ADVERTISEMENT

OL

Kane was a Brohm recruit but I’m sure you want want to give him credit for that
Should Brohm get credit for Kane or should Walter’s? He did have his best year under Walter’s. Didn’t think he was an NFL guy tbh. Shocked me. Brohm and walters each get a half a point.

Brohm also recruiting Jenkins and Yanni, but Walters actually utilized them in a way to give them a chance at the NFL. Is that Brohm or Walters?

• Haha
Reactions: z_one and pboiler18
Should Brohm get credit for Kane or should Walter’s? He did have his best year under Walter’s. Didn’t think he was an NFL guy tbh. Shocked me. Brohm and walters each get a half a point.

Brohm also recruiting Jenkins and Yanni, but Walters actually utilized them in a way to give them a chance at the NFL. Is that Brohm or Walters?
But I bet you wouldn’t give Brohm credit for Bentley in the same ilk.

I get it. You’re in love with Walters. Why, we’ll never know.

Reactions: BBG and Bippus33
But I bet you wouldn’t give Brohm credit for Bentley in the same ilk.

I get it. You’re in love with Walters. Why, we’ll never know.
Bentley was a stud before Brohm showed up? Holt put Bentley in a position to succeed. Had his best year under Holt. So did Brohm solely get him to the league? Or did Marcus Freeman build him to have that great final year?

You didn’t really answer my question. How come you never answer mine? Maybe you could learn why I like Walter’s more than Brohm if you actually tried to have a discussion. You consider that?

I should ask you since I haven’t asked yet. Why are you so insistent on Walter’s as a failure because of what he did in the first half of his first season in his first head coaching gig?

Last edited:
Reactions: z_one
The other poster was correct. You don’t play a defense where you give bad CBs no help.

I see Nyland Green is already hurt. Excuses coming in 3…2…

Nobody suggested a completely different scheme…bud adjusting the one you are running to better hide your shortcomings is a step
Why would Nyland Green need to play against ISU? Oh, look after ISU, we have that tough game against BYE.

🤔. Maybe there’s a reason he is being held out.

Why would Nyland Green need to play against ISU? Oh, look after ISU, we have that tough game against BYE.

🤔. Maybe there’s a reason he is being held out.
He’s really attached to the first few games of last year.

Bentley was a stud before Brohm showed up? Holt put Bentley in a position to succeed. Had his best year under Holt. So did Brohm solely get him to the league? Or did Marcus Freeman build him to have that great final year?

You didn’t really answer my question. How come you never answer mine? Maybe you could learn why I like Walter’s more than Brohm if you actually tried to have a discussion. You consider that?

I should ask you since I haven’t asked yet. Why are you so insistent on Walter’s as a failure because of what he did in the first half of his first season in his first head coaching gig?
Just to confirm @pboiler18, you do not want to actually discuss anything and understand my position?

Just to confirm @pboiler18, you do not want to actually discuss anything and understand my position?
You don’t have a position

Youve decided that anybody who was good here under Brohm would have come here anyways. (Like Dillon Thineman wouldn’t have come played for Brohm. lol).

You’ve decided that anybody who went to the league who was recruited by a different staff was only good because it was a different staff.

You’ve decided that Brohm recruits are only good now because somebody else is coaching them now and not because they are older, bigger, faster and stronger when they were as upper class men.

I understand your position. No need to debate anybody who thinks they are already right and twists a narrative any chance they get.

Reactions: BBG
You don’t have a position

Youve decided that anybody who was good here under Brohm would have come here anyways. (Like Dillon Thineman wouldn’t have come played for Brohm. lol).

You’ve decided that anybody who went to the league who was recruited by a different staff was only good because it was a different staff.

You’ve decided that Brohm recruits are only good now because somebody else is coaching them now and not because they are older, bigger, faster and stronger when they were as upper class men.

I understand your position. No need to debate anybody who thinks they are already right and twists a narrative any chance they get.
I’ve actually said none of that. Not have I twisted anything. Please show me where I said there above and where I have twisted.

That’s a big ask, so let’s just look at the first. Where did I say that? Where did I say theineman wouldn’t have come to play under Brohm? Hint: I didn’t. But I’ll let you show me.

This is a really tiring argument.
There really isn’t an argument. It’s one person making claims. Claims using “statistics” that can’t be proven. Claims about coaches. And claims about me that are false. All i’m asking is money where the mouth is. And every time, I’m let down. Throwing words in my mouth though…. That’s just dumb.

what's the big deal if someone likes the coach at Purdue , and thinks he will do better his 2nd year, especially after it being his first time as a head coach, with other things added in such as OL should be better. Is it that bad that someone likes someone that you don't? Lets see how the season goes.

what's the big deal if someone likes the coach at Purdue , and thinks he will do better his 2nd year, especially after it being his first time as a head coach, with other things added in such as OL should be better. Is it that bad that someone likes someone that you don't? Lets see how the season goes.
Yeah, time for these two to agree to disagree and move on. Back to talking about the OL!

Yeah, time for these two to agree to disagree and move on. Back to talking about the OL!
I’m fine disagreeing with him. Was just trying to understand and instead, made claims about things I never said. Is what it is….

OL is gonna be really good. Wasn’t great last year due to injuries, but the offensive staff did really well with what they had. Pass blocking needs to be better though. They have size and depth. Haven’t had that since???

I’m fine disagreeing with him. Was just trying to understand and instead, made claims about things I never said. Is what it is….

OL is gonna be really good. Wasn’t great last year due to injuries, but the offensive staff did really well with what they had. Pass blocking needs to be better though. They have size and depth. Haven’t had that since???
Dense again. You
Literally gave everybody but Brohm credit for Bentley. Said Katlaftis would have come here no matter the coach and said Brohm had 1 guy drafted into the NFL on D where the board gave you 5 others.

Again, we get your agenda. Sad that people are buying it.

Walters is our coach. We are stuck for at least 16 more months with him. I hope he wins enough games between now and then that it’s entertaining and we do t have to fire him.

From what I’ve seen…not hopeful. Speaking of Hope…was not a fan of him but I’d take him over this coach.

Reactions: BBG and Bippus33
Dense again. You
Literally gave everybody but Brohm credit for Bentley. Said Katlaftis would have come here no matter the coach and said Brohm had 1 guy drafted into the NFL on D where the board gave you 5 others.

Walters is our coach. We are stuck for at least 16 more months with him. I hope he wins enough games between now and then that it’s entertaining and we do t have to fire him.

From what I’ve seen…not hopeful. Speaking of Hope…was not a fan of him but I’d take him over this coach.

Yes Walters is our coach. And Harrell is our OC. And Brohm is long gone.

Take a chill pill you two. Next Saturday we get to see what the team looks like when they get on the field.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
Dense again. You

No. I said karlaftis would have gone, Aka gone pro, regardless of who his coach was. Brohm did good to bring him in.

I assumed giving Holt credit for Bentley was giving Brohm credit since Brohm hired Holt. Sorry I didn’t specify Brohm specifically, even though he did little with the defense in year 1. He increased his role with the defense once he turned on Holt. But Holts issue was Hazell recruits catching up to him imo.

Maybe I should say this since you struggle to decipher.
I’m very thankful to Brohm for what he did in turning around Purdue football. He made it fun. He also quit in Purdue and left behind a lacking roster and a culture issue. Walter’s inherited more of a rebuild than the surface showed.

The lack of talent in places showed last year. Walter’s elevated guys and they really showed out. But there were tons of holes and injuries that hurt the team. As well as some coaching mistakes. Good news is, the staff showed that they could learn from those mistakes and we have a head coach that can recognize his mistakes and grow from them vs say he made no mistakes.

That’s my agenda. Pretty accurate really.

This is looking like the best OL at Purdue since???

Adding Stewart and Wingfield, Moussa and Mbow now in year 3, Hartwig back. Plus the depth guys that were brought in. I'm having a hard time thinking of a better group in recent memory. Starting to really talk myself into this offense taking a big leap.

According to Gus, this is the best Purdue Offensive Line since he has been at Purdue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT