ADVERTISEMENT

OL

Their players were not as good as ours. We’d have beaten NW with a healthy QB or a good game plan for our #2
So records don’t mean anything now? Because that was the measure earlier. What’s the difference?

Reactions: z_one
You think we weren’t better than that NW team? lol

And yes we were better than IU or Minny. That’s why we beat them.
Idk. Northwestern and Minnesota were 6 win teams. Purdue and iu were equals before they played. Their records say so. This is the standard you created. Remember 8-4 to 4-8?

Idk. Northwestern and Minnesota were 6 win teams. Purdue and iu were equals before they played. Their records say so. This is the standard you created. Remember 8-4 to 4-8?
lol. Ok. So you only go off records and not your eyes?

2023 was a 6-7 win team that underperformed because of poor coaching. Hopefully the better talent covers up the coaching deficiencies or that the coaches finally figure it out!

• Haha
lol. Ok. So you only go off records and not your eyes?

2023 was a 6-7 win team that underperformed because of poor coaching. Hopefully the better talent covers up the coaching deficiencies or that the coaches finally figure it out!
No, that’s the standard you set. But I agree, coaching was one of the many reasons Purdue didn’t win 6 last year. There were multiple reasons. But, as mentioned, they ended on a high note. Walter’s is going to be good.

Plummer didn’t even play for Purdue when brohm left LOL
Who said he did? Plummer left California for Louisville. LOL The point is that Brohm set it up all the way. He knew he was going to be gone and our pathetic recruiting that left Walters on an island proved it.

Last edited:
I challenge you to show me a "tantram."

So we had one talented defensive play who is no longer with the team. One talented played who is still with the team. And one highly rated player WHO IS INJURED and may be back for ND who wasn't with the team. And this is your data to support running an offense that we don't have the talent to run? Scourton was great as was the FS.....and we still finished LAST in the big ten is overall defense rankings.
OK "White gas". LOL

No, that’s the standard you set. But I agree, coaching was one of the many reasons Purdue didn’t win 6 last year. There were multiple reasons. But, as mentioned, they ended on a high note. Walter’s is going to be good.
So just to confirm, does W/L record matter? Or does it not? Or does it only sometimes? I’m confused.

You think we weren’t better than that NW team? lol

And yes we were better than IU or Minny. That’s why we beat them.
Northwestern was 8-5. They beat Wisconsin, Maryland, Minnesota, Illinois, Purdue, and Utah( in a bowl game). How many of those games did you watch? Just one? I'm pretty sure they were better than us last year. Hopefully not this year.

Reactions: mklinker
Northwestern was 8-5. They beat Wisconsin, Maryland, Minnesota, Illinois, Purdue, and Utah( in a bowl game). How many of those games did you watch? Just one? I'm pretty sure they were better than us last year. Hopefully not this year.
No no no. He used the eye test. Records only matter when comparing Brohm and Walters. His words, not mine. But you through actual stats and logic at him, so he won’t respond.

No no no. He used the eye test. Records only matter when comparing Brohm and Walters. His words, not mine. But you through actual stats and logic at him, so he won’t respond.
So using the eye test…you think the 2022 and 2023 Purdue teams were similar? Get over yourself.

You’ll grow tired of defending the ineptness soon.

So using the eye test…you think the 2022 and 2023 Purdue teams were similar? Get over yourself.

You’ll grow tired of defending the ineptness soon.
Statistically speaking, they weren’t far off. But no, last years team was much less talented. Consistent with what I’ve said the whole time.

• Haha
Reactions: z_one and pboiler18
Again. Disagree. Not coached as well.

Will be proven here in a few short weeks sadly.
Yes. There was some coaching mistakes, especially early, but they got better as the year went on and ended on a high note. Then made the team better. But it was less talented. Purdue doesn’t lose multiple NFL players and get better. Walter’s made some players better, but still some holes, like WR and OL. CB, safeties beyond Theineman.

In fact, Brohm left no CB’s behind. That room had nothing.

Yes. There was some coaching mistakes, especially early, but they got better as the year went on and ended on a high note. Then made the team better. But it was less talented. Purdue doesn’t lose multiple NFL players and get better. Walter’s made some players better, but still some holes, like WR and OL. CB, safeties beyond Theineman.

In fact, Brohm left no CB’s behind. That room had nothing.
Right. The coaches weren’t liable for their mistakes while here.

It was all Brohms fault after he was gone.

At least you’re comfortable with excuses. Better start working on them for this year just in case.

Brohm filled a ton of holes in the portal, consistently through his 6 years here. He wouldn’t have gone and gotten players to fill holes? You’re dense.

• Haha
Right. The coaches weren’t liable for their mistakes while here.

It was all Brohms fault after he was gone.

At least you’re comfortable with excuses. Better start working on them for this year just in case.

Brohm filled a ton of holes in the portal, consistently through his 6 years here. He wouldn’t have gone and gotten players to fill holes? You’re dense.
I’m dense, says the person who read me stating the coaches made mistakes last year then had the audacity to say I said the coaches weren’t liable for mistakes….. I honestly don’t think you can comprehend when you read because damn.

Walter’s did fill as many holes in the portal as he could. He got a late start to the portal though and most of the good players were gone. Then corners got hurt.

But here we are again, making stuff up to fit your narrative….. try having a discussion vs making stuff up and then running. Let’s try this. I’m going to ask a question. You answer.

Tell me about the QB room and CB room Brohm left behind for Walter’s.

I’m dense, says the person who read me stating the coaches made mistakes last year then had the audacity to say I said the coaches weren’t liable for mistakes….. I honestly don’t think you can comprehend when you read because damn.

Walter’s did fill as many holes in the portal as he could. He got a late start to the portal though and most of the good players were gone. Then corners got hurt.

But here we are again, making stuff up to fit your narrative….. try having a discussion vs making stuff up and then running. Let’s try this. I’m going to ask a question. You answer.

Walters chased off Brohms QB after the spring and told 2+ year starter at RT Eric Miller he wouldn’t start and chased him off too. Brohm had built a good offense and a good reputation at developing guys…you really think he couldn’t have brought a good QB in the portal? Please.

You then want to blame Brohm for not leaving good OL when he recruited what could have been 4 of 5 starters on the line with a chance to pick up more in the portal? You can’t see how silly that makes you look? We could argue about depth and development but Brohm made winning football work with average or even below average OLs. And 3/5 starters this year including our best returner are his recruits….this just isn’t a real argument to me.

You fail to acknowledge that Walters and staff created plenty of their own issues as well…and that’s why some people are bearish on the upcoming season. I definitely think we upgraded the roster and Walters obviously deserves credit for that…but if you continue to use schemes that don’t fit your talent, purposely ignore your strengths and weaknesses and refuse to adjust when something is obviously not working…you’re doomed to fail…even with an upgrade of talent.

We will be about as talented as a Purdue team can be going into this year. If a bowl doesn’t happen…what will your excuses be? What if Walters can’t produce a winner after year 3? In the portal era that’s more than enough time. Will you continue your support at that point?

I think most won’t.

• Haha
Reactions: mklinker and z_one
Walters chased off Brohms QB after the spring and told 2+ year starter at RT Eric Miller he wouldn’t start and chased him off too. Brohm had built a good offense and a good reputation at developing guys…you really think he couldn’t have brought a good QB in the portal? Please.

You then want to blame Brohm for not leaving good OL when he recruited what could have been 4 of 5 starters on the line with a chance to pick up more in the portal? You can’t see how silly that makes you look? We could argue about depth and development but Brohm made winning football work with average or even below average OLs. And 3/5 starters this year including our best returner are his recruits….this just isn’t a real argument to me.

You fail to acknowledge that Walters and staff created plenty of their own issues as well…and that’s why some people are bearish on the upcoming season. I definitely think we upgraded the roster and Walters obviously deserves credit for that…but if you continue to use schemes that don’t fit your talent, purposely ignore your strengths and weaknesses and refuse to adjust when something is obviously not working…you’re doomed to fail…even with an upgrade of talent.

We will be about as talented as a Purdue team can be going into this year. If a bowl doesn’t happen…what will your excuses be? What if Walters can’t produce a winner after year 3? In the portal era that’s more than enough time. Will you continue your support at that point?

I think most won’t.
I’m going to tackle this in spurts. QB. Walter’s ran two off? Which two? How are those two doing? If they were so good to start, why would Brohm need to bring a portal guy in?

On OL, there were three good players. Mussa, Mbow, and Hartwig. All three were hurt last year though. So yes, my knock on the OL was depth. There was none and Purdue needed it. Depth is my issue, but I’m sure you’ve read me saying it was bad due to injuries last year, not Brohm.

I’ve consistently said Walter’s and staff made mistakes last year. I haven’t failed. Walter’s has even said as much. It’s why he altered the scheme a bit mid season to help his players, and shock, the defense to steps. I’m not ignoring. But Walter’s has the talent to better run his scheme as well this season. Not sure how they don’t.

I’ve explained the last paragraph. You refuse to read. Purdue can take a step without winning more games this year because the schedule is tougher. Walter’s has built this team and has his guys. If he can’t win in year three. We need to start having a discussion.

You forgot to touch on the cornerbacks.

Also, do you read what I post because half the stuff you said about me in the above is just wrong and you would know that if you read my prior post.

Before of AFTER he chased players off?

Before of AFTER he chased players off?
He chased off players that had no business being on this roster. Name one player that Walters chased off that that belonged. Miller is the only one you can even try to argue, but I don’t think there’s any evidence that he was encouraged to leave. He followed the coach he was with for 4 years.

Reactions: z_one and BoilerN
He chased off players that had no business being on this roster. Name one player that Walters chased off that that belonged. Miller is the only one you can even try to argue, but I don’t think there’s any evidence that he was encouraged to leave. He followed the coach he was with for 4 years.
Miller for sure. Remember, he didnt transfer immediately when Brohm left. He wanted to be at Purdue and said that publicly.

He went through spring and they moved Mbow from guard to RT and told Miller he wasn’t going to play. THEN he left.

If that’s not chasing off a guy…don’t know what to tell you. Miller was a good player.

Miller for sure. Remember, he didnt transfer immediately when Brohm left. He wanted to be at Purdue and said that publicly.

He went through spring and they moved Mbow from guard to RT and told Miller he wasn’t going to play. THEN he left.

If that’s not chasing off a guy…don’t know what to tell you. Miller was a good player.
He was ok and we certainly could have used him last year. He was light and slow though, so I guess it stands to reason that the staff was clear that they were looking to find a better option, leading to his departure. At any rate, he is the only guy that there can be even the slightest complaint about being chased off by Walters.

He was ok and we certainly could have used him last year. He was light and slow though, so I guess it stands to reason that the staff was clear that they were looking to find a better option, leading to his departure. At any rate, he is the only guy that there can be even the slightest complaint about being chased off by Walters.
But when people bitch about the OL being thin…and the previous coach leaving “nothing” behind…he left 4 of our top 6 OL and the current coach ran off what would have been the 5th of the top 7.

The complaint rings a little hollow IMO at that point.

The facts are this staff is an A- off the field but a D+ at best on it.

That can obviously change but how long will the fan base put up with losing to teams we just shouldn’t, while not upsetting the teams that are better than us?

I think most won’t.
We won’t make a bowl this year but it’s because our schedule is very difficult. The 2024 Purdue team on paper makes a bowl in 2023. We will have some exciting games this year but I think 2025 should be circled on the calendar.

In 2025 we have the following home games I expect we should win
Ball state
Southern illinois
Indiana
Illinois
Rutgers

Ohio state and usc are the other home games, and nd is the other non-conf

Minnesota and northwestern are games we could steal on the road. Other roadies are Michigan and Washington.

Still weird to not see wisconsin and rival Iowa in the schedule.

But when people bitch about the OL being thin…and the previous coach leaving “nothing” behind…he left 4 of our top 6 OL and the current coach ran off what would have been the 5th of the top 7.

The complaint rings a little hollow IMO at that point.

The facts are this staff is an A- off the field but a D+ at best on it.

That can obviously change but how long will the fan base put up with losing to teams we just shouldn’t, while not upsetting the teams that are better than us?
I’d probably go C on the field due to the improvement we saw on both sides of the ball in the last few games. Should get better this year

Then you’d know he made those stats up. I pulled the actual stats and cited sources. He isn’t close.

Which defensive players did Brohm put in the NFL?
Let me help you...... Derrick Barnes LB,Detroit Lions #55......

They know the current coach is lacking so to compensate…they go after the old one?

Truly baffling strategy.
Walter’s had more defensive players drafted in one draft than Brohm had defensive players draft in his time at Purdue. What am I compensating for? If you actually had a discussion with me, I might know.

Both Brohm and Walters have went 4-8 as head coach at Purdue. Brohm is great apparently, Walter’s is deeply flawed and has no chance of improving

This is looking like the best OL at Purdue since???

Adding Stewart and Wingfield, Moussa and Mbow now in year 3, Hartwig back. Plus the depth guys that were brought in. I'm having a hard time thinking of a better group in recent memory. Starting to really talk myself into this offense taking a big leap.
It’s all relative. Purdue came to play way more than last offseason. I can’t imagine Purdue loses the Fresno state game if someone other than Johnson is in there not getting stood up on the goal line.

But this isn’t a scenario where Purdue has these guys and everyone else is stuck in 2003. So, even if the line is as good as 03, other teams could buy players too. They need to be as good as they got just to tread water and have a chance, because these games are going to be brutal. The days of IU having a guard graduating and being stuck with two RS freshmen who aren’t ready to play big ten football are over.

So on the one hand, good job Purdue. On the other hand, it’s just breaking even

It’s all relative. Purdue came to play way more than last offseason. I can’t imagine Purdue loses the Fresno state game if someone other than Johnson is in there not getting stood up on the goal line.

But this isn’t a scenario where Purdue has these guys and everyone else is stuck in 2003. So, even if the line is as good as 03, other teams could buy players too. They need to be as good as they got just to tread water and have a chance, because these games are going to be brutal. The days of IU having a guard graduating and being stuck with two RS freshmen who aren’t ready to play big ten football are over.

So on the one hand, good job Purdue. On the other hand, it’s just breaking even
If you assume Purdues peers also did just as well in the portal, you’d be correct. Big assumption.

If you assume Purdues peers also did just as well in the portal, you’d be correct. Big assumption.
I think Purdue was way behind last year and that the additions will be enough for them to be on par. It won’t be the 2003 line going toe to toe with Ohio state. But significantly better than last year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT