Oh well.....

In the second half I think there were 3 or 4 times when Braden had 3 on 3 and slow it up to go into the half court where their guards suffocated us. I don’t think we were going to get to the rim but a dish out three to Fletch or Mason would have been great.

Reactions: Boiler79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT