ADVERTISEMENT

OL

Walters did not underachieve. I know we’ve been through this before, and I’m just talking into an abyss filled with ignorant preconceived notions, but this man was left with nothing.

You should be thanking your lucky stars that he got Card and all these other guys to come here. Now we have an experienced QB with an an OL that actually looks like it belongs in the B1G, and better WRs. He has completely overhauled the trash roster he inherited, and all you can do is long for the days of Brohmco.

But I know when Brohmco retires, having gone over .500 in an irrelevant league, you’ll still be online worshiping them. Smh
If Walter’s hadn’t hit the portal, Purdue would have had no QB, no DE’s, and no CB’s. And without Walter’s, Yanni wouldn’t have had a good season and Mockabee would still be a walk-on. Guessing Tracy would have been played out of position as well.

If Walter’s hadn’t hit the portal, Purdue would have had no QB, no DE’s, and no CB’s. And without Walter’s, Yanni wouldn’t have had a good season and Mockabee would still be a walk-on. Guessing Tracy would have been played out of position as well.
Haha. And Brohm wouldn’t have hit the portal for a QB? Given Mock a scholarship?

This is ignorant.

I’ve been very fair when it comes to this staff. Off the field has been great. On the field last year was a disaster and it all started with the HCs defense…not the Offense.

My question that nobody will answer…who do you blame this year when the defense still isn’t good? Is it still Brohms fault?

• Haha
Reactions: z_one and mklinker
Brohm? Brohm left. No one showed him the door. He walked out and left us with a patchwork team. One that was slaughtered in the bowl game with his idiot brother leading the charge. Your hatred of Walters is evident. He has 3 years to prove himself dispite all of your whining. All of your ass kissing of Brohm is not going to bring him back. In a few years, we will see how great he is at Louisville. He was never really great at Purdue. A little over .500 is not great.
I did t bring up Brohm. The Walters defenders do constantly and blame him for the 4-8 last year even though he was long gone.

Overall, who’s to blame this year if the team under performs?

Haha. And Brohm wouldn’t have hit the portal for a QB? Given Mock a scholarship?

This is ignorant.

I’ve been very fair when it comes to this staff. Off the field has been great. On the field last year was a disaster and it all started with the HCs defense…not the Offense.

My question that nobody will answer…who do you blame this year when the defense still isn’t good? Is it still Brohms fault?
1. Why aren’t you actually answering my other post directed at you?

2. Why is the defense going to be bad?

1. Why aren’t you actually answering my other post directed at you?

2. Why is the defense going to be bad?
1. Because it’s all what ifs. The team was average on offense. People give Harrell a lot of shit for last year but his unit wasn’t the worst in the conference. That would have been our DC/HC. If you think the 2022 team was average on offense…lol. The stats may look similar but it’s more about who we beat and when/where we score. If you can’t see the difference between 8-4 and 4-8…I truly can’t help you.

My criticism about Harrell last year simply centers around a lack of recognition of what worked. The runs straight into a bad line with no misdirection for weeks…example A1.

2. The scheme is bad. I think we’ve upgraded pretty much every DB spot. Doesn’t mean we have the talent to run the scheme. The scheme is fundamentally bad. Your biggest playmaker starts each drive on the other side of the 50 than the opponent is playing on. You put CBs on Islands all year last year who couldn’t handle it and never adjusted. I think we are better equipped to run the scheme…but what happens when injuries set in…what happens when the DL isn’t as good rushing the passer? What if the Jenkins move to LB doesn’t work? Will we keep running the same thing over and over and over to no success?

This could all work, we could lock down teams on D and I’ll gladly eat my words. After how bad we were on D last year I just don’t see it happening. The flaw was deeper than the star rating of the talent.

It’s easy. I read a lot more than just Purdue internet posts.

You obviously didn’t understand the point of my post but rather focused on one small phrase of it.

Look at recruiting ratings.
Look at national rankings and reviews

Look outside this forum!

What I’m saying is rather than comparing our team to the past, compare it to our opponents. Sure our ol is better than past Purdue lines, but is it better than any team we face? Is our ol better than OsU’s defensive line? Is our OL better than any defensive line we will face? That’s how you should rate this team!

We are not playing Purdue! It doesn’t matter if this team is better than Hazel’s team! What really matters is can this team beat any team we play?

Look at our current schedule. Can we win more games than last year? If not, then our line really hasn’t improved. If we can beat and dominate our opponents, then and only then you can say this team is better than the past.

If this team only wins 3-4. Games, can you really say our oline has improved?
You admitted you don’t even watch the games. You know nothing.

1. Because it’s all what ifs. The team was average on offense. People give Harrell a lot of shit for last year but his unit wasn’t the worst in the conference. That would have been our DC/HC. If you think the 2022 team was average on offense…lol. The stats may look similar but it’s more about who we beat and when/where we score. If you can’t see the difference between 8-4 and 4-8…I truly can’t help you.

My criticism about Harrell last year simply centers around a lack of recognition of what worked. The runs straight into a bad line with no misdirection for weeks…example A1.

2. The scheme is bad. I think we’ve upgraded pretty much every DB spot. Doesn’t mean we have the talent to run the scheme. The scheme is fundamentally bad. Your biggest playmaker starts each drive on the other side of the 50 than the opponent is playing on. You put CBs on Islands all year last year who couldn’t handle it and never adjusted. I think we are better equipped to run the scheme…but what happens when injuries set in…what happens when the DL isn’t as good rushing the passer? What if the Jenkins move to LB doesn’t work? Will we keep running the same thing over and over and over to no success?

This could all work, we could lock down teams on D and I’ll gladly eat my words. After how bad we were on D last year I just don’t see it happening. The flaw was deeper than the star rating of the talent.

8-4 and 4-8. Easy to throw numbers out there. Look closer to the 2022 and 2023 season. Who was our non conference games in 2022. Indy State, FAU, and @Syracuse.

Who was our 2023 non con. Fresno State, Syracuse and @VT. This non con was much tougher.

Who was our toughest opponent in 2022, Penn State. No Michigan (regular season) and no Ohio State.

Who was our toughest opponent in 2023, Michigan and Ohio State. Hmmm, I wonder why we had a more successful season in 2022 than 2023. Keep throwing the 8-4 and 4-8 numbers out there because it fits your narrative.

When was CRW hired? When Brohm bailed after the B1G Championship game. When the winter transfer window was closing.

When was Fickel and Rhule hired. Mid 2022 season when they have time to evaluate their roster and get coaches in place. How many more wins did Nebraska have than Purdue in 2023? Answer is one.

But these facts do not fit your narrative does it?

So you won’t respond to my messages because they are “what ifs” and the. You throw out a bunch of “what ifs” about the defense and basically say Walter’s isn’t really that good of a DC.

The flaw wasn’t deeper. Brohm didn’t recruit defense. Walter’s inherited a bad team and made guys better, but it wasn’t enough. You complain about Theineman being out of the play before it began, yet all he did was make plays. Seems Walter’s knew what he was doing there.

I remember a time when Brohm got to Purdue and his offense his first year was trash. So you?

Reactions: z_one
8-4 and 4-8. Easy to throw numbers out there. Look closer to the 2022 and 2023 season. Who was our non conference games in 2022. Indy State, FAU, and @Syracuse.

Who was our 2023 non con. Fresno State, Syracuse and @VT. This non con was much tougher.

Who was our toughest opponent in 2022, Penn State. No Michigan (regular season) and no Ohio State.

Who was our toughest opponent in 2023, Michigan and Ohio State. Hmmm, I wonder why we had a more successful season in 2022 than 2023. Keep throwing the 8-4 and 4-8 numbers out there because it fits your narrative.

When was CRW hired? When Brohm bailed after the B1G Championship game. When the winter transfer window was closing.

When was Fickel and Rhule hired. Mid 2022 season when they have time to evaluate their roster and get coaches in place. How many more wins did Nebraska have than Purdue in 2023? Answer is one.

But these facts do not fit your narrative does it?
Nothing I’ve said does. It’s the reason he refuses to respond to it. Walter’s has a bad defense in year one and it’s because he sucks. Can’t wait to hear why Brohm had a bad offense in year one.

Trust him though. It wasn’t a talent issue. Brohm had the defense built to win. Walter’s destroyed it…. Even though Brohm left no CB’s and Walter’s made every Brohm defender better.

Walters did not underachieve. I know we’ve been through this before, and I’m just talking into an abyss filled with ignorant preconceived notions, but this man was left with nothing.

You should be thanking your lucky stars that he got Card and all these other guys to come here. Now we have an experienced QB with an an OL that actually looks like it belongs in the B1G, and better WRs. He has completely overhauled the trash roster he inherited, and all you can do is long for the days of Brohmco.

But I know when Brohmco retires, having gone over .500 in an irrelevant league, you’ll still be online worshiping them. Smh
If Walter's is unable to take advantage of the talent that he has recruited than securing Card will go down as a bust.
I'm impressed that you were prepared for a underwhelming 2023 season as I and others were expecting more from the defensive savant......
I'm searching for your pre 2023 season post where you predicted a season that would be subpar from a coaching and talent stand point.
Some are saying that the new talent is great,others are offering that it is merely better than what we had. Either way, this season sets squarely on CRW shoulders.

• Haha
Reactions: z_one and pboiler18
So you won’t respond to my messages because they are “what ifs” and the. You throw out a bunch of “what ifs” about the defense and basically say Walter’s isn’t really that good of a DC.

The flaw wasn’t deeper. Brohm didn’t recruit defense. Walter’s inherited a bad team and made guys better, but it wasn’t enough. You complain about Theineman being out of the play before it began, yet all he did was make plays. Seems Walter’s knew what he was doing there.

I remember a time when Brohm got to Purdue and his offense his first year was trash. So you?
Except Brohm had a top 40 defense in 2022 and we had a bottom 20 defense in 2023. But sure, we were “better”

You’re twisting the facts to support a narrative that hasn’t been true for this coach at Purdue.

Except Brohm had a top 40 defense in 2022 and we had a bottom 20 defense in 2023. But sure, we were “better”

You’re twisting the facts to support a narrative that hasn’t been true for this coach at Purdue.
According to the ncaa, Purdue had the number 52 defense under Brohm: https://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div

Number 67 out of 130 under Walter’s. https://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div

I would expect a little bit of a dive when you are starting a WR at CB in week 7 and little depth though. Tough ask of the player.

Want to do ppg? Walter’s was 98th of 130. Brohm was 73rd. (Walter’s was #1 same year Brohm was 73rd, FYI)

Seems to me you are twisting facts with your defensive rankings.

Reactions: tbird2017 and z_one
Well guys, I'll tell you what. We're going to find out soon enough. Everywhere he's been, in year 2 the turnaround became apparent. Scheme is installed and the talent improved. Going to need the guys up front to step up, as that is the biggest question mark. It'll be cool not having OC Brothers out there ibn the middle not having a clue what to do though, lol

If Walter's is unable to take advantage of the talent that he has recruited than securing Card will go down as a bust.
I'm impressed that you were prepared for a underwhelming 2023 season as I and others were expecting more from the defensive savant......
I'm searching for your pre 2023 season post where you predicted a season that would be subpar from a coaching and talent stand point.
Some are saying that the new talent is great,others are offering that it is merely better than what we had. Either way, this season sets squarely on CRW shoulders.
So you thought a first year coach with a team that had lost all of it's best players and was initiating a new offense and defense with a new quarterback was going to win big? SMH Were you calling for Painter's head after his losing first season?

Reactions: cillerdo

This is ignorant.

Give us a break. #1 He hadn't given Mock a scholarship before. #2 he already had his quarterback set up for Louisville. No need to recruit one for Purdue. He wasn't coming back. Brohm is gone. Let him stay gone.

Give us a break. #1 He hadn't given Mock a scholarship before. #2 he already had his quarterback set up for Louisville. No need to recruit one for Purdue. He wasn't coming back. Brohm is gone. Let him stay gone.
He twisted facts, than ran. I’d love for him to explain how Walter’s defense will be bad this year. He seems to think it will suck. Real fair of him to just write the defense off because of one bad, injury riddled, rebuilding year. He’s about as sauceless as Ronnie Johnson in these discussions.

This is ignorant.

So you are insinuating Brohms defenses were good? Got any data to back that up. If Brohm didn’t find an NFL player 3 blocks away from the coaches office, he wouldn’t have sniffed a defense in the top 10 of B1G teams beyond his first year (thanks Darrell H)

So you are insinuating Brohms defenses were good? Got any data to back that up. If Brohm didn’t find an NFL player 3 blocks away from the coaches office, he wouldn’t have sniffed a defense in the top 10 of B1G teams beyond his first year (thanks Darrell H)
Good is relative but they were vastly better than last years.

• Haha
Reactions: z_one and TheGunner

Vastly better sounds relative. What is your point?

CRW’s defense struggled last year, that is the consensus. The DBs were not good enough.
This year CRW addressed the DB issues and is now the strength of this defense.

2024 defense will be much better than 2023 defense. CRW has the personnel to run his defense.

Vastly aye?

2022 stats - 28 sacks, 62 TFL’s, 48 PD, 15 INT’s, 8 FF’s, 27.4 ppg, 366 ypg, 225 pass, 143 rush.

2022 includes a game vs Indiana state.

2023 stats - 35 sacks, 75 TFL’s, 39 PD, 10 INT’s, 9 FF’s, 30.4 ppg, 382 ypg, 241 pass, 140 rush.

Vastly my ass. The biggest difference is the secondary. Walter’s did what he could, but once the top CB got hurt, game over. Didn’t inherit a CB from Brohm that was starter material.

Honest question, do you look up stats? I’ve looked them up on a few things and you are way off every time. Then you don’t respond. Kind of comical, but sad because I like having discussion.

Vastly aye?

2022 stats - 28 sacks, 62 TFL’s, 48 PD, 15 INT’s, 8 FF’s, 27.4 ppg, 366 ypg, 225 pass, 143 rush.

2022 includes a game vs Indiana state.

2023 stats - 35 sacks, 75 TFL’s, 39 PD, 10 INT’s, 9 FF’s, 30.4 ppg, 382 ypg, 241 pass, 140 rush.

Vastly my ass. The biggest difference is the secondary. Walter’s did what he could, but once the top CB got hurt, game over. Didn’t inherit a CB from Brohm that was starter material.

Honest question, do you look up stats? I’ve looked them up on a few things and you are way off every time. Then you don’t respond. Kind of comical, but sad because I like having discussion.
8-4 vs 4-8 seems pretty simple to me.

Issue was, QB was hurt more than not, TE was a rotational door. So did it take him a long time to realize it or did he choose not to run his QB with a rib injury?
I think bigger issues were Mockabess fumbling issue (didn't he have like 7 or something in the first 5 games?) and converting on short yardage/red zone. We were terrible at getting those 1-2 yards on 3rd/4th down.

I think bigger issues were Mockabess fumbling issue (didn't he have like 7 or something in the first 5 games?) and converting on short yardage/red zone. We were terrible at getting those 1-2 yards on 3rd/4th down.
Ya. There were a ton of issues on offense, most of which is not on coaching. Harrell did pretty good with what he had, especially as the season went on. Finished super strong.

• Haha

Mockabee fixed the fumble issues later in the season. Mockabee grew a lot from working with Coach Conrad and seeing Tracy’s play.

If you look at Mockabee run the 1st 4 games of 2023 season to the last 4 games of the 2023 season, he looks like a completely different running back. A little less crazy legs and more decisive/ explosive runner.

Reactions: z_one and BoilerN
Ya. There were a ton of issues on offense, most of which is not on coaching. Harrell did pretty good with what he had, especially as the season went on. Finished super strong.
Where you at @pboiler18? You laugh but once again, can’t explain?

I think this is a misrepresentation. Only a few guys know the timing of this but our 2023 qb committed years prior. “His qb?” It was a shock he went there he tried to go several other places first and then came back here and then realized he wasn’t wanted here. His dad hated brohm. Also he had to wait for mock to get to spring season to get his scholly as there were “initial counter” issues and Walters said afterwards he screwed up and wasn’t supposed to do that and he had to wait until spring as I understand it. Brohm didn’t have to stay the first time and he did, he is gone now but he brought us respect. No need to trash his character or integrity here.

• Haha
I think this is a misrepresentation. Only a few guys know the timing of this but our 2023 qb committed years prior. “His qb?” It was a shock he went there he tried to go several other places first and then came back here and then realized he wasn’t wanted here. His dad hated brohm. Also he had to wait for mock to get to spring season to get his scholly as there were “initial counter” issues and Walters said afterwards he screwed up and wasn’t supposed to do that and he had to wait until spring as I understand it. Brohm didn’t have to stay the first time and he did, he is gone now but he brought us respect. No need to trash his character or integrity here.

You need to add names to your post. Our 2023 QB is Card. I assume you are talking about Brady Allen. Do not know the details of the behind the scene. I know Allen’s dad was pissed because CRW was looking to add another backup QB to the QB room. Which ended up being Meredith.

I do not know what you are trying to say about “initial counter”. Source?

No need to bad mouth Brohm. His name gets brought up because people want to compare Brohmn’s results to CRW’s first year results. The timing of when Brohm left made it difficult for CRW to have a chance for a decent year.

A lot of players entered the transfer portal after the 2022 season, so it would have been difficult to replace those talents. People refuse to acknowledge the challenges that CRW had to go through as a first year coach.

2022 season was fun. But looking forward to what the 2024 season will look like.

Reactions: z_one and cillerdo
You need to add names to your post. Our 2023 QB is Card. I assume you are talking about Brady Allen. Do not know the details of the behind the scene. I know Allen’s dad was pissed because CRW was looking to add another backup QB to the QB room. Which ended up being Meredith.

I do not know what you are trying to say about “initial counter”. Source?

No need to bad mouth Brohm. His name gets brought up because people want to compare Brohmn’s results to CRW’s first year results. The timing of when Brohm left made it difficult for CRW to have a chance for a decent year.

A lot of players entered the transfer portal after the 2022 season, so it would have been difficult to replace those talents. People refuse to acknowledge the challenges that CRW had to go through as a first year coach.

2022 season was fun. But looking forward to what the 2024 season will look like.
I was talking about allen, there was a comment that I thought implied brohm was taking him and also that he didn’t recruit a qb for Purdue since he was on his way out.

We had the max initial counters the last year Mockobee (and garvin IIRC) were walk-ons. If they wait until their junior year they can be awarded to a walk-on and not count towards an initial counter (basically not Grey shirting). Mockobee was a sophomore so if he got a scholarship in the fall semester he would have counted towards our limit of initial counters so had to wait until after spring semester started (he was still a sophomore but his initial counter would have been applied to next year similar to a an wealthy enrollee). He jumped the gun a few weeks and later joked he was told after his video he was told he was not supposed to do that. Brohm had already committed to getting those two on scholarship when he could get them under the limit before he left.

Reactions: cillerdo
He doesn’t use tape or stats. Just makes things up
You don’t think our 21 and 22 defenses were good? They were VASTLy better than last years. Yes.

You’re making up fiction to prove YOUR point. Fumble issues aren’t on the coaches? Don’t they teach ball security? Why did Mock have so many fumble issues under Walters but not Brohm?

Could go on and on. You post opinions as fact. This coach has recruited well but coached his team up poorly. It’s obvious to see to those that are paying attention.

Have you already come up with your excuse for if we are bad in 2024? Injuries? Brohm? Me?

Reactions: mklinker
You don’t think our 21 and 22 defenses were good? They were VASTLy better than last years. Yes.

You’re making up fiction to prove YOUR point. Fumble issues aren’t on the coaches? Don’t they teach ball security? Why did Mock have so many fumble issues under Walters but not Brohm?

Could go on and on. You post opinions as fact. This coach has recruited well but coached his team up poorly. It’s obvious to see to those that are paying attention.

Have you already come up with your excuse for if we are bad in 2024? Injuries? Brohm? Me?
What’s the 21 defense have to do anything? We were comparing 22 to 23. How was it vastly better? You’ve yet to explain.

Did the coaches make mockabees fumble issues better then? What opinions have I made facts? The stats I posted? They are more factual than the fake stats you posted.

Why do I need an excuse for 24? Not sure you’ve heard anything I’ve said.

Posting opinion as fact? That is your method of operation. You make things up to fit your narrative and pose it as fact.

At least BoilerN backs up his posts with stats and sources.

In your previous post you said you hoped this team will do well. Now you are just waiting for this team to fail.

Posting opinion as fact? That is your method of operation. You make things up to fit your narrative and pose it as fact.

At least BoilerN backs up his posts with stats and sources.

In your previous post you said you hoped this team will do well. Now you are just waiting for this team to fail.
I’m not. The influx of talent has me hopeful.

The coaching staff has me feeling otherwise but I’d love to be wrong.

Can’t believe you could watch games like Fresno, Syracuse, Nebraska, etc. last year and go yeah…definitely everything is fine…

The kids get paid now. The coaches make mega $$$. They aren’t free from real and logical criticism.

Reactions: tenwest

Can’t believe you could watch games like Fresno, Syracuse, Nebraska, etc. last year and go yeah…definitely everything is fine…

The kids get paid now. The coaches make mega $$$. They aren’t free from real and logical criticism.

A lot has changed since the Fresno State game.

Some players went PRO, some transferred out, some transferred in. This is a different team.

Night and day from the team that faced Fresno State to the team that will face Indy State. Ie. See my previous post about Mockabee.

I watched all the games and saw a team that go better as the year went on and finished on a high note.

I see you ignored your lack of facts and refusal to have conversation with facts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT